Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blah2blah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2007
Hi, I have a mini 2nd gen that will not turn off unless it's connected to the computer. Once connected, it's fine. Once disconnected, it simply will not allow me ti turn it off. Any insight? Suggestions? Thank you

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
what is it? hold down play and the centre button for about 5 secs to reset the pod

try that - then hold down the play button to get it to turn off

blah2blah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2007
Thanks. That didn't work. Was I supposed to see anything on the screen when I pressed the play and center buttons together?

Tech Guy 07

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2006
Mini Power Off Problem

Hi, I have a mini 2nd gen that will not turn off unless it's connected to the computer. Once connected, it's fine. Once disconnected, it simply will not allow me ti turn it off. Any insight? Suggestions? Thank you

Have you tried selecting the "Sleep" option in the Main Menu? It's just below the Shuffle Songs/Backlight options. It should put the iPod to sleep right away.

Also holding the Play/Pause button for about 5 seconds should shut off the iPod. If it still doesn't power off, try going to the Main Menu...Settings... then scroll all the way to the bottom and select "Reset All Settings."

Let us know if it works or not.

Tech Guy 07

lozanoj83

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2006
Southern California
i concur with Tom, hold down the center and menu keys to restart...
once it restarts, see if itll go to sleep while holding the play button..
if not.. do a firmware reset...

blah2blah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2007
I changed Sleep from Off to On. No difference. Stayed on. Wide awake.
I reset all settings.
Pushed Play/Pause: Nada.
I have restored.

Thanks so far...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.