PDA

View Full Version : Who Has Modded Their XBox

iJon
May 22, 2003, 11:44 PM
Now to start off I would prefer to not have responses like "XBox sucks, down with microsoft" or stuff like that. I just want to get some info.

I am looking into modding my XBox and I would like to know as much info as I can from someone personally who has done it, not being redirected to a site. I have been doing some research and the MartiX mod chip seems like a good choice, no soldering, which the less is better because it's just quicker. Basically what I plan on doing is installing a 80+ gigagbyte hard drive in there and load all my games in there. I dont really want to put linux on there but I may in the future and put a screen and an xbox in my car depending if keep my acura or get my mom's roadster next year. any info will help me, i just want to do my research before i decide.

iJon

Kwyjibo
May 23, 2003, 04:15 PM
Links
xbox-scene.com
extreme-mods.com

I have an xecutor 2 lite (x2lite) it required a little soldering but it was worth it because the no solder chips can fall out of place very easily. All the information about xbox modding is on xbox-scene they have great tutorials. Installing the chip is easy if u have a friend whos good at soldering. The hard drive change is as easy as any pc.. and the software is tricky at first but once you get the hang of it youll do fine. I suggest going with an xecutor chip because they are regarded as the best and the are comaptible with everything and are slightly expandable. Check out the link they even have forums with lots of newbies asking all of the questions youll have.

edesignuk
May 23, 2003, 04:19 PM
Yeah, first thing I did. Got me an X-Ecutor 2 Lite....for...erm...playing multi-region DVD...yeah that's it...

...what's that you say? Copied games? Me? No...never ;) :D

Edit: BTW, therad from a while back on the same topic - Have you chipped your console? (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24056)

beez7777
May 23, 2003, 04:40 PM
i have mine modded with a no-solder matrix chip. i threw in a 120 gig hd (holds about 60 games), and backed up my games and a few of my friends'. ;) . anyway, it seems you are in the same position i was in a while ago. xbox-scene.com is probably the best source for everything you need to know. if you have any specific questions or need help, you can IM me, i'd be glad to help. my AIM account is BaseballFreak77. modding is a little frustrating, but in the end it really pays off not having to lug your games around if you wanna go to a friends house, and you dont have to keep putting games in and out of the console to play them.

Freg3000
May 23, 2003, 05:06 PM
I have a friend who modded his XBOX very soon after he got his. He upgraded the HDD to 120 GB too. I'll ask him what mod chip he used.