PDA

View Full Version : Best new member of the year...

applemacdude
May 21, 2003, 10:55 PM
Who do u think is the best new member this year?...They have to register from 1/1/03-5/1/03...

tazo
May 21, 2003, 11:02 PM
I nominate myself. Any takers? :cool:

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by tazo
I nominate myself. Any takers? :cool:

i see no reason why not... just as i was the new member of whatever time i signed up in.... ha

tazo
May 21, 2003, 11:04 PM
oh just thought of something, what makes the person best?

applemacdude
May 21, 2003, 11:05 PM
tazo...duffman is funny..ive been registered since mar 2001 and i still dont have a tar

janey
May 21, 2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by applemacdude
Who do u think is the best new member this year?...They have to register from 1/1/03-5/1/03...
damn i wanted to nominate myself hehe

the ones that stick out are chuck, baghdadbob, gener (ooh 666 posts as of may 21 2003 9:02pm PST), macfan25, MrBillGates (name stood out :p ) and tazo. really can't decide...

lmalave
May 21, 2003, 11:06 PM
For the award of funniest username I nominate BaghdadBob.

tazo
May 21, 2003, 11:06 PM
hey sweet thats 3 votes. lol. :)

applemacdude
May 21, 2003, 11:08 PM
even a harder one....best member of all time...arn

tazo
May 21, 2003, 11:09 PM
<-----------------looks around nervously

My vote goes to Rower_CPU for alltime....

:D :D

applemacdude
May 21, 2003, 11:10 PM
what about vniow...

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2003, 11:11 PM
<-----------------looks around nervously

My vote goes to Rower_CPU for alltime....

:D :D

you so nervous because it's so clearly me? ;)

tazo
May 21, 2003, 11:12 PM
think the stereotypes thread. lol. :P
"if i wanted to ban you i would have by now". lol. you know i'm just playing rower_bud :)

tazo
May 21, 2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
you so nervous because it's so clearly me? ;)

I would also vote for you as well, you make macrumors.com a warm and inviting place. :)

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2003, 11:13 PM
I would also vote for you as well, you make macrumors.com a warm and inviting place. :)

there are those that would disagree with you

ps. are you thinking that "most posts in short time" is equal to "best"??? ha.

tazo
May 21, 2003, 11:16 PM
Now that I think of it I have made a lot of posts today. with the ruben and clay thread, my pc user question thread and the ever popular stereotypes thread. hehe

applemacdude
May 21, 2003, 11:16 PM
there are those that would disagree with you

ps. are you thinking that "most posts in short time" is equal to "best"??? ha.
tazo just posts a lot

applemacdude
May 21, 2003, 11:18 PM
best teen ( boy and girl) member= übergeek and scem0

janey
May 21, 2003, 11:20 PM
omg *cries* scem0?!
why not ibookin'?! the genius child prodigy boyfriend of mine?!

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2003, 11:20 PM

king cobra (he's just so helpful). and... no teen girl that i can think of.

ibookin'
May 21, 2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by übergeek
omg *cries* scem0?!
why not ibookin'?! the genius child prodigy boyfriend of mine?!

Yeah, why not me? :D

No, I think scem0 deserves to win that one rather than me.

janey
May 21, 2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by ibookin'
Yeah, why not me? :D

No, I think scem0 deserves to win that one rather than me.
heh i guess you are right...scem0 was infinitely more interesting then you were...

Rower_CPU
May 21, 2003, 11:28 PM
think the stereotypes thread. lol. :P
"if i wanted to ban you i would have by now". lol. you know i'm just playing rower_bud :)

Don't push it. :p ;)

Doctor Q
May 21, 2003, 11:34 PM
Who were the top 20 posters among those who registered this year?

janey
May 21, 2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Doctor Q
Who were the top 20 posters among those who registered this year? tazo and macfan25 are certainly near the top :p

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2003, 11:40 PM
macfan25 has the most from 2003 members

tazo's nowhere close..... yet.

tazo
May 21, 2003, 11:54 PM
For people registered this year I am nowhere near close to the top? Who has the highest. I think i have 4xx.

Doctor Q
May 21, 2003, 11:55 PM
After we narrow down the candidate list, we'll have the swimsuit competition and the talent show. Then we'll ask each remaining candidate an important question like "If you were Steve Jobs, how would you use your reality distortion field to help mankind?"

Marion the Librarian, I mean sillymacgirl, is new but might be a good candidate for Miss Congeniality.

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2003, 11:58 PM
For people registered this year I am nowhere near close to the top? Who has the highest. I think i have 4xx.

as i said, macfan25 has like 1100... you're in about 8th place or something of the people this year.

tazo
May 22, 2003, 12:01 AM
as i said, macfan25 has like 1100... you're in about 8th place or something of the people this year.
wow 1100 in 5 monhts., thats a lot. :) But I am also newer, I registered in April.

QCassidy352
May 22, 2003, 12:03 AM
damn, I registered in march and have ~225-250... i thought that was a lot. :( ;) Guess i'm out.

edit to fix smileys

Doctor Q
May 22, 2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by QCassidy352
damn, I registered in march and have ~225-250... i thought that was a lot. :( ;) Guess i'm out.Not at all, QCassidy352. We're discussing the best new member, not necessarily the spammiest new member. And, as a self-appointed judge, I should mention that I give extra points to people with prominent Qs in their names. Also, I take bribes.

vniow
May 22, 2003, 12:19 AM
what about vniow...

