PDA

View Full Version : Getting Track names etc

JDN
Feb 1, 2007, 11:12 AM
I ripped a load of music to my MBP, then transfered it to my EHD and them re-installed OSX. For some strange reason, when i loaded all my music back into iTunes some of it was missing info, usually track names. Only some albums were affected. A few albums lost artist and album names as well. Is there anyway to get track info once the music is on the Mac, without signing up to iTunes?

janitorC7
Feb 1, 2007, 11:13 AM
I ripped a load of music to my MBP, then transfered it to my EHD and them re-installed OSX. For some strange reason, when i loaded all my music back into iTunes some of it was missing info, usually track names. Only some albums were affected. A few albums lost artist and album names as well. Is there anyway to get track info once the music is on the Mac, without signing up to iTunes?'

Menu > Advanced > get track names.

That should do it

balamw
Feb 1, 2007, 12:49 PM
'

Menu > Advanced > get track names.

That should do it

As long as they were ripped in iTunes, that should work.

Are they MP3 or M4A/AAC files?

B

JDN
Feb 1, 2007, 01:45 PM
MP3 and for some of them its the artist/album missing not just the song title.

balamw
Feb 1, 2007, 02:30 PM
MP3 and for some of them its the artist/album missing not just the song title.
Were they ripped in iTunes or not? The iTunes approach above relies on the CDID being recorded as a tag in the files. If it isn't there, it won't work.

You might need something like iEatBrainz: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEatBrainz

B

JDN
Feb 1, 2007, 02:32 PM
Thank you, looks like just what i need!