PDA

View Full Version : Adgc

void
May 23, 2003, 06:48 PM
ADGC-What does it mean? It means Anti-Demi-God-Coalition. I for one, am sick of the demi-gods abusing their powers...The "Longest thread you can't post to " has pushed the limit. I am currently writing a detailed message to arn to keep these immature idiots under control. From now on, I will disobey the demi-gods in any and every way that I can, until these stupid uses of power stop. I further urge other non-demigod members to join the coalition and put this assinine abuse of power to an end.
-void, chairman of the ADGC

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2003, 06:53 PM
haha. good luck keeping this thread afloat.

but, i agree with you about that thread actually... i did my part to question it in the private forum... so, you're really aiming your unfounded anger at the wrong group... the issue should be with the moderators...

anyhoo

tazo
May 23, 2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by void
ADGC-What does it mean? It means Anti-Demi-God-Coalition. I for one, am sick of the demi-gods abusing their powers...The "Longest thread you can't post to " has pushed the limit. I am currently writing a detailed message to arn to keep these immature idiots under control. From now on, I will disobey the demi-gods in any and every way that I can, until these stupid uses of power stop. I further ure other non-demigod members to join the coalition and put this assinine abuse of power to an end.
-void, chairman of the ADGC

As the chairman of CAPTSC, pronounced CAP-TSK (Coalition Against People That Start Coalitions), I would be surprised to see this thread last very long. So you have a problem with the like what, four? moderators, on this site? Because as far as I know a demigod is just someone who has contributed to the website, donated, etc, bought a mug, and has no power like a regular member. Wow, I just realized that sounds very grim :p

anyway.

Whats the opposite of open? Thats what this thread is gonna be :)

tazo

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2003, 07:12 PM
oh, and as far as i understand it, the idea of that thread was discussed in the moderators' forum. which demi-gods don't have access to. therefore, i would assume they either got arn's consent, or he hasn't seen it yet.

believe it or not, he might be busy (hmm... doctors....)

also, i reread your post. it just makes you sound bitter and angry, without really thinking.

1. as tazo said, demigods have no power other than reading the private forum/submissions. and deleting our own posts.

2. i, a demigod, started a whole thread asking about the thing in the private forum, because i think it's dumb.

so, what else besides that thread has you irked? have the mods closed some of your threads or what? i'm very curious why you seem to think they are out to get the "regular" members.

void
May 23, 2003, 07:18 PM
Well I started a thread called the longest thread of all time, and it was immediately shut down. They start one, and it is still up! They also express very strong opinions, sometimes stronger than normal members, and they are free to do it! Shrek tried to do that and he was banned for it! They are out of control.
-void

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2003, 07:21 PM
Well I started a thread called the longest thread of all time, and it was immediately shut down. They start one, and it is still up! They also express very strong opinions, sometimes stronger than normal members, and they are free to do it! Shrek tried to do that and he was banned for it! They are out of control.
-void

have you read their thread? the point of it was to show that people don't like spamming, so don't do it... i agree, it was not the way to do it, but that was their point. i'd be surprised if you saw very many more (if any) posts going into that thread.

your thread was just for spam. they've shut down all threads like that, as they should.

also, what very strong opinions have they shown that get other people banned? i haven't seen this at all. all except rower pretty much stay out of the political forums, so i'm not sure what else you could even refer to.

shrek spammed and attacked others, including arn... it's that simple.

tazo
May 23, 2003, 07:21 PM
-void

I have experienced what you are saying first hand, umm it is basically the sterotypes thread if you want to go look. anyway. I hear you, but in life there will always be someone with *more* of an opinion, even online. Take it with a grain of salt and just try and be a member of this site in good standing.

I hope that helps.

-tazo

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by tazo
I have experienced what you are saying first hand, umm it is basically the sterotypes thread if you want to go look. anyway. I hear you, but in life there will always be someone with *more* of an opinion, even online. Take it with a grain of salt and just try and be a member of this site in good standing.

I hope that helps.

-tazo

hey, even i think rower was a bit off on that one. but as i said, it was miscommunication, as most trouble on here is... and i don't think he did anything more outrageous than any other members... no?

you're allowed to have opinions, even very controversial ones... and as long as they're legal (ha), you can state them... respectfully... it's when you start attacking others that it becomes an issue... or mindless spamming of course.

tazo
May 23, 2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
hey, even i think rower was a bit off on that one. but as i said, it was miscommunication, as most trouble on here is... and i don't think he did anything more outrageous than any other members... no?

you're allowed to have opinions, even very controversial ones... and as long as they're legal (ha), you can state them... respectfully... it's when you start attacking others that it becomes an issue... or mindless spamming of course.