Don't think I count, if this were a year registered as of the date of this thread maybe...

trebblekicked
May 22, 2003, 12:52 AM
my favorites were liberal ovi and scem0 the 2nd. ain't nothing like MR user sequels. or wait. was that last year? I GOT NO SENSE OF TIME...

pseudobrit
May 22, 2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by QCassidy352
damn, I registered in march and have ~225-250... i thought that was a lot. :( ;) Guess i'm out.

edit to fix smileys

Jump in the Political/War thread if you want your numbers to go up a little. As soon as I did I went from "member" to where I am now in a few short months (like two).

Actually, no, stay out of the politcal threads. It's a ********** mess! :D

vniow
May 22, 2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by trebblekicked
my favorites were liberal ovi and scem0 the 2nd. ain't nothing like MR user sequels. or wait. was that last year? I GOT NO SENSE OF TIME...

Ha, Liberal Ovi (http://forums.macrumors.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=15568) was classic, I wonder which member that really was..
You have to remembver some of the political threads (pre the seperate forum) that he participated in in order to get the full joke.

I also remember someone registering as the Iraqi Information Minister and started trolling the political threads, all the posts were deleted though, it was pretty funny however...

shadowfax
May 22, 2003, 01:15 AM
hey tazo--i think i once posted ~300 posts in a week. that was one hell of a week. of course, most of them ended in the wasteland, but hey, what are you gonna do?

i don't know you newbies well enough to pick a best. i can't say i even keep track, really. i think i'd pick whichever of you is most transparent :p

ibookin'
May 22, 2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Shadowfax
hey tazo--i think i once posted ~300 posts in a week. that was one hell of a week. of course, most of them ended in the wasteland, but hey, what are you gonna do?

The geek thread... Ah, memories...

:D

That thread was started by a (relative) newbie, registered in December 2002. übergeek.

I haven't been here all THAT long and already there are a lot of notable people apparent to me. Of course, I spend WAY too much time here... :D

chewbaccapits
May 22, 2003, 01:30 AM
I would vote for vniow as the hottest member, but she might change her avatar to that damn ugly pict again!

GeneR
May 22, 2003, 03:49 AM
Wow, this thread is so warm and cuddly. Maybe we should all break out the hot chocolate, sit around a campfire, all hold hands, skip, dance and sing Christmas carols like little elves!

-- er, NOT! :D

RE: Tazo's number count.
To paraphrase the Tricks cereal commercial, "Silly Tazo, spam postings are for MacFan25!" Heh. (No offense, MacFan25! :D)

By the way, thanks for the vote, über! The 666 freaked me too. I immediately made another lame response to a thread to put me over that. Whew! :D

BaghdadBob
May 22, 2003, 04:40 AM
I second a vote for scem0 just because he always seems to be in the same threads as me. And he has a fine appreciation for ramen. Although I will now always think of him looking like Gollum...

BaghdadBob Dole wants to nominate BaghdadBob Dole for the category of Picking Fights for MacBandit :D

Now, I need to go make some...übercoffee? To finish filling up this thing...maybe in another twelve hours...

Oh my, it's sweet...

MacFan25
May 22, 2003, 06:12 AM
I may have the most posts for a new member this year, but that doesnt mean I'm the best new member. :p ;) :D

Bengt77
May 22, 2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by BaghdadBob
BaghdadBob Dole wants to nominate BaghdadBob Dole for the category of Picking Fights for MacBandit :D

Oh dear! I almost forgot about BaghdadBob. He definitely deserves the title! He's really a warm sound in the MacRumors.com jungle.

:)

Really.

mactastic
May 22, 2003, 09:43 AM
Best at what may I ask? We weren't asked to list our talents when we joined! And who votes? Is this like the academy awards where you get to bribe the judges? I have cookies! Or we could make it like Amer. Idol where you have to get fan votes! Or maybe a MacRumors Survivor contest? Oh what fun. But no one's gonna want to see me in a bathing suit contest so I'm out. Good luck to all you rabid posters. I thought I was spending to much time on here and I've only got like 50 posts!

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2003, 09:51 AM
that's the beauty of it... best is subjective and means nothing. ha.

Foxer
May 22, 2003, 10:14 AM
I think all the new members are embarrassing failures and should be shipped off to another Mac site so macrumors can start from scratch.

Bengt77
May 22, 2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Foxer
I think all the new members are embarrassing failures and should be shipped off to another Mac site so macrumors can start from scratch.

With one vote (so far) Foxer, you are the weakest link. Goodbye!

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2003, 10:56 AM
I don't think that there is a single member that sticks out as 'the best'. Its unfortunate that the only ones that I seem to remember are the ones who caused problems.....:D

D

maradong
May 22, 2003, 11:00 AM
what about me ? :D

Bengt77
May 22, 2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
I don't think that there is a single member that sticks out as 'the best'. Its unfortunate that the only ones that I seem to remember are the ones who caused problems.....:D

D

Give us stories, please! I'd sure love to here some horror stories from the old days of MacRumors.com, which I never knew. Oh well, too bad...

*SIGH*

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by maradong
what about me ? :D

nope

;)

Doctor Q
May 22, 2003, 12:11 PM
Maybe the best new member is that new kid on the block named Mr. Anderson. He appeared for the first time only a couple of weeks ago, but I have found him to be insightful, witty, and well-spoken. In fact, he puts to shame some of the longer-term members like that annoying and overbearing dukestreet guy. Boy I'm glad he's gone! ;)

(No doubt somebody's going to take me seriously, despite the smirkie ;), so I'll protest in advance: Hey, it's a joke!)

Bengt77
May 22, 2003, 02:36 PM
Maybe the best new member is that new kid on the block named Mr. Anderson. He appeared for the first time only a couple of weeks ago, but I have found him to be insightful, witty, and well-spoken. In fact, he puts to shame some of the longer-term members like that annoying and overbearing dukestreet guy. Boy I'm glad he's gone! ;)

Hahahahahaha!

wdlove
May 22, 2003, 02:47 PM
Are we going to consider a name change as a new member?

