Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xaok31x

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2007
I'm selling my Powerbook G4 15in because I just bought a Macbook. I NEEEED advice on how much to price it. Here are the specs:I've had this computer for about two years now. The Harddrive went bad a few months ago, but I got a
new one replaced under warranty, making this computer as good as new.
Comes with all original documents, manuals, CD's, and packaging box.
Has a few scratches on the bottom and some small white spots on screen
that are hardly noticeable. Otherwise, it is in excellent condition.

Here are the specs:

Apple 15.2-inch Aluminum Powerbook Laptop G4

Purchased brand-new for $1700

Includes built-in Airport Extreme wireless internet card for
effortless wireless access, compatible with any wireless network.

CD-RW/DVD slot-loading optical combo drive BURNS CDs and plays/reads
DVDs, great for watching movies

Includes built-in Bluetooth networking

Processor Speed: 1GHz

512 MB of RAM (officially supports configurations to 2 GB)

Brand-new Toshiba HDD, 60GB, 2.5 INCH, MK6034GAX with 3-year warranty

Comes with TWO FREE extra Rechargeable batteries (3 total!) so you
never have to worry about having no power outlet nearby! (Each extra
battery costs $129.00 from Apple.com)

Software version installed is OS X 10.3

Comes with AC adapter/charger unit

Great Condition. Minor scratches on surface and bottom of laptop.

I'm thinking of selling this baby for $750. Is that a good price? Higher or lower?

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
$750 sounds like a pretty good deal for what you're including. Without the batteries, a 1GHz G4 might go for around $650?$700? Good luck selling her :)

Bosox3

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2007
if you are planning on selling it on ebay..Id do a search for this same machine under completed auctions to get an idea of what they've been selling for.

xaok31x

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2007
thanks for your responses. any extra advice will be appreciated.

Also, any suggestions on where to sell this powerbook (other than ebay)?

psingh01

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2004
thanks for your responses. any extra advice will be appreciated.

Also, any suggestions on where to sell this powerbook (other than ebay)?

I'm interested too. Mine is a slightly higher spec PB G4 that I will sell to help offset the cost of MBP. Let us know what you sell yours for. Mine has the 80gb drive, the (at the time) high end video card and 1.5gb of ram :)

cardjoseph

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2005
just recently sold my pb g4

I just recently sold my 15" powerbook g4. I bought it in October 2005. Sold it for $1,250.00 on Ebay. It had a 1.67 Ghz processor, 100 GB harddrive, 1 GB of SDRAM memory, ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 video card with 128 MB, 8x superdrive, and 21 months of warranty left. I also tossed in iLife '06 and Toast 7 as well as a mighty mouse and an isight cam.

I was pretty happy to get what I did for it.

psingh01

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2004
I just recently sold my 15" powerbook g4. I bought it in October 2005. Sold it for $1,250.00 on Ebay. It had a 1.67 Ghz processor, 100 GB harddrive, 1 GB of SDRAM memory, ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 video card with 128 MB, 8x superdrive, and 21 months of warranty left. I also tossed in iLife '06 and Toast 7 as well as a mighty mouse and an isight cam.

I was pretty happy to get what I did for it.

what did you set as the starting price? reserve? buy it now price? :D

ktbubster

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2007
US
I just sold my Tibook on craigslist for 535. Seems by cutting out the middle man you may very well make more in the long run. I would have sold it for a little less then that on ebay and had fees and shipping.

P.S. if you are going to do ebay supposedly the best way... in my experience and my dads is to do free shipping in the auction (makes people more enticed to bid.. and they will probably bid higher to cover it anyway, it's just psychological) and put a really low starting price, rediculously low and then a reserve... and a higher or the highest average you see them go for now (watch a few ending in the next few days for similar items)

low start prices tend to make people bid more. take ALOT of good pictures, more the better, pay the extra fees, and take pictures of the actual item, this is def a better way to get people to bid too.

Just my 2 cents. good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.