Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

denis6902

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Alright that the case:

One of the pupils i work with with disabilities, asked me to put some music on her iPod nano, right?

I don't have an iPod, though i use iTunes as my default player since long time.

I connect the usb cable into the computer, and the new version of iTunes recognize the player though i get the following problem:
"Itunes has detected an iPod that appers to be corrupted. You may need to restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes. You may also try disconnecting and reconnecting iPod."

After that the ipod get RESTORED, and then the PC recognize the USB connection again, then i get the same message then before, that iTunes has detected a problem and i should restore or try a different USB port.

My usb ports are 2.0, i also tryed with a 1.0 usb port, and nothing worked.
Would be nice if someone could help me with that, otherwise she will get very upset indeed.

What can i do to help her? Is this a common problem with the iPod nano? is there another software which is necessary for the PC to recognize this connection appropriately? (I have the latest version of iTunes already).

PS - She does not have the CD's or manuals for it, and this iPod is brand new, though i think she forgot this installations cds and manuals somewhere she can't find.

Anyone expert with iPod to help "us" out?

PS - I use windows xp pro.

Thanks a lot for the attention!

take care!

Thats the SCREEN SHOOT! i get!

IPOD.jpg

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
iTunes forces you to restore the nano every time you try to connect?

What version of iTunes are you running?

denis6902

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
i am using the latest version of itunes.....

This player had like 4 songs already, and since i connected the player into mu pc, the itunes gives me this messages.....and the only tab i get is this summary TAB, nothing else.......

do i need an account in iTunes for that????

Has anyone experienced that?

ANOTHER SCREEN SHOOT!

ipod2.jpg

denis6902

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Its so bad, because i was trying to help, by trying to connect it to my pc, and therefore put some nice music for her, but i seems i will get in trouble now :(

If the player was working before why is it like that now????

Apart of iTunes, is there any other required sorftawe for this connection????

I read in the website from apple, a screen shoot of something called "ipod installer"

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Its so bad, because i was trying to help, by trying to connect it to my pc, and therefore put some nice music for her, but i seems i will get in trouble now :(

If the player was working before why is it like that now????

Apart of iTunes, is there any other required sorftawe for this connection????

I read in the website from apple, a screen shoot of something called "ipod installer"

When you hit 'restore' from within iTunes it should have downloaded the iPod Installer software. You should not need to download it separately if you are indeed running the latest version of iTunes (7.0.2)

denis6902

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
its not downloading anything, it only restores and restarts the player, but doesn't download anything, neither installs anything.

then after the player restarts i get to the beginning point again, understand?

with that first message saying that itunes has detected.....

ipod3.jpg

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
I don't know about iTunes for Windows, but in the Mac version it downloads the iPod Installer in the background before 'restoring'. It's just part of the process.

BTW, do you know if the nano was formatted for Mac or Windows before all of this started?

You might want to download the iPod installer from Apple.com and try running it separately from iTunes, just to see if that helps. At this point it really can't hurt anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.