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
Are we going to consider a name change as a new member?

No.

And Doctor Q, thanks - its always nice to know I'm appreciated. Now where is that bannishment button.....;)

D

tazo
May 22, 2003, 03:15 PM
I am at 420, and I am perfectly happy with that. As far as I'm concerned, the majority of those 400+ posts have been constructive, not spam. I also have that 'worst question asked' thread under my belt, which has been extremely popular for a while now. :)

GeneR
May 22, 2003, 03:19 PM
How about voting for which members act the most like a new member? heh! Ouch! :D

Don't flame me! :D

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by GeneR
How about voting for which members act the most like a new member? heh! Ouch! :D

Don't flame me! :D

hah. awesome.

got some nominations in mind?

tazo
May 22, 2003, 03:29 PM
I am so hurt greg :( ;)

Doctor Q
May 22, 2003, 03:29 PM
Are we going to consider a name change as a new member? No. I had to read all 1,274 pages of the Official Best New Member of the Year Contest Rulebook (http://www.easternstate.org/album/objects/set2/large/RuleBook.jpg), but I found it in Section 27.3, paragraph 4a(ii).

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2003, 03:33 PM
No. I had to read all 1,274 pages of the Official Best New Member of the Year Contest Rulebook (http://www.easternstate.org/album/objects/set2/large/RuleBook.jpg), but I found it in Section 27.3, paragraph 4a(ii).

hmm.... i could've sworn is was paragraph 4b(ii)

but my memory could be failing me

tazo- who is greg? just trying to boost posts some more?

tazo
May 22, 2003, 03:34 PM
sorry I meant gene, I thought it was greg. wow now who sounds like a crazy dude.
<------------slaps his own face

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2003, 03:35 PM
sorry I meant gene, I thought it was greg. wow now who sounds like a crazy dude.
<------------slaps his own face

i thought you two knew each other and it was a pet name of some sort...

tazo
May 22, 2003, 03:36 PM
i thought you two knew each other and it was a pet name of some sort...

That would be a bit umm, odd, for not knowing someone except online and giving them a pet name :)

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2003, 03:38 PM
That would be a bit umm, odd, for not knowing someone except online and giving them a pet name :)

1. you're saying you're not odd?

2. that was my point... hence "i thought maybe you knew each other"...

3. i've given many people pet names.

tazo
May 22, 2003, 03:39 PM
1. you're saying you're not odd?

2. that was my point... hence "i thought maybe you knew each other"...

3. i've given many people pet names.

Everyone has their own idiosyncrasies, making everyone a bit odd in their own sense :)

MrMacMan
May 22, 2003, 04:19 PM
I say you are all great.

:hands out cookies for all new members:*

as long as your on the folding team

Have a nice cookie! :D

applemacdude
May 22, 2003, 09:13 PM
can anybody help me "pick" the best new member, best teen girl, boy..best top 3 of all time?... im lookin for 4 people to help me...then we can crown them or something..or make a contest

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2003, 09:16 PM
can anybody help me "pick" the best new member, best teen girl, boy..best top 3 of all time?... im lookin for 4 people to help me...then we can crown them or something..or make a contest

you'd need to come up with a better plan than that. It would end up just being who those few would pick - not very valid I would imagine.

D

shadowfax
May 22, 2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman
I say you are all great.

:hands out cookies for all new members:*

as long as your on the folding team

Have a nice cookie! :D i'll vote for you if you "take care of" my taxes...

MrMacMan
May 22, 2003, 09:24 PM
i'll vote for you if you "take care of" my taxes...

haha, I'm not a new member, heck I have like 50 posts over you. :-0 :rolleyes:

edit: and taxes aren't that hard... :p

shadowfax
May 22, 2003, 09:26 PM
haha, I'm not a new member, heck I have like 50 posts over you. :-0 :rolleyes: well, we could have voted you in as the best of all time, but you've ruined that now! "50 posts over you?" what's that supposed to mean? you're not getting my vote anymore, schmuck! :p

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2003, 09:28 PM
haha, I'm not a new member, heck I have like 50 posts over you. :-0 :rolleyes:

Actually, you've been around longer than most members posting these days - even longer than me?!?!

:p :D

MrMacMan
May 22, 2003, 09:31 PM
well, we could have voted you in as the best of all time, but you've ruined that now! "50 posts over you?" what's that supposed to mean? you're not getting my vote anymore, schmuck! :p

gah, I was condescending, sorry. :(

Actually, you've been around longer than most members posting these days - even longer than me?!?!

:p :D

Yup. I was here, well, since *almost* the beggining.

edit: That is why my post average is so low, I stopped posting here for like 6-9 months... :eek:
I post like 20+ messages a day, but with an insanily low post average, woot!

applemacdude
May 22, 2003, 09:31 PM
you'd need to come up with a better plan than that. It would end up just being who those few would pick - not very valid I would imagine.

D

well then u take care of it..:) i dont have that much time anyways.....id like to see the winners

Freg3000
May 22, 2003, 09:40 PM
I can't even remember when I registered. I know it was sometime in 2002 so I guess I can be the best new member of this year. :( I don't even care, it is just so much fun here at MacRumors. :)

Edit: There is is, September of 2002. Not even a year yet......

<--------------

scem0
May 22, 2003, 09:40 PM

how about scem0 the first (ie me)? Okay fine, fine, fine..... I registered 2 years ago... :rolleyes: :o ;)

scem0
May 22, 2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by BaghdadBob
I second a vote for scem0 just because he always seems to be in the same threads as me. And he has a fine appreciation for ramen. Although I will now always think of him looking like Gollum...

well, the other people have been talking about a dude called 'scem0 the second' who I don't know, but he took my name, and started posting. It was quite amusing. But thanks for the compliments. :D

shadowfax
May 22, 2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by scem0
how about scem0 the first (ie me)? Okay fine, fine, fine..... I registered 2 years ago... :rolleyes: :o ;) 11 months = 2 years?