Very true JSR, and I have since apologized to Rower :o And yes that was a great deal of miscommunication. I would also agree that nothing truly 'wrong' per se was done.

Void, you have the right here to have an opinion, but just like with the U.S constitution, it guarantees you rights, but not the right to infringe on anyone else's.

tazo

Sun Baked
May 23, 2003, 07:29 PM
You got it wrong, the demi-gods aren't the problem...

It's the moderators going psycho and acting like spam monkeys.

There's no hope in MacRumors Land when the moderators go whacko, like Jacko.

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Sun Baked
You got it wrong, the demi-gods aren't the problem...

It's the moderators going psycho and acting like spam monkeys.

There's no hope in MacRumors Land when the moderators go whacko, like Jacko.

you're partially right... and while, once again, i don't agree with the method used, they had a reason. here is the post from that thread that explains it

originally posted by Mr. Anderson

There is a purpose
So with only a few posts, this thread has already been reported, discussed in more than one other thread, the topic of a few PM's to myself and emulated in another thread.

Why? Because its spam. No one likes it - yet for some reason we get tons all the time. So in an atempt to make a less than subtle point we started this thread. Its just a reminder to all.

Thank you and have a nice day....

eyelikeart
May 23, 2003, 07:34 PM
so I'd like to know just who the hell is sending me IM's...

calling me a ********** idiot for ********** up the boards?! :rolleyes:

u guys are acting like children...

we're trying to have fun while posting a useful message to teach a somewhat valuable lesson and all u can do is whine about us abusing our powers?

eyelikeart
May 23, 2003, 07:38 PM
on second thought...void...u do exactly what u say u are going to do...

see how quickly u get banned...

grow up

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
so I'd like to know just who the hell is sending me IM's...

calling me a ********** idiot for ********** up the boards?! :rolleyes:

u guys are acting like children...

we're trying to have fun while posting a useful message to teach a somewhat valuable lesson and all u can do is whine about us abusing our powers?

wow. that's pathetic.

it's one thing to have a problem with it and send a reasonable email/pm or whatever....

as for acting like children... void's 13? so i guess that could fit.. heh ;)

eyelikeart
May 23, 2003, 07:39 PM
as for acting like children... void's 13? so i guess that could fit.. heh ;)

tis true jello...tis true...

but this is ridiculous...

I'm not going to shutdown this thread...I want to let him shoot himself in the ass... ;)

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2003, 07:47 PM
was the instant message name "yourmomissaddam"?
that'd be too obvious i'd think.

tazo
May 23, 2003, 07:51 PM
I believe that this guy is giving all teenagers on the site, responsible teenagers who try and be good members, a bad name. It sucks to go into a store nowadays and be followed, trailed if you will, by a security guard or clerk because they believe we will steal at will if left unattended. As a teenager I am subject to much discrimination that is not even regarded as discrimination, it is hidden under the veil of "protecting profits'. Anyway that was my ten seconds on the soapbox.

Oh and also, this is 500, I thought I should make a decent effort to make the 500th a well thought out, emotional post.

-Tazo

Sun Baked
May 23, 2003, 07:56 PM
Somebody stop this horrid abuse of color...

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2003, 07:57 PM

haha.

tazo- i'm surprised you even put yourself in the same group as a 13 year old... after all, you're almost the big 1-6!

ha

eyelikeart
May 23, 2003, 07:59 PM
was the instant message name "yourmomissaddam"?
that'd be too obvious i'd think.

no...his/her handle is "vo1d970"

tazo
May 23, 2003, 08:00 PM
haha.

tazo- i'm surprised you even put yourself in the same group as a 13 year old... after all, you're almost the big 1-6!

ha

i lump myself in the group as the 'old enough not to be baied but still treated like one by everyone else.

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
no...his/her handle is "vo1d970"

ohhhh... that's less obvious. ;)

eyelikeart
May 23, 2003, 08:31 PM
ohhhh... that's less obvious. ;)

heh yeah...so either I'm WAY jumping the gun here...or...

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2003, 09:32 PM
There is no abuse of power - that would actually imply we are doing something wrong or causing something bad to happen.

Sure, the three of us could have used a more tactful and less blunt or even more mature approach to getting the point across, yet in the past that has never made all that much of an impression. When I first became a mod we would get a thread reported maybe once every two weeks. Now we get on average several a day. Its more work for us, it makes the forums messy, its best just to try and be a positive contributor to the site.

