PDA

View Full Version : what music are you listining to now?

krossfyter
May 25, 2003, 03:22 PM
im jamming out to queens of the stone age "songs for the deaf" album, a perfect circles album, dredg "el cielo", disturbed, sigur ros, theory of a deadman, coldplay, evanescence and vallejo....at the moment.

what music has your attention these days?

its been awhile since ive posted. im not sure if its even safe to post here anymore. if not then dont blame me blame the government cheese. that always works.

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2003, 03:24 PM
i'm not listening to anything right this second...

but "these days" it's a lot of the latest boy sets fire album. nothing like that to get you fired up about politics.

and i just got the new live album, so that's getting some play.

other than that, i have my ipod on random over the whole thing for the most part...

nice to see you around brah!

Mr. Anderson
May 25, 2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter

its been awhile since ive posted. im not sure if its even safe to post here anymore.

what? how could you even say that ;)

I'm listening to iTiunes radio - xtc radio

D

Genie
May 25, 2003, 03:27 PM
Fleetwood Mac Rumors
Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon
Simon and Garfunkel Greatest Hits
James Taylor Greatest Hits
Hans Zimmer/Trevor Horn - Toys Soundtrack
Sarah Mcglaughlan - Surfacing
Police- Greatest hits
Natalie Cole-Unforgettable
Rich Mullins - Liturgy
Debussy , Bach, Mozart, Copland, Stravinsky “Greatest hits”
Samuel Barber - Greatest hits
Bodyguard soundtrack

http://www.geniesongs.com/personal.html:rolleyes:

WinterMute
May 25, 2003, 03:32 PM
im jamming out to queens of the stone age "songs for the deaf" album, a perfect circles album, dredg "el cielo", disturbed, sigur ros, theory of a deadman, coldplay, evanescence and vallejo....at the moment.

Strangely I'm listening to QotSA, Disturbed, Coldplay, Evanescence and ToaDM, along with System of a Down and Tenacious D. Seems we have some common ground.:D

Right now I've got Zep's Physical Graffitti running, and Zappa's Ship Arriving too Late to Save a Drowning Witch lined up.

Wes
May 25, 2003, 03:42 PM
Calm Like a Bomb - Rage Agains the Machine, just got back from seing the Matrix.

brogers
May 25, 2003, 03:50 PM
Hootie and the Blowfish--Innocence
Krokus--Playn' the Outlaw
Bebo Norman--Cover Me
Supertramp--The Logical Song

pseudobrit
May 25, 2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Genie
Fleetwood Mac Rumors

LOL!

krossfyter
May 25, 2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule

but "these days" it's a lot of the latest boy sets fire album. nothing like that to get you fired up about politics.

other than that, i have my ipod on random over the whole thing for the most part...

ah yeah boys sets fire just got added to this years lollapaloza. will you be attending?

ecino1
May 25, 2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule

Hey dude, nice see another boy sets fire fan here! What other punk bands do you listen to?

smada
May 25, 2003, 04:05 PM
a few new albums that I just ripped-

Up in Flames by Manitoba
You Forgot It In People by The Broken Social Scene
The Summer Of The Shark by Portastatic.

wdlove
May 25, 2003, 04:17 PM
"Unforgetable With Love Natlie Cole" Special Edtiion 2 Set CD collection

krossfyter
May 25, 2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
what? how could you even say that ;)

I'm listening to iTiunes radio - xtc radio

D

so i guess everythings okay to drop anchor.

;)

cc bcc
May 25, 2003, 04:32 PM
a tribe called quest - air - archive - boards of canada - boom boom satellites - david bowie - frank zappa - kruder & dorfmeister - lamb - marillion - marilyn manson - massive attack - monster magnet - muse - pink floyd - red hot chili peppers - roger waters - spinvis - starsailor - tom mcrae - tool - urban dance squad

This is not my entire iTunes database ;) , just the stuff I listen to lately. Some stay forever, some come and go.

wdlove
May 25, 2003, 04:34 PM
"Frank Sinatra: The Capital Years" a 3 CD Set

cc bcc
May 25, 2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
"Frank Sinatra: The Capital Years" a 3 CD Set

wow, that other cd selection took you only 17 minutes to finish?