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2003, 10:17 PM
well then u take care of it..:) i dont have that much time anyways.....id like to see the winners

not likely - I have other things to worry about.......;)

trebblekicked
May 22, 2003, 10:19 PM
how about scem0 the first (ie me)? Okay fine, fine, fine..... I registered 2 years ago... :rolleyes: :o ;)

i'd gladly put you on my "all time" ballot.
you've put me on the floor a couple times.

i was thinking about a "thread of the year" award. who gets it? my early nominees:

1. We Need to Invade Zimbabwe (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23053)

2. The Geek Thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20569&highlight=geek+thread)

3. Discussing macBandit's artwork (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24694)

favorite part of this one:
Originally posted by jamilecrire
Is there really anything else worth focusing on besides mammary glands? I mean really, is there?

Eyelikeart's response: Evil Babies.

applemacdude
May 22, 2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Ms. Anderson
not likely - I have other things to worry about.......;)

any takers

tazo
May 22, 2003, 10:29 PM
I vote for myself. I have a great thread going, I try and actively participate on the board, and constructively post in threads where I can make the thread better.

tazo

vniow
May 22, 2003, 10:32 PM
i was thinking about a "thread of the year" award. who gets it? my early nominees:

1. We Need to Invade Zimbabwe (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23053)

2. The Geek Thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20569&highlight=geek+thread)

*sob*

That brings back so many menories, I almost piss my pants when I think about those.

But don't forget the Eyelikeart missing.. (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23442&perpage=25&pagenumber=1) thread..

shadowfax
May 22, 2003, 10:33 PM
I vote for myself. I have a great thread going, I try and actively participate on the board, and constructively post in threads where I can make the thread better.

tazo really? thanks for telling me, i would never have noticed :p

tazo
May 22, 2003, 10:34 PM
:(

Sun Baked
May 22, 2003, 10:36 PM
Sorry I cannot vote for anyone, the only ones than stick in my craw are the ones that have been banned. :(

vniow
May 22, 2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Sun Baked
Sorry I cannot vote for anyone, the only ones than stick in my craw are the ones that have been banned. :(

Mmmm...that definately brings back memories.....

MrMacMan
May 22, 2003, 10:46 PM
really? thanks for telling me, i would never have noticed :p

That was cold... even with sarcasm that is still cold...
:(

I agree.

applemacdude
May 22, 2003, 10:53 PM
That was cold... even with sarcasm that is still cold...

I agree.

me too:(

BaghdadBob
May 22, 2003, 10:55 PM
OK, since tazo's all busy voting for eirself, I'm going to vote for me. I start boring threads that no one reads, spout off on subjects and then say "I really don't know what the hell I'm talking about," and I've only been censored three or four times (=boring. Totally.).

And I told MacBandit that I love him. Purely as a gamer, of course :)

Havn't seen him around as much since I told him how I feel about him though :(

Do you think he loves me too? :confused:

tazo
May 22, 2003, 10:59 PM
Baghdadbob,

did you just call me a girl?

eirself? a typo for herself?

:mad: :p :) :D

evoluzione
May 22, 2003, 11:08 PM
bah, not one nomination, and i even bought a mug (that's out of date AND has a spelling mistake ;) :D )

I'm just waiting to see what tazo's 'tar is gonna be tomorrow.........

tazo
May 22, 2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by evoluzione
bah, not one nomination, and i even bought a mug (that's out of date AND has a spelling mistake ;) :D )

Another bit of sarcasm? :) I have yet to decide on one though.

applemacdude
May 22, 2003, 11:39 PM
damn tazo has been here less than 4 months and hes gonna get a damn tar. ive been here...waht 2 YEARS AND2 MONTHS

shadowfax
May 23, 2003, 12:24 AM
:( don't take it personally--it was a joke dude, the sarcastic remark you should have expected after making a comment like "i am a good poster." ;)

i can't believe i still average more posts per day than you, hah. of course, you can increase your dP/dt much faster than me...

trebblekicked
May 23, 2003, 01:13 AM

F- that. didn't you start the Liverpool FC thread? if so, cheers mate. i vote for you.

vniow- i forgot all about the eyelikeart missing thread. that was good stuff. the other april fool's day thread (medea's breakup) was pretty good too

Doctor Q
May 23, 2003, 01:23 AM
One of the best threads was the one where forum members helped catch the crook who took people's money for computers he never shipped. You know, the one that made all the newspapers? Someone please help me out and post a link to that thread.

MacBandit
May 23, 2003, 01:26 AM

I would nominate your for something but you are neither a new member nor a teen one. Sorry.

Besides any contest open to you would be open to me and that would mean only one thing. Die sucka!!! Unless of course the contest were for the least posts in a certain time frame.:rolleyes: :D

BaghdadBob
May 23, 2003, 01:50 AM
Baghdadbob,

did you just call me a girl?

eirself? a typo for herself?

:mad: :p :) :D
Read Neuromancer. At least, that's where I think that reference came from...:confused: Only been like ten years since I read it......

It is without gender -- gender unknown, not eunuch ;)

'WAYZ, I've gotta put this thing in a box now. :(

See you guys in a week or so!

chewbaccapits
May 23, 2003, 03:23 AM
damn tazo has been here less than 4 months and hes gonna get a damn tar. ive been here...waht 2 YEARS AND2 MONTHS

Man...Me too...I suck. I should buy a freaken mug...This is sad!

