Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Sorry, I've removed the picture.
I'm not the only one to have posted it on the internet, but I'm the one that's been quoted everywhere, so I'm taking this down.

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
This is a good shining example of lack of product knowledge these people have... I'm glad they just put it down in print.

If I could get a $5 bill for every misleading or incorrect statment I see/overhear from these adds/'computer store' clerks, I'd seriously consider quiting my job. :rolleyes:

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
This is a good shining example of lack of product knowledge these people have... I'm glad they just put it down in print.

If I could get a $5 bill for every misleading or incorrect statment I see/overhear from these adds/'computer store' clerks, I'd seriously consider quiting my job. :rolleyes:

Really depends on the store. I've switched half the employees at my CompUSA to Macs myself, and they're all very knowledgeable. Some of the salespeople are A+ certified.

Regardless, the Zune thing cracked all of us up :)

Xeem

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2005
Minnesota
I definitely got a chuckle out of the ad; thanks for posting it.

Several years ago, on my very first visit to CompUSA ever, I couldn't even get their "printer expert" to check to see if he had any Apple Stylewriter II-compatible ink cartridges because I was completely unable to convince him that the StyleWriter was an inkjet printer rather than a laser printer. He literally refused to even look into it because he was sure he was right (and he was definitely very wrong). I know basing my opinion of an entire store on one bad experience isn't very fair, but I swear it pops into my mind every time I enter a CompUSA.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
Hey, if Steve wins the DRM argument, perhaps they will start giving them away with Zunes.

People buy Zunes and use iTunes for their music library, Apple would love that :apple:

The Zune user get annoyed with the Zune and buy iPods, Apple would love that even more ;)

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I was at FYE and bought 3 CDs from a list, and for every 3 off the list you bought you got a $15 iTunes card...

Maybe it's a promo that CompUSA is having with a purchase of over $249 for any music player?

Yes, sort of wierd if you buy a Windows based player and you get stuck with an iTunes card....maybe the store will let you sub for a Zune card or Napster or whatever...

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
I definitely got a chuckle out of the ad; thanks for posting it.

Several years ago, on my very first visit to CompUSA ever, I couldn't even get their "printer expert" to check to see if he had any Apple Stylewriter II-compatible ink cartridges because I was completely unable to convince him that the StyleWriter was an inkjet printer rather than a laser printer. He literally refused to even look into it because he was sure he was right (and he was definitely very wrong). I know basing my opinion of an entire store on one bad experience isn't very fair, but I swear it pops into my mind every time I enter a CompUSA.

A while ago I went to get a wireless adapter for my old computer, and someone working there was hovering around the wireless section, so I asked for help. He showed me the D-Link devices, and I said I wouldn't need anything fancy, the cheapest one would do. I picked one up from the shelf and he looked at it. Somehow the one I picked out and another more expensive one got switched and I ended up almost checking out with something $50 more expensive. Not sure if this was an accident or not. ;)

I remember though, I bought my first iPod from CompUSA and I was taken to the "Apple Guru". This was before I didn't know what a mac was, and I remember seeing the iMac G4 and loving it; well, until I saw the price tag. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.