Genie
May 25, 2003, 04:38 PM
Indigo Girls
Beth Neilsen Chapman
Sting
Peter Gabriel
Bruce Springsteen
Chieftans
Enya
John Williams
Mary Chapin Carpenter
Bette Midler
Sinead o’Connor
Yes pre 1988
Rush pre - 1985
Andrea bocelli
Selected Celine Dion (careful)
Bjork
Pat Metheny (start with Secret Story)
Bobby Mcferrin
Aerosmith
Tori Amos - (start with “To Venus and Back”)

pivo6
May 25, 2003, 04:48 PM
I've been listening to my latest CD - Moffou by Salif Keita.

wdlove
May 25, 2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by cc bcc
wow, that other cd selection took you only 17 minutes to finish?

You are a very observant person! I actually started listening to the first set at 3:50pm. Not sure why but the second CD only had 1 song on it, checked it twice! :confused:

billyboy
May 25, 2003, 05:19 PM
Nothing since yesterday when an upgrade to 10.2.6 killed my core audio IO. If anyone knows why or what to do I'd love to know. :confused:

P-Worm
May 25, 2003, 05:26 PM
I'm way into the Flectones right now, and I'm starting to get addicted to Dream Theater now too.

P-Worm

eyelikeart
May 25, 2003, 05:41 PM
at this very moment...something new to me...Natacha Atlas...track called "Iskanderia" from the album Diaspora... ;)

lately though...lots of jazz, downtempo & triphop...

John Coltrane, Wes Montgomery, Thievery Corporation, Depeche Mode, Kruder & Dorfmeister, Lamb to name a few... ;)

tazo
May 25, 2003, 07:29 PM
Local radio, 98.9, I have my stereo hooked up to my Mac as my source of audio :) So when I want iTunes to play, I hit the AUXilary button, when not I just listen to a cd or the radio :) Best of both worlds although I prefer not to use system resources with iTunes if possible :)

tazo
May 25, 2003, 07:31 PM
UPDATE:

Now listening to my 'latin' folder, where all the music is in spanish :) Got a little shakira going, some Tiziano Ferro, some Juanes, a little Mana :)

:) :cool:

wdlove
May 25, 2003, 07:35 PM
"Frank Sinatra: The Capital Years" a 3 CD Set now on CD #2!

medea
May 25, 2003, 09:00 PM
M. Ward-The Transfiguration of Vincent
&
Iron and Wine- The Creek Drank the Cradle

shadowfax
May 25, 2003, 09:10 PM
Radiohead--Hail to the Thief
Red Hot Chili Peppers--By the Way

tazo
May 25, 2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Shadowfax

oooo a RHCP fan :p I like the songs californication and can't stop a lot :)

job
May 25, 2003, 09:22 PM
picked up the new ∂eƒtones album...aptly titled "∂eƒtones." great stuff.

currently listening to a live acoustic session from staind.

Steradian
May 25, 2003, 09:28 PM
Hmm...Whoracle, Inflames, " Only for the weak" GoodTimes :) I could possible change tracks to coldplay...but...Hmm

bombensington
May 25, 2003, 11:46 PM
i've been in a total sleepytime music kind of mode - lots of ryan adams' album "demolition" and anything by rufus wainwright.

i've been trying to get into richard ashcroft's new album...to no avail. just not as good as the first. except the song "science of silence" is pretty good.

but i just discovered the new radiohead - very impressed with what i have heard so far.

applemacdude
May 26, 2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by tazo
UPDATE:

Now listening to my 'latin' folder, where all the music is in spanish :) Got a little shakira going, some Tiziano Ferro, some Juanes, a little Mana :)

:) :cool:

tazo are hispanic? just asking...

wdlove
May 26, 2003, 10:54 AM
"Les Miserables" a 2 CD Set with the original London Cast Recording! :)

Wes
May 26, 2003, 10:58 AM
"Les Miserables" a 2 CD Set with the original London Cast Recording! :)

I saw that about 2 months ago. A little long for my taste, and I didn't like the constant singing, can't they just sing in the songs?;)

wdlove
May 26, 2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Wes
I saw that about 2 months ago. A little long for my taste, and I didn't like the constant singing, can't they just sing in the songs?;)

My wife is jealous of you living in London and getting to see it with the original cast!

iGav
May 26, 2003, 11:15 AM
The last few on my recently played list....