MacFan25
May 23, 2003, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by chewbaccapits
Man...Me too...I suck. I should buy a freaken mug...This is sad!
Yes, but buying a mug wont get you an avatar. It will make you a macrumors demi-god, but you still have to wait until 500 posts for an avatar, unless you win an avatar contest. :)

So...5 pages, and still no official best new member. This may take a while ;) :D

tazo
May 23, 2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by MacFan25
Yes, but buying a mug wont get you an avatar. It will make you a macrumors demi-god, but you still have to wait until 500 posts for an avatar, unless you win an avatar contest. :)

So...5 pages, and still no official best new member. This may take a while ;) :D
I am saving up to buy the mug :) 7 dollars to go

wdlove
May 23, 2003, 10:55 AM
I am saving up to buy the mug :) 7 dollars to go

So how long do you estimate that it will take you to buy the mug? Patience and taking it one step at a time and you will reach your goal in no time! ;)

evoluzione
May 23, 2003, 10:58 AM
F- that. didn't you start the Liverpool FC thread? if so, cheers mate. i vote for you.

yep, that be me :D cheers fella

MacBandit ... bring it ohhhhn punk ;)

tazo
May 23, 2003, 12:05 PM
So how long do you estimate that it will take you to buy the mug? Patience and taking it one step at a time and you will reach your goal in no time! ;)
probably about a week or so. Yeah I want to have that avatar, and the demigod status. :) I hope that doesnt sound too shallow :p

applemacdude
May 23, 2003, 12:20 PM
but who are the judges....

pivo6
May 23, 2003, 01:05 PM
Yeah I want to have that avatar, and the demigod status. :) I hope that doesnt sound too shallow :p

No, that just makes you part of the majority of members here. :)

vniow
May 23, 2003, 01:05 PM
One of the best threads was the one where forum members helped catch the crook who took people's money for computers he never shipped. You know, the one that made all the newspapers? Someone please help me out and post a link to that thread.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15077

MacBandit
May 23, 2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by pivo6
No, that just makes you part of the majority of members here. :)

Actually there are very few contributors/demi-gods. There are quite a few people with tars but it too is a very small portion of all the registered members.

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by MacBandit
Actually there are very few contributors/demi-gods. There are quite a few people with tars but it too is a very small portion of all the registered members.

i think he meant the majority WANT such status

though i'm not sure why. ;)

Doctor Q
May 23, 2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by vniow
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15077 Thanks, vniow, that's the thread. It was named Please help! Fraud victim and was from member keltorsori.

If our contest is for members who joined in the last 12 months, I nominate keltorsori for best new member, because of the satisfaction and good publicity he brought to the site.

On the other hand, if we're only talking about members who joined in 2003, then I nominate yourstruly for best new member of the year. No, I don't mean that I nominate myself - "yourstruly" is the member's name.

He/she qualifies because he/she registered this year (today, as a matter of fact).

No spam, no off-topic posts, no personal attacks, no flames, no bad jokes, no controversial avatar, nothing offensive in his/her profile (http://forums.macrumors.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=17113). Not a single uninteresting, nonentertaining, unreasonable, ill-thought-out, or unimportant post, ever!

What more could you ask from a member?

MacBandit
May 23, 2003, 03:57 PM
Thanks, vniow, that's the thread. It was named Please help! Fraud victim and was from member keltorsori.

If our contest is for members who joined in the last 12 months, I nominate keltorsori for best new member, because of the satisfaction and good publicity he brought to the site.

On the other hand, if we're only talking about members who joined in 2003, then I nominate yourstruly for best new member of the year. No, I don't mean that I nominate myself - "yourstruly" is the member's name.

He/she qualifies because he/she registered this year (today, as a matter of fact).

No spam, no off-topic posts, no personal attacks, no flames, no bad jokes, no controversial avatar, nothing offensive in his/her profile (http://forums.macrumors.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=17113). Not a single uninteresting, nonentertaining, unreasonable, ill-thought-out, or unimportant post, ever!

What more could you ask from a member?

What more could you ask? Well personally you said it all. They didn't do anything to make themselves stand out from the crowd. What's wrong with living on the edge once and a while what's wrong with thinking differently? I personally like the crazy ones.

I'm an Apple ad, wrapped in and inigma, in a riddle, hidden in the dark recesses of the unused portoin of the human mind. ;)

wdlove
May 23, 2003, 04:25 PM
probably about a week or so. Yeah I want to have that avatar, and the demigod status. :) I hope that doesnt sound too shallow :p

With 479 posts at present and your 10/day posting, you will reach the goal of an avatar by Monday! ;) I think that it is good to have a goal and to work diligently toward that goal. Just sounds like you have good self esteem!

janey
May 24, 2003, 06:44 PM
That thread was started by a (relative) newbie, registered in December 2002. übergeek.
you mean spammer, troublemaker, bitch, loser, moron, geek and person with 500+ posts in the wasteland :p

ibookin'
May 24, 2003, 06:48 PM
you mean spammer, troublemaker, bitch, loser, moron, geek and person with 500+ posts in the wasteland :p

Hey, you're not a moron. ;)

Doctor Q
May 24, 2003, 06:54 PM
you mean spammer, troublemaker, bitch, loser, moron, geek and person with 500+ posts in the wastelandI read somewhere that she is also skinny and pale with bad eyesight and is a freak of nature and a social outcast. Personally, I don't believe it. It's hard to stay skinny after all that spam! ;)

job
May 24, 2003, 06:57 PM
heh.

with all these thread cross refrences, forum inside jokes, and member voting, this thread should be moved to the old skool forum. ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by job
heh.

with all these thread cross refrences, forum inside jokes, and member voting, this thread should be moved to the old skool forum. ;)

if this thread keeps spiraling in its current direction, its not going anywhere but the wasteland.....:D

D

tazo
May 24, 2003, 07:04 PM
With 479 posts at present and your 10/day posting, you will reach the goal of an avatar by Monday! ;) I think that it is good to have a goal and to work diligently toward that goal. Just sounds like you have good self esteem!

