PDA

View Full Version : Jay Leno AppleMusic.com spoof

iAdam
May 22, 2003, 10:47 PM
Did anyone see the spoof of the AppleMusic.com commorcial with Osama Bin Ladin on Jay Leno?

Tequila Grandma
May 22, 2003, 10:57 PM
I sure didn't -- sounds like an amusing concept, but considering it was on the Leno show, I can only assume it was very poorly executed, and I am therefore not all too disappointed I missed this.

Arigato,
Brook

tazo
May 22, 2003, 11:04 PM
that is exactly why I neglect to watch either letterman or leno, and skip right on to Conan obrien. :D the only guy on tv who every night makes me LOL.

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by tazo
that is exactly why I neglect to watch either letterman or leno, and skip right on to Conan obrien. :D the only guy on tv who every night makes me LOL.

you still haven't learned eh? ;)

yeah, i think conan is tops, with kilborn in a distant second... but he's better than the old guys for sure... he's at least doing something different, kinda like conan. conan is by far superior... seeing it live occasionally is quite fun as well.

Tequila Grandma
May 22, 2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
yeah, i think conan is tops, with kilborn in a distant second... but he's better than the old guys for sure... he's at least doing something different, kinda like conan. conan is by far superior... seeing it live occasionally is quite fun as well.
I don't really watch TV a lot (well, not since we got our cable cut off), so I haven't seen Kilborn's new show. I remember him hosting "The Daily Show", and thought he was great there. When they first brought in Jon Stewart I was so disappointed Kilborn was leaving, but Jon proved to be adequate, even if he is one of the most talentless on the show. Mo Rocca is by far the best :D

Arigato,
Brook

tazo
May 22, 2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
you still haven't learned eh? ;)

i get that the frequent usage of what what appears to be my favorite acronym :) Yeah too bad he is on the east coast, I would love to see him live :( I like all his impressions, and those segments in which he narrarates a ton of pictures :)

"And then joe...."
"And then I..."
Anywho those are the best :)

taZo

rainman::|:|
May 23, 2003, 12:17 AM
can't stand leno, can't stand kilborne. don't really care about conan one way or other. i'm a david man all the way :)

guy has a sense of humor a lot like mine-- i'll just assume it's been toned down signifigantly for tv...

:)
pnw

mac15
May 23, 2003, 12:22 AM
I love leno, bring s asmile to my face everynight! I'll watch it tonight to see it

trebblekicked
May 23, 2003, 01:23 AM
i hate leno. nbc should do right by people and move conan up to 11:30 (and bring back andy, of course).

remember when leno and katie couric switched places? USA today did a review, and it had a few less than kind things to say about leno. I'll try to find the story...

LINK (http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2003-05-13-katie-jay_x.htm)

bwawn
May 23, 2003, 02:19 AM
Leno is painful to watch. That's really all I have to say about him. I would say his show is "laughable" but that might give the wrong idea.

Letterman is a genius. That guy is a lot like Christopher Walken: he can say anything and be hilarious.

I just wish Conan followed Letterman on the same station. It's such a pain to have to switch two channels down, from CBS to NBC, at 12:30.