Harry Connick Jr. 'We Are In Love'

Johnny Nash 'I Can See Clearly Now'

Erroll Garner 'Misty'

Roberta Flack 'The First Time...'

Tim Garland's Dean Street Underground Orchestra 'Mr Magic'

Luscious Jackson 'Fly'

Smashing Pumkins 'Annie-Dog'

As it's a Bank Holiday over here, no better way than to be chilling out to some seriously mellow choons... whilst building my new website!!

Ace...

iGav
May 26, 2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Wes
and I didn't like the constant singing, can't they just sing in the songs?;)

that's because it's a musical... :p :p :p

jelloshotsrule
May 26, 2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by ecino1
Hey dude, nice see another boy sets fire fan here! What other punk bands do you listen to?

sense field
shelter
farside
get up kids (not anymore)
stretch arm strong
hot water music
thursday
7 seconds
bane
ensign
gameface
youth of today, chain of strength, no for an answer, side by side, gorilla biscuits (old schooly stuff)
texas is the reason
trial

etc.

kross- nah.. lollapalooza = overpriced for one good band... and while i'm glad to see a political awesome band like bsf getting some exposure to spread their message, i'm afraid the people at said event are often too dumb to pick up on anything besides "the mosh"... i'd rather see them in smaller, 10 dollar venues..

word

Wes
May 26, 2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by iGAV
that's because it's a musical... :p :p :p

I know it was a musical, but to sing that much you have to be hardcore.:p It's annoying because you know what they are trying to say, but it takes them 10 minutes to sing it out.

tazo
May 26, 2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by applemacdude
tazo are hispanic? just asking...

No but don't feel like its a rude question or anything. I realize from listening to spanish music and speaking spanish, well, the temptation to call me hispanic is there.

no problems :), pero no estoy hispano :)

Giaguara
May 26, 2003, 12:09 PM
a pity tazo, me likes hispanos :D

heh. memorial day weekend way from home, at least i have my 20G ipod with me packed up with my music. so no running it randomly... something of malu' and mana' seem to be the last ones that i listened to. i have now some instrumental modern tangos (astor piazzolla, yo-yo ma, gotan project etc), kodo, rather recent italian, argentinian and brazilian (and other latin) music, everything buut top 40 ... some classics like apocalyptica (metallica played in classical instruments), metallica, some soundtracks like passion of peter gabriel, requiem for a dream etc... :p

Moxiemike
May 26, 2003, 12:11 PM
Hm. well. Let's see. I'll list the stuff in my car since i've been spending a lot of time in it, driving around aimlessly. ;)

Since my car doesn't have a cassette, and no audio in, and i'm annoyed with my fm transmitter, i haven't been able to use my iPod. BUT that has made me more choosy in my musical selections.

Thievery Corp.-Richest Man in babylon
Morcheeba-Charango
The Cure- Wild Mood Swings
Esthero-Breath from Another
Gretchen Lieberum?Brand New Morning
Bebel Gilberto-tanto tempo
Cocteau Twins-heaven or las vegas
the streets- original pirate material
verve remixed
billy bragg- back to basics
the smiths-the queen is dead
depeche mode- exciter, ultra and music for the masses
Jazzanova-in between
massive attack- blue lines and 100th window
stevie wonder- talking book
miles davis-kind of blue
Buena Vista Social Club
!Cubanismo!-Reencarnation
BB and Wilco- Mermaid Ave

Yep. The ladies seem to love esthero, morcheeba (save for that slick rick track) and Bebel. They also seems to dig the Latin/Bossa stuff i've been into a lot the past few years.

when i'm out with the guys, Depeche mode and billy bragg are good. As is some
of the Mermaid ave-- kinda depressing, so we can whine about our exes. :)

Then the streets--- that's be in HEAVY rotation. "I Like getting drunk.... "

SOOOOO Hilarious!

