Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smueboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2006
Oz
I assume this is real, but i am not sure:

"From the class action 'Comes et al. v. Microsoft' suit, some very enlightening internal Microsoft emails are now made public. Emails to and from Bill Gates, Steve Ballmer, Jim Allchin, etc all make for some mind blowing reading. One of my favorites is from Jim Allchin to Bill Gates, entitled 'losing our way,' in which Allchin states 'I would buy a Mac today if I was not working at Microsoft.'"

So, did they find their way? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• PLEX_7264.jpg
    PLEX_7264.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 148

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Yes they are real. Part of a recent court case. It just proves what we all say about them copying Apple.

vincebio

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2005
Glasgow
these emails have been in public domain for a couple of weeks now....it makes Gates' comments last week about vista being innovative and macs have killer viruses a huge embarresment.

if you ask me, if it wasnt for the headway they made when apple was down, they would be no2 right now, no doubt, and its a shame that the business workd is so hung on windoz, otherwise we would be in a whole different world very soon..

but i have said this before and ill say it again, we dont want apple to be that huge....keep it tight, simple, keep it :apple:

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Windows has some amazing features which Apple lacks, and not only do they lack, but wouldn't be able to implement with their current UI. Windows could do some really amazing stuff so easily, but the problem is that they're too focused on "competing" with Apple, and pushing away Linux.

They need to stop competing, bulk up security, and truly embrace linux. Hell, they could keep the Vista kernel and make a new one built off of Linux if they really wanted to go from broke and turn the world on its head.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
if you ask me, if it wasnt for the headway they made when apple was down, they would be no2 right now, no doubt, and its a shame that the business workd is so hung on windoz, otherwise we would be in a whole different world very soon..

u honestly think closed sourced, hardware fixed Mac OS 6/7/8/9 can beat M$ windows 95/98/2k/XP in 90's and be #1 in market?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.