PDA

View Full Version : Woah. just got my new T610...

evoluzione
May 25, 2003, 10:10 AM
and it's amazing.

I always wanted to get a SonyEricsson T68i since I saw all the Apple staff at Macworld NYC last year using them. But this T610, well, it blows it away, and i reckon it's better than the P800 too, as it's fully supported by iSync and Bluetooth etc. They should rebadge this the AppleSonyEricsson or something :p

even got a quantum foam background haha :rolleyes:

now, does anyone know any good websites for (preferably free) polyphonic ringtones (or even just midi music as that's what it essentially is). Also for background graphics....

cheers guys! :D

cubist
May 25, 2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by evoluzione
... I always wanted to get a SonyEricsson T68i since I saw all the Apple staff at Macworld NYC last year using them. But this T610, well, it blows it away, and i reckon it's better than the P800 too, as it's fully supported by iSync and Bluetooth etc. ...

Pictures, please!

I'm jealous. I bought a T68i and have been very disappointed. The keys are way too small for human hands, the organizer features are almost unusable, and the ringtones are, all of them, virtually inadible high-pitched chirps.

I was thinking of asking AT&T if I could trade it in on a P800, if they ever offer those. But I don't need a camera, I just want bigger keys and better organizer features. Maybe the T610 is the way to go. Tell us more!

BTW, does anyone know if there a way to install user background pictures on the T68i?

Rower_CPU
May 25, 2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by cubist
BTW, does anyone know if there a way to install user background pictures on the T68i?

Bluetooth, my friend, bluetooth. I just got a T68i this last week, and picked up a D-Link USB Bluetooth Adapter for my TiBook a couple days ago.

Simply pair up your devices, enable the Bluetooth menu bar, and select "Send file". Browse to your image file (I suggest you make it something small) and select it. It should be placed in your "My Pictures" folder on the phone.

I've already done this to have a picture of my girlfriend show up on screen for when she calls.

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
I've already done this to have a picture of my girlfriend show up on screen for when she calls.

gag me

Rower_CPU
May 25, 2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
gag me

Get a life. :rolleyes:

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2003, 12:34 PM
Get a life. :rolleyes:

oh, like you? :rolleyes: :confused:

Rower_CPU
May 25, 2003, 01:01 PM
oh, like you? :rolleyes: :confused:

Touché.

I'm looking forward to trying out the GSM/GPRS features of my T68i as a modem while I'm on the road with my TiBook. Nothing like checking out MR while rolling down the freeway...

cubist
May 25, 2003, 01:19 PM
... Simply pair up your devices, enable the Bluetooth menu bar, and select "Send file". Browse to your image file (I suggest you make it something small) and select it. It should be placed in your "My Pictures" folder on the phone. ...

I have the same adapter, and the devices are0 paired, and I have used iSync/iCal. There are numerous events appearing and disappearing, but I attribute this to the crappiness of iCal rather than iSync or the phone. Repeating events are particularly problematic. As for the to-do list, it's ghastly in iCal, and on the phone, it's limited to 80 items which are not even sorted. Almost worthless.

(ahem) Now when you say "enable the Bluetooth menu bar", where is this menu bar? In iSync? System Preferences? The phone? When you speak of folders on the phone, how does one see these folders?

When you say "make it something small", how small? What about bit depth? File format?

Please forgive me if these details are located on some obscure web page somewhere that a simple Google whould have found. I'm an old geezer who has the antiquated notion that things like this ought to be documented in the user manual. (It's not a printing problem - I have pages and pages of four-color printed fluff from AT&T Wireless, totally devoid of any useful information.)

NavyIntel007
May 25, 2003, 01:46 PM
Still waiting for Sprint to release the SE T608

cubist
May 25, 2003, 02:12 PM
I noticed on the machine with the bluetooth dongle that there was a bluetooth icon in the menu bar. I have no idea how it got there. I selected Browse files, the T68i says it doesn't support that. I made a 300x300 image file in iphoto and said send the file. The computer reported that the T68i said it wouldn't accept the file, did I want to send it anyway? I said yes. The phone received the file (using Receive Item) and said it stored it in "My pictures". Then I was able to select it as a background image. Note that there was nothing intuitive about this process, and both the computer and the phone objected to it at numerous points, and there was little user control available. But it did work.

(back on topic) I hope that newer phones will make this process easier and more logical. Any process indistinguishable from magic is poorly engineered.

Rower_CPU
May 25, 2003, 04:23 PM
cubist-
That's exactly what I had to do. No, it's not "user friendly", but it's not hard either.

evoluzione
May 25, 2003, 09:24 PM
i had no problems whatsoever, was very straightforward. i eventually worked out that rather than sending 120x160 pics i should send 128x128 as the top and bottom get cut off otherwise...

i plugged the BT adapter in and just selected Browse Device from said menu, and it's just like using ftp, very easy.

i'm dead happy, worth the bucks that's for sure. :D :D

topicolo
May 25, 2003, 09:51 PM

I'm looking forward to trying out the GSM/GPRS features of my T68i as a modem while I'm on the road with my TiBook. Nothing like checking out MR while rolling down the freeway...

except for slamming into an oncoming 18-wheeler because you were checking out MR while rolling down the freeway...:D

tazo
May 25, 2003, 11:00 PM
Touché.

Hopefully not while driving :rolleyes:

Now now Rower, JSR, get along, Mac rumors.com catfights are not terribly attractive :)

job
May 25, 2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by tazo
Now now Rower, JSR, get along, Mac rumors.com catfights are not terribly attractive :)

hahahahahahahah... ;) :D

you haven't been around long enough to watch these two go at it. back when spamming was still prevalent....you should have seen the comic threads those two and mischef and teabgs used to get into.

shadowfax
May 25, 2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by tazo
Now now Rower, JSR, get along, Mac rumors.com catfights are not terribly attractive :) man, that was perfect. did you see how rower conceded? "touché?" that's hilarious, man. nothing wrong with a little friendly "argumentation."

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Shadowfax
man, that was perfect. did you see how rower conceded? "touché?" that's hilarious, man. nothing wrong with a little friendly "argumentation."

friendly? friendly???

i hate that &*#$%@%@#

you heard me. that *#$&@$ can %#$@% all the way to &*($@#!!!

job
May 25, 2003, 11:22 PM
friendly? friendly???

i hate that &*#$%@%@#

you heard me. that *#$&@$ can %#$@% all the way to &*($@#!!!

ahahahahahaha...

all we need now are a few posts from mischef, rower, and teabgs and it'll be just like old times. ;)

shadowfax
May 25, 2003, 11:41 PM
friendly? friendly???

i hate that &*#$%@%@#

you heard me. that *#$&@$ can %#$@% all the way to &*($@#!!! sorry, i forgot to put "friendly" in quotes too.

jelloshotsrule
May 26, 2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by job
ahahahahahaha...

all we need now are a few posts from mischef, rower, and teabgs and it'll be just like old times. ;)

those mother %&*(#$&% can all %#&($#$% my &%(#$#$ too!

MrMacMan
May 26, 2003, 03:20 PM
Oh yeah, that kicks!

Guys, atleast make a 'no holds bars' thread before cursing more. :o :p