Giaguara
May 26, 2003, 12:11 PM
no problems :), pero no estoy hispano :)

no soy hispano. "estar" you use with things that are variable, and normally your cultural background isn't so variable > ser. ;)

tazo
May 26, 2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Giaguara
a pity tazo, me likes hispanos :D

Pero yo hablo espanol y tengo amigos hispanos! :D

no soy hispano. "estar" you use with things that are variable, and normally your cultural background isn't so variable > ser.

Gracias por ayudandome con mi espanol, solo tengo tres an(tilde)os de espanol.

cc bcc
May 26, 2003, 12:50 PM
You are a very observant person! I actually started listening to the first set at 3:50pm. Not sure why but the second CD only had 1 song on it, checked it twice! :confused:

Well, normally all sorts of interesting things happen without me noticing it.. :D

Giaguara
May 26, 2003, 12:51 PM
tazo 'enie' you can do it probably with alt-n-n combination ... i cant use that letter rigt now, i'm stuck on a peecee a few hundred miles from my my mac... ;) (at least that alt-n-n works in my keyboard, it's just non-US kb.)

buen memorial day chico :D ;)

tazo
May 26, 2003, 12:59 PM
tazo 'enie' you can do it probably with alt-n-n combination ... i cant use that letter rigt now, i'm stuck on a peecee a few hundred miles from my my mac... ;) (at least that alt-n-n works in my keyboard, it's just non-US kb.)

buen memorial day chico :D ;)

Gracias Giagura, es bueno que haya un chico que habla espanol aqui :)

eyelikeart
May 26, 2003, 01:36 PM
Bjork...Human Behavior...

an oldie...but still hot... ;)

Flickta
May 26, 2003, 01:42 PM
Queen.
"Innuendo"
For the first time in three-four years.

iGav
May 26, 2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Wes
I know it was a musical, but to sing that much you have to be hardcore.:p It's annoying because you know what they are trying to say, but it takes them 10 minutes to sing it out.

:p :p :p

maradong
May 26, 2003, 02:46 PM
Cat Stevens: Father & Son
and just starting:
Cat Stevens: Maybe your right

krossfyter
May 26, 2003, 03:23 PM

hey wait a minute that radiohead album is not out yet or is it?

:confused:

bombensington
May 26, 2003, 03:25 PM

nope, not released yet...will be in june, though.

eyelikeart
May 26, 2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by bombensington
nope, not released yet...will be in june, though.

yeah...and many people have it already... ;)

markjones05
May 26, 2003, 05:54 PM
The White Stripes

Elephant = great album.

e-coli
May 26, 2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
at this very moment...something new to me...Natacha Atlas...track called "Iskanderia" from the album Diaspora... ;)

lately though...lots of jazz, downtempo & triphop...

John Coltrane, Wes Montgomery, Thievery Corporation, Depeche Mode, Kruder & Dorfmeister, Lamb to name a few... ;)

Check out Four Tet. He's great.
Rounds is a great album.

medea
May 26, 2003, 06:39 PM

no it has not been released, but someone stole and early version of the album and everyone ate it up, even though radiohead has said how upset they are over someone stealing music that they did not want anyone to hear.
sorry but radiohead has always been good about people taping shows and letting out b-sides etc. this has nothing to do with downloading mp3's, that was not music they wanted people to hear and I respect that, I'll wait until the album is officially released.

Tequila Grandma
May 26, 2003, 06:44 PM
The past few weeks I've been frequently playing the following:

"Weasels Ripped My Flesh" by The Mothers of Invention
"The Third Reich and Roll" by The Residents
"Horses" by Patti Smith
'Happy End of the World" by Pizzicato Five

..plus as ALWAYS I have a couple of my long-loved New Order albums in heavy rotation -- recently it's been "Low-life" and the UK version (which has the correct track sequencing) of "Power, Corruption and Lies".

