Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bidge

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
New Zealand
Well...

http://www.oqo.com/

this company, uses the designers of the Original TiBook and make their own extremely portable PC.

"In 2000, Jory Bell and Jonathan Betts-Lacroix along with other members of the team that developed the Apple Titanium Powerbook, set out to build a truly mobile personal computer. At WinHEC 2002, OQO unveiled the first prototype of its Ultra-Personal Computer demonstrating the PC form factor at its lightest and most versatile with integrated wireless. The first product will be available in the second half of 2003."

Only problem is it runs Windows XP....

jeff.macaddict

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2003
Washington
uhhhhhhh????????

It is too thick to be an apple product and is not safe for the typical user. I mean the design and the screen aren't practical for the everyday user. I do like how it is so compressed, but an Apple PDA would be thinner, lighter, and smarter than anything that runs windoze.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
i remember... when this was announced last year. no new news, no "iwalk". tho it is cool, i wish apple would come out with something similar. if the damn thing ran OS X, i'd buy at least one.

pnw

howard

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2002
why name something iwalk when you could name it "ewalk" hahahaha ...haha....ha....heh....*crickets*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.