Got the 'tar yesterday, and I now need 13 dollars, I have 23 saved up.

wdlove
I read somewhere that she is also skinny and pale with bad eyesight and is a freak of nature and a social outcast. Personally, I don't believe it. It's hard to stay skinny after all that spam! ;)

vinow is still the spam queen! I nominate übergeek to be our new spam princess! ;)

How much time dpo you give this thread Mr. Anderson?

ibookin'
if this thread keeps spiraling in its current direction, its not going anywhere but the wasteland.....:D

D

And I'm sure that post was very constructive.

:p

job
May 24, 2003, 07:05 PM

D

a lot of these newer, longer threads always seem to end up there for one reason or another. ;)

vniow
May 24, 2003, 07:06 PM

You're like my kid sister!

wdlove
May 24, 2003, 07:07 PM
From my experience no thread can go on for ever! It's after all up to the mods! ;)

ibookin'
May 24, 2003, 07:09 PM
From my experience no thread can go on for ever! It's after all up to the mods! ;)

actually the geek thread would've gone on for a while had it stayed active.

but you're right, no thread can go on forever.

tazo
May 24, 2003, 07:11 PM
wdlove,

the "worst question a pc user has asked you" thread will live for ever. thats just common sense :D

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2003, 07:20 PM
And I'm sure that post was very constructive.

:p

Best not to start messing with mods - from a regular member that would be spam - from a mod that exact same post is a warning :D

Have a wonderful day

D

janey
May 24, 2003, 08:46 PM
(i promise that this will be my last off-topic post in this thread mr. anderson :) )

spam princess?!
oh no :eek:
i can't be the spam princess! i think that...uhh...maybe shadowfax should be the macrumors spam princess oh wait he's a guy...hmmm...

MrMacMan
May 24, 2003, 09:00 PM
actually the geek thread would've gone on for a while had it stayed active.

but you're right, no thread can go on forever.

haha, does anyone remember the triple post every image "Funny Pictures Thread!!! (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?threadid=14331&highlight=Funny+pictures) "

Woo, best thread ever!

janey
May 24, 2003, 09:05 PM
haha, does anyone remember the triple post every image "Funny Pictures Thread!!! (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?threadid=14331&highlight=Funny+pictures) "

Woo, best thread ever!
that thread wasn't funny :rolleyes:

shadowfax
May 24, 2003, 09:05 PM
(i promise that this will be my last off-topic post in this thread mr. anderson :) )

spam princess?!
oh no :eek:
i can't be the spam princess! i think that...uhh...maybe shadowfax should be the macrumors spam princess oh wait he's a guy...hmmm... er, what? i haven't spammed since that thread, lol. except this post, that is. :p :D

Doctor Q
May 24, 2003, 10:37 PM
that thread wasn't funny :rolleyes: I thought it was a very entertaining thread (for anybody with enough bandwidth to cope, that is). It went 30 or 40 pages before the duplicates started to build up to an intolerable level.

job
May 24, 2003, 10:47 PM
I guess no one remembers the ol' alien thread except maybe me, krossfyter, alpha, king cobra and megaquad. :D

those were good times.

wasteland, wasteland....i see the end of this thread fast approaching...

shadowfax
May 24, 2003, 10:50 PM
you know, so many of these are only truly doomed when you revert to talking about how they are probably doomed. just a thought (which is, doubtless, why this thread is going to hell)

Sun Baked
May 25, 2003, 12:08 AM
:confused:

Can somebody please point me to the page that contains the last "on topic" post, I'm having trouble finding it.

MrMacMan
May 25, 2003, 12:38 AM
I nominate the next person who hasn't been here for the past year 2002.

There, happy Sun Baked? :p

Doctor Q
May 25, 2003, 01:24 AM
Let's pick a time, like midnight Pacific time Sunday night (about 24 hours from now) and declare the first new member to register after that time to be the Best new member of the year. As soon as you see "Welcome to our newest member, whomever", you can congratulate whomever for winning. It'll be like when the millionth customer at Wal-Mart wins a prize as he/she walks in the door!

Of course, any one of us could cheat by registering as a new member, thereby winning the valuable grand prize (a broken MacRumors mug), but think of the good side: We wouldn't need this thread any more!

vniow
May 25, 2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by job
I guess no one remembers the ol' alien thread except maybe me, krossfyter, alpha, king cobra and megaquad. :D

those were good times.

Hell yeah, I was bored one day, read through the whole thing and brought it back after a few weeks of stagnation, here's (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6808) the link if anyone's intrested..

shadowfax
May 25, 2003, 01:50 AM
Let's pick a time, like midnight Pacific time Sunday night (about 24 hours from now) and declare the first new member to register after that time to be the Best new member of the year. As soon as you see "Welcome to our newest member, whomever", you can congratulate whomever for winning. It'll be like when the millionth customer at Wal-Mart wins a prize as he/she walks in the door!