Arigato,
Brook

wdlove
May 26, 2003, 07:13 PM
"The Complete Gershwin" 2 CD Set - Works for Orchestra, Piano & Orchestra St Louis Symphony Orchestra with Leonard Slatkin, Conductor

Genie
May 26, 2003, 08:28 PM
What do you listen to to relax?

King Cobra
May 26, 2003, 08:43 PM
Beastie Boys -- Paul Revere

now:

Beasite Boys -- Rhymin & Stealin
(I always play this song loud.)

trebblekicked
May 26, 2003, 08:47 PM
uncle tupelo - "no depression"

oh wait. thats over. now it's:

bruce mccullough (sp?) - "answering machine"

and "hail to the thief" is pretty good too.

bombensington
May 26, 2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by markjones05
The White Stripes

Elephant = great album.

right on...it's totally awesome. in heavy rotation in itunes.

one of those albums i can actually listen to from start to finish without having to skip songs. usually there's some super crappy song i just can't stand...but this album is a gem.

vniow
May 26, 2003, 08:56 PM
What do you listen to to relax?

I don't use music.. (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=307940#post307940)
Sorry, I'm eating oysters right now.

Seriously....I'm a jazz slut so that...yeah.

Right now its Ursula Rucker - Spring (great little drum & bass tune, very melodic..)

King Cobra
May 26, 2003, 09:05 PM
Crazytown -- Black Cloud

I would have liked anything with an "oldies" beat, such as The Beatles, Elvis, etc. if my parents didn't drug me by forcing me to listen to over 400 hours of that stuff. Yes, it was nice for the first 10 hours, but I've had to listen to so much Classic stuff I can't stand it. So I'm a rock/metal freak, with a little mix of rap and death metal variation for musical tastes.

eyelikeart
May 26, 2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by e-coli
Check out Four Tet. He's great.
Rounds is a great album.

I've never listened before, but am streaming it now...very cool stuff! :D

It's not available on emusic.com or iTunes Music Store though. :(

Tequila Grandma
May 26, 2003, 09:59 PM
right on...it's totally awesome. in heavy rotation in itunes.

one of those albums i can actually listen to from start to finish without having to skip songs. usually there's some super crappy song i just can't stand...but this album is a gem.
ehhh, it's an ok album. Actually, I'd even go so far as to call it a good album. The opener "Seven Nation Army" is a GREAT pop song, but nothing else on the disc really measures up to it. Just because I was so sick of all the hype around them around the time "White Blood Cells" was getting popular, I never listened to "White Blood Cells" or the White Stripes' two previous albums, so "Elephant" was the first album of theirs I heard (I'm not sure why I felt compelled to hear it, but I did anyway). Anyway, it can be a fun album, but it's certainly not one I play a whole lot. I prefer 70's-sounding music that was actually produced in the 70's I suppose :p

Arigato,
Brook

applemacdude
May 26, 2003, 11:15 PM
linkin park- pushing me away

bombensington
May 26, 2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Tequila Grandma
I prefer 70's-sounding music that was actually produced in the 70's I suppose

they actually used totally old-school equipment to record it - stuff from the 60s. i guess jack is totally into the older way of recording, he said that those days were the pinnacle of recording or something.

Wes
May 27, 2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by applemacdude
linkin park- pushing me away

Nice choice, my 4 top played songs are Linkin Park, 180 plays, 160 plays, 140 plays and 110 plays.

maradong
May 27, 2003, 02:14 AM
At the moment:
Curse (www.curse.de) - album Innere Sicherheit.

maradong
May 27, 2003, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by medea
no it has not been released, but someone stole and early version of the album and everyone ate it up, even though radiohead has said how upset they are over someone stealing music that they did not want anyone to hear.
sorry but radiohead has always been good about people taping shows and letting out b-sides etc. this has nothing to do with downloading mp3's, that was not music they wanted people to hear and I respect that, I'll wait until the album is officially released.
:D
here in luxembourg it is definetly released. As a friend of mine just baught it :D

iGav
May 27, 2003, 04:59 AM
Today...

