Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2006
Well I'm here at college and my iBook keeps giving me connection errors when trying to connect to the wireless network. It works fine at my house but it only works occasionally here at school. I'm not sure what the problem is but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of what I could try to fix this issue.

NewSc2

macrumors 65816
Jun 4, 2005
New York, NY
Go to Network under System Preferences and create a new location, per your University's recommendations (there should be a website detailing how you should set up your wifi at the school).

The only issue I've had with this set up (I use static IP off my router at home), is that I need to manually switch it over each time.

btw, does your iBook have the latest firmware updates? My gf's iBook G4 gets a kernel panic every time she connects via Airport.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2006
Ok, I created the new location and the wireless is working fine so far. However, I'm not sure if it's going to keep working or not.

Also, how do I check to see if I have the latest firmware?

edit: Actually it's not connecting now. I keep getting the "There was an error joining the network" popup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.