Of course, any one of us could cheat by registering as a new member, thereby winning the valuable grand prize (a broken MacRumors mug), but think of the good side: We wouldn't need this thread any more! you know, that would be a great contest prize--demigod/dess status to the winner for a year plus a broken mug. hah.

trebblekicked
May 25, 2003, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by vniow
Hell yeah, I was bored one day, read through the whole thing and brought it back after a few weeks of stagnation, here's (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6808) the link if anyone's intrested..

damn,

thats a classic. i can't believe i just read that (i couldn't go the distance, though. just up to page 10 and then the last two pages). you know a thread's good when there are only two people involved sans avatar;) my favorite part: the apple pda rumor making it's way into the coversation. i got a feeling we'll still be bringing that one up two years from now...

shadowfax
May 25, 2003, 02:08 AM
damn,

thats a classic. i can't believe i just read that (i couldn't go the distance, though. just up to page 10 and then the last two pages). you know a thread's good when there are only two people involved sans avatar;) my favorite part: the apple pda rumor making it's way into the coversation. i got a feeling we'll still be bringing that one up two years from now... i don't think all those folks had 'tars when they posted on that thread. i know megaquad didn't. or big, lol, as he pointed out in his second post there.

trebblekicked
May 25, 2003, 12:14 PM
i don't think all those folks had 'tars when they posted on that thread. i know megaquad didn't. or big, lol, as he pointed out in his second post there.

i know...just meant that the people who kept it going stuck around long enough to get 'tars. hell, "job" didin't get his 'tar till last month.

speaking of which, is it"Job" as in "god tested job" or "job" as in "i hate my job"? just wondering...

shadowfax
May 25, 2003, 01:47 PM
job's had a 'tar since before i can remember, when he was "hitman." he had this cool silhouette of a guy with a rifle or something.

janey
May 25, 2003, 02:05 PM
(i couldn't go the distance, though. just up to page 10 and then the last two pages).
you think that 27 page thread was long...
how about a 92 page thread full of spam (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20569) hehe
it's prolly still the longest thread in macrumors history :p

tazo
May 25, 2003, 02:09 PM
you think that 27 page thread was long...
how about a 92 page thread full of spam (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20569) hehe
it's prolly still the longest thread in macrumors history :p

I know that the 'worst question a pc user has asked you' is in the top 5 for replies and page views. :) almost 400 replies and well over 11,000 views

janey
May 25, 2003, 02:13 PM
I know that the 'worst question a pc user has asked you' is in the top 5 for replies and page views. :) almost 400 replies and well over 11,000 views
i believe my thread has approximately 2288 replies.

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2003, 02:14 PM

it's saying something that that thread has far fewer replies, but more views.

rainman::|:|
May 25, 2003, 02:36 PM

for the record, postcount means nothing-- it's post content that matters. trust me on this one. and your post content is generally far superior to his. and you don't post just to increase your post count :)

you could always buy a membership and get a tar... no matter what your postcount... i say you'd be a welcome addition to the demi-gods :)

pnw

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by paulwhannel
you could always buy a membership and get a tar... no matter what your postcount... i say you'd be a welcome addition to the demi-gods :)

demi-godness does not include an avatar.

Sun Baked
May 25, 2003, 03:19 PM
i believe my thread has approximately 2288 replies. Ok... but does it compare it brain bending complexity to...

... the Perpetual Future Apple CPU thread. (was: TGB says GPuL is on!) (http://arstechnica.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=8300945231&m=3470943335) over at Mac Achaia, it's about 3167 replies and 212236 views.

It's not only the views and the replies that's stunning it's content makes most of the other threads talked about here seem like spam. ;)

It's amazing the number of people who really contributed to that thread who were basically newbies and/or still wouldn't qualify for avatar status here... and I don't see them whining about their member status. ;)

Doctor Q
May 25, 2003, 05:12 PM
for the record, postcount means nothing-- it's post content that matters. trust me on this one.If you spam long enough, will you eventually say something profound, like the monkeys with typewriters who will eventually write all of Shakespeare's works?

Mr. Anderson
May 25, 2003, 05:31 PM
If you spam long enough, will you eventually say something profound, like the monkeys with typewriters who will eventually write all of Shakespeare's works?

Nah, usually you end up saying something very stupid or foolish and get banned....;)

rainman::|:|
May 25, 2003, 05:57 PM
demi-godness does not include an avatar.

really? wow... i always thought it did. i was just over 500 when i bought in anyway...

pnw

tazo
May 25, 2003, 07:42 PM
for the record, postcount means nothing-- it's post content that matters. trust me on this one. and your post content is generally far superior to his. and you don't post just to increase your post count :)

You owe me an apology. That was extremely mean. I do not spam and am offended by the very insinuation of such. "...generally far superior.....increase post count..." Show me a thread where I have spammed, made no contribution to a thread, posted simply a 'yah' answer to a discussion question. You owe me an apology Paul.

-tazo

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2003, 11:23 PM
tazo- stop whining... thin skin won't last here. ;)

shadowfax
May 25, 2003, 11:23 PM
heck I have like 50 posts over you. :-0 :rolleyes:
mrmacman? ;)

job
May 25, 2003, 11:25 PM
You owe me an apology. That was extremely mean. I do not spam and am offended by the very insinuation of such. "...generally far superior.....increase post count..." Show me a thread where I have spammed, made no contribution to a thread, posted simply a 'yah' answer to a discussion question. You owe me an apology Paul.

-tazo

And a request for an online apology for an offhand comment from a person you've never really met isn't spam? :)

Don't be that sensitive man.

[edit: we've all spammed. most of us more than once. it took me 2 seconds to find this nice little post (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=360082#post360082). admit it, you've spammed before. ;) :p]

trebblekicked
May 25, 2003, 11:42 PM
job's had a 'tar since before i can remember, when he was "hitman." he had this cool silhouette of a guy with a rifle or something.

ok now this makes more sense...i thought he was someone else...