There's so much going on here, its a great community, try to enjoy it.

D

eyelikeart
May 23, 2003, 09:43 PM
well said Mr. Anderson... ;)

we're just trying to make it interesting...

tazo
May 23, 2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
There is no abuse of power - that would actually imply we are doing something wrong or causing something bad to happen.

Sure, the three of us could have used a more tactful and less blunt or even more mature approach to getting the point across, yet in the past that has never made all that much of an impression. When I first became a mod we would get a thread reported maybe once every two weeks. Now we get on average several a day. Its more work for us, it makes the forums messy, its best just to try and be a positive contributor to the site.

There's so much going on here, its a great community, try to enjoy it.

D

I totally agree with you. I have been to sites where the people in charge just stayed out of the way except in extreme cases. and ya know what, its just not fun, because often the most interesting people are the mods and admins.

-tazo

vniow
May 23, 2003, 10:53 PM

Please. they clash way too much.

void
May 23, 2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by vniow
Please. they clash way too much. Okay first of all... since when do royal blue and limegreen clash? And second of all, I agree I did flip out a little, so I'm sorry (yes i am vo1d970)...However, that thread was a little over the top eye...And back to you vniow, i like clashing colors! I have green shoes, blue jeans and a red shirt on right now...So clashing is good...and back to eye, you say I'm immature, you're the one with a poop fetish...Okay..lets just end this...I'm sorry, if you're sorry...
-void

void
May 23, 2003, 11:07 PM
Oh and also, I have been here longer than shrek, so I can't be shrek junior...

vniow
May 23, 2003, 11:15 PM
And back to you vniow, i like clashing colors!

If you say so, then whatever, but they're too bright and put a bit too much strain on the eyes when they're used in such a small text like that and they're too close together.

That is all.

Werd.

Edit: If it was regular blue and the font was bigger then maybe, like this:

blahblahblahblahblah...
-void

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2003, 11:29 PM
However, that thread was a little over the top eye...

That's your own opinion, and you're entitled to it. The way you handled it only made matters worse.

Next time before you go off on something, please take some time to think over what you're doing. We weren't singling you out on this one, you're not the only one who's tried to start a thread like that.

And just so you know, eyelikeart might have started the thread, but it was my idea and I asked him to start it. So you were a little more out of line going off on him than you realized at the time.

Next time try and play nice. :D

D

shadowfax
May 23, 2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by vniow
Edit: If it was regular blue and the font was bigger then maybe, like this:

blahblahblahblahblah...
-void you mean, crisper? it's the bold that really bothers me.

this thread bugs me. to respond to the apparent hypocrisy of the mods, you start attacking the demigods with a far more stupid "coalition" of one? i'm sorry, that is stupidity that's not justified by your age, void.

at least change your stupid coalition of one to "AMC"--that's anti-mod coalition.

but first, have a care. these mods deserve much more leeway than they took with that thread. you you have any idea how much work it is to mod these forums lately? i have seen way too much stupid crap. much like this thread, which belongs in the wasteland, as does this (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27660). I mean, geez. to respond to an admonition against spamming, you guys spam. sharp!

tazo
May 23, 2003, 11:37 PM
doesnt a coalition mean more than one force? :) i am just laughing to myself about this one.

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2003, 11:39 PM
doesnt a coalition mean more than one force? :) i am just laughing to myself about this one.

the kid makes a good point

then again, the "coalition of the willing"... ahh, not the place. ;)

tazo
May 23, 2003, 11:44 PM
am i the kid who made a good poitn? wishful thinking? :p

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2003, 11:44 PM
that would explain why i quoted you.....

shadowfax
May 23, 2003, 11:45 PM
doesnt a coalition mean more than one force? :) i am just laughing to myself about this one. damn, you just gave away my joke ;)
hey jello, what happened to that daniel day lewis 'tar? that was such a badass 'tar, it seemed to fit you so well...
i'm not trying to change the subject or anything... really...

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2003, 11:48 PM
Ok, well this thread is spent. I've deleted the original closed thread and its time to close this one.

As a lesson, well, this could have gone better. But I hope at least a few people came away better for this little bit of silliness. :D

D

eyelikeart
May 24, 2003, 08:57 AM
Okay..lets just end this...I'm sorry, if you're sorry...
-void

see...here's the thing...I don't have to apologize here...

It was all for fun, and u stepped WAY over the line by harrassing me through IM. U are lucky I don't ban u.