Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

semaja2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Adelaide
Is it worth buying a case for the latest iPod Nanos? i know the old nanos were very scratch however what is the current ones like?

I recently brought one and would prefer to not have a case but if i need one well ill get one ;)

semaja2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Adelaide
Also is it safe to leave the ipod plugged into the computer for days on end? or should i unplug it when not in use

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
My 10-year-old daughter has a second-generation nano. She treats just as any 10-year-old would (very rough), and 3 months later it still doesn't have a scratch on it.

Save your money, forget the case.

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
You might want to get some of that sticky film to help protect the display screen. The rest of it is quite scratch-resistant, and as it's flash memory-based, there's virtually no worry about shock damage.

Of course, your mileage may vary. If you're into skateboarding or some other sport where the nano may suddenly go skidding along concrete or asphalt, you might want to get one of those clear silicone skins.

As for your other question, I'd unplug it when it's finished recharging rather than leave it attached "for days on end", as you put it. If a power surge hits your computer, your nano would be safe, and with a little ingenuity you could restore at least part of your library from the nano (if the need arose).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.