über: i gave the geek thread much props. it headed the list of nominees when i brought up the thread of the year thing. when i joined MR, that thread was already imense, and since i missed the incarnation, i just lurked. my favorite part would be whenever the mods would wasteland it, and the next day there would be a petition thread up with 30 replies in two hours. i seriously thought the thread would never die.

tazo: chill out. that wasn't extremely mean. if you want to see extremely mean, check out the threads that got shrek banned, or the ones that caused the political forums to be shut down.

on topic: i nominate Rufus T Firefly (http://forums.macrumors.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=16948) for new member of the year. Or at least best newbie name.

applemacdude
May 25, 2003, 11:57 PM
damn im gone two days and tazo has a 'tar

i want a tar

applemacdude
May 26, 2003, 12:01 AM
mods-please shut this thread up, its gettin out off hand....shut it down dont trash it:)

tazo
May 26, 2003, 12:02 AM
edit: I don't know why i posted it.

job
May 26, 2003, 12:02 AM
speaking of which, is it"Job" as in "god tested job" or "job" as in "i hate my job"? just wondering...

I got my 'tar last year. Around August. :)

Oh, and it's "job" as in "God tested Job." ;)

applemacdude
May 26, 2003, 12:21 AM
back to the original topic. tazo i hereby announce that you are the new best member of the year...not because of your post count but because of your content....runner up:?

tazo
May 26, 2003, 12:30 AM
back to the original topic. tazo i hereby announce that you are the new best member of the year...not because of your post count but because of your content....runner up:?

thanks.

applemacdude
May 26, 2003, 12:35 AM
thanks.

u should put that in your signature....

tazo
May 26, 2003, 12:44 AM
u should put that in your signature....

what the word thanks or your opinion of 'best member'? its getting late, I have a headache, explain away! :D

applemacdude
May 26, 2003, 12:47 AM
put official best new member of the year from 1/1/03-5/1/03 or something like that

MacFan25
May 26, 2003, 10:02 AM
Congrats, tazo! Now, maybe this thread can get wasted. ;) :D

wdlove
May 26, 2003, 10:26 AM
We should get to vote on the nomination of tazo before it's official!

Sun Baked
May 26, 2003, 06:05 PM
How about sanfelipe?

sanfelipe's been keeping all damage inside the Political Wasteland, so if you never visit there -- you don't know if the person is a good member, spam monkey, or troll.

In other words, the perfect active member, because sanfelipe hasn't bothered the majority of the members by posting outside the political forum... ;)

But if he happens to be driving the political forum fans crazy, even better. :p

Rower_CPU
May 26, 2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Sun Baked
How about sanfelipe?

sanfelipe's been keeping all damage inside the Political Wasteland, so if you never visit there -- you don't know if the person is a good member, spam monkey, or troll.

In other words, the perfect active member, because sanfelipe hasn't bothered the majority of the members by posting outside the political forum... ;)

But if he happens to be driving the political forum fans crazy, even better. :p

Since his account has been deactivated, I don't think he's eligible...unless you make a special category for people who joined and were banned this year. ;)

Sun Baked
May 26, 2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Since his account has been deactivated, I don't think he's eligible...unless you make a special category for people who joined and were banned this year. ;) That would be a rather long list. :(

Though a few of those were rather colorful. :p

But "City of Glass" would be hard to beat for sheer number of Wastelanded thread contributions that got by the mods before both of his accounts were deactivated. (If you don't count the geek thread newbies.)

MrMacMan
May 26, 2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Since his account has been deactivated, I don't think he's eligible...unless you make a special category for people who joined and were banned this year. ;)

drat!

tazo
May 26, 2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by MacFan25
Congrats, tazo! Now, maybe this thread can get wasted. ;) :D

lol. this is great to come home to reading :P estoy serio! :)

BaghdadBob
May 30, 2003, 04:22 PM
Was this the contest for whiniest new member of the year? Congratulations to the victorious!

scem0
May 30, 2003, 04:45 PM
I'm a winner no matter what y'all think. :) :cool: :)

shadowfax
May 30, 2003, 04:57 PM
I'm a winner no matter what y'all think. :) :cool: :) everyone is a winner. "of what?" is another question entirely. your post right behind that particular post is ironic--or maybe true? :p

wdlove
May 30, 2003, 05:11 PM
I'm a winner no matter what y'all think. :) :cool: :)

I think that you are a winner too. You are an intelligent young man, referring to your post referring to you grade of 82 in honors Geometry! ;)

applemacdude
May 30, 2003, 07:15 PM
arn,eye,rower,mr.anderson plaease shut it down:)

scem0
May 30, 2003, 08:33 PM
arn,eye,rower,mr.anderson plaease shut it down:)

why do you want it shut down so bad?

I'm just wondering, I'm not mad or anything.

wdlove
May 30, 2003, 08:41 PM
why do you want it shut down so bad?

I'm just wondering, I'm not mad or anything.

Maybe he thinks we are having too much fun, scem0. If you don't mind a slight point of correction scemo, hope it's just that you are not angry? It's just an old reference to the term "mad." ;)

shadowfax
May 30, 2003, 09:18 PM
arn,eye,rower,mr.anderson plaease shut it down:) not to take scem0's side, but this is where you go and click the "report post to mod" and ask this question. you don't post it here. the mods will never look at a stupid thread like this unless it gets reported. if you want this thing closed, do it the smart way.

applemacdude
May 30, 2003, 09:41 PM
ohhh...thanks:)

Mr. Anderson
May 30, 2003, 09:51 PM
not to take scem0's side, but this is where you go and click the "report post to mod" and ask this question. you don't post it here. the mods will never look at a stupid thread like this unless it gets reported. if you want this thing closed, do it the smart way.

actually I looked :D

I noticed someone had ressurected this thread earlier and was going to see if it gained any more post. Big surprise, eh.

Good night.

D