Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pipian

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2003
I've got a friend that has not 1 or 2 pixels dead, but literally a whole line dead on the some in the middle about, stretching from top to bottom, a blue.

maradong

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2003
Luxembourg
Re: ibook question...

Originally posted by Pipian
I've got a friend that has not 1 or 2 pixels dead, but literally a whole line dead on the some in the middle about, stretching from top to bottom, a blue.
hm. so where is the question ?

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
Re: ibook question...

Originally posted by Pipian

he should see a doctor.

GigaWire

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2001
i have a friend who has a computer and he said that the CD drive only works with CDs.

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by GigaWire
i have a friend who has a computer and he said that the CD drive only works with CDs.

Send that to Apple, serious issues with that mac!

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
Originally posted by GigaWire

As opposed to working with... floppies?

Seriously, if your friend expects a CD drive to work with, for example, DVDs then your friend doesn't understand the technology. On the other hand, if your friend had a DVD drive that only worked with CDs, then I'd say he should get it replaced.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Originally posted by Snowy_River
As opposed to working with... floppies?

Seriously, if your friend expects a CD drive to work with, for example, DVDs then your friend doesn't understand the technology. On the other hand, if your friend had a DVD drive that only worked with CDs, then I'd say he should get it replaced.

i *think* it was a joke. ;)

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
to the original poster:
tell your friend to get it replaced (provided it's still under warranty). A whole line of dead pixels far exceeds what is "acceptable."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.