Pete Yorn 'Music For The Morning After'

Cardigans 'Gran Turismo'

Juliana Hatfield 'Juliana's Pony: Total System Failure'

ntg
May 27, 2003, 07:37 AM
Just listening to Meat Loaf - Couldn't Have Said It Better, which I have just ripped AAC, and will follow it with the 2nd 'Electric' album
(80s Disco stuff - all Electronic, New Wave and Synth stuff)

From the library, top plays are New Order, Depeche Mode and Queen - a bit of a mix!

Nig.

shadowfax
May 27, 2003, 07:38 AM
Today...

Pete Yorn 'Music For The Morning After' Pete Yorn's latest, "Day i Forgot," is also very very good.

iGav
May 27, 2003, 07:51 AM
Pete Yorn's latest, "Day i Forgot," is also very very good.

I've not heard it yet, but it's on my next to buy list...

I've got the song 'lose You' on repeat at the moment... amazing song...:)

trebblekicked
May 27, 2003, 08:38 AM
this morning's good stuff:

Cat Power- Wonderwall (from peel sessions)

Nightmares on Wax- Fire in the Middle

spoon- Stay Don't Go

mrjamin
May 27, 2003, 08:48 AM
I'm in the university library so i'm not - wish i was listening to the new deftones album though!! Going to see them on monday - RRRRROOOOOOOOCK

Groovsonic
May 27, 2003, 09:14 AM
Well. I am at work, and stupid me, I forgot to charge my iPod, so here is what I WOULD want to be listening to right now:

Burning Love - Elvis
21st Century Digital Boy - Bad Religion
Don't touch my hat - Lyall Lovett
I was made for loving you - Kiss
I'll Be Back - The Beatles

Stupid...Must...have...iPod....Grr...

Foxer
May 27, 2003, 09:32 AM
The Wedding Present

Moxiemike
May 27, 2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Foxer
The Wedding Present

As we used to say in my old band:

"David Gedge. Genius."

Groovsonic
May 27, 2003, 09:37 AM
I forgot some...

Never there - Cake
She's all I ever had - Ricky Martin
Minerva - Deftones
Wild Horses- Rolling stones
Midnight train to gerogia - Gladys Knight & da pips.

shadowfax
May 27, 2003, 09:55 AM
I've not heard it yet, but it's on my next to buy list...

I've got the song 'lose You' on repeat at the moment... amazing song...:) you should check out "Crystal Village," from Day I Forgot. it's very cool. grab it before you get the album :D

mactastic
May 27, 2003, 10:39 AM
Brushfire fairytails - Jack Johnson

wdlove
May 27, 2003, 10:47 AM
"Night And Day: Celebrate Sinatra" John Williams & The Boston Pops Orchestra

Wes
May 27, 2003, 11:00 AM
Swing Swing - All-American Rejects

iGav
May 27, 2003, 12:45 PM
you should check out "Crystal Village," from Day I Forgot. it's very cool. grab it before you get the album :D

Just checked Amazon.co.uk and it's not released in the UK till August.... :rolleyes: nice to see the UK is on the cutting edge... :rolleyes:

Moxiemike
May 27, 2003, 12:47 PM
Just checked Amazon.co.uk and it's not released in the UK till August.... :rolleyes: nice to see the UK is on the cutting edge... :rolleyes:

we say that about the states

iGav
May 27, 2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Moxiemike
we say that about the states

:p :p :p that's cool to know... it's so annoying having to wait for albums to get released here, there's quite a few I want but you can't get them unless you get special import from HMV or Tower Records, and they come in at about $30 a CD....

I've just checked amazon.com and I forgot just how cheap CD's are in the States..... :(

Not fair.... although with some of the bands you like, I can well imagine that you suffer the same!!

Moxiemike
May 27, 2003, 12:58 PM
:p :p :p that's cool to know... it's so annoying having to wait for albums to get released here, there's quite a few I want but you can't get them unless you get special import from HMV or Tower Records, and they come in at about $30 a CD....

I've just checked amazon.com and I forgot just how cheap CD's are in the States..... :(

Not fair.... although with some of the bands you like, I can well imagine that you suffer the same!!

i remember buying a "vauxhall and i" import.... expensive. but hell, i had it before ANYONE> :)

iGav
May 27, 2003, 01:03 PM
i remember buying a "vauxhall and i" import.... expensive. but hell, i had it before ANYONE> :)

"Vauxhall and I"... that would make you a Connoisseur Sir... ;)

Moxiemike
May 27, 2003, 01:13 PM
"Vauxhall and I"... that would make you a Connoisseur Sir... ;)

what can i say? i enjoy the man's music. :D

got to see moz on valentines day. funny funny funny.

shadowfax
May 27, 2003, 02:20 PM
Just checked Amazon.co.uk and it's not released in the UK till August.... :rolleyes: nice to see the UK is on the cutting edge... :rolleyes: does amazon.com not do overseas shipping? i've gotten a texbook from amazon.co.uk and saved 50$, because the asses in america charged so much more. i still saved over 30$ after shipping.

Tequila Grandma
May 27, 2003, 02:40 PM
they actually used totally old-school equipment to record it - stuff from the 60s. i guess jack is totally into the older way of recording, he said that those days were the pinnacle of recording or something.
Yes, I am aware of this, it's the reason I made my comment.

Arigato,
Brook

iGav
May 27, 2003, 02:44 PM
does amazon.com not do overseas shipping? i've gotten a texbook from amazon.co.uk and saved 50$, because the asses in america charged so much more. i still saved over 30$ after shipping.

Yeah they do... but I think you need a credit card, and I don't have one of them because of the ridiculous interest rates charged on them over here... I might check CDnow or some other online music store....

Bugger... :eek: :p :p

shadowfax
May 27, 2003, 02:51 PM
Yeah they do... but I think you need a credit card, and I don't have one of them because of the ridiculous interest rates charged on them over here... I might check CDnow or some other online music store....

Bugger... :eek: :p :p you know this has to be an american language filter when you can't say ******* but you can say bugger. lol, that word is so much more offensive. ah me. can't you use like a debit card with amazon? or do they not like that from overseas?

wdlove
May 27, 2003, 04:10 PM

Bugger... :eek: :p :p

Do you have the availabilty to pay off your Credit Card in full each month without being charged any interest? As Shadowfax mentioned debit cards are an option, but from what I've heard they are not as safe as a Credit Card!

trebblekicked
May 27, 2003, 04:53 PM
sorry to keep posting what i'm listening to, but everyone should hear:

Of Montreal The Bedside Drama: A Petite Tragedy...

if you like the beach boys and the beatles and the kinks, you will like of montreal.

eyelikeart
May 27, 2003, 07:43 PM
no worries on continuing to post it...it's still an active thread...

Hooverphonic...A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular...the entire album...

track #1 - Inhaler ;)

MrMacMan
May 27, 2003, 07:53 PM
I was listening to some of my friends open music sharing, but then he updated to iTunes 4.0.1 and now apple stopped that.

wdlove
May 27, 2003, 07:56 PM
"Heavenly Music For Angels" by Toni Clark

Mal
May 27, 2003, 07:57 PM
I'm currently listening to Newsboys - It Is You.

JW

eyelikeart
May 27, 2003, 08:17 PM
Billie Holiday - I Wished on the Moon

iGav
May 28, 2003, 06:51 AM
you know this has to be an american language filter when you can't say ******* but you can say bugger. lol, that word is so much more offensive. ah me. can't you use like a debit card with amazon? or do they not like that from overseas?

:p :p :p It's not really seen as an offensive word of here... I tend to use it when something goes wrong... like... "Oh bugger" when I find out the girl I was getting off with the other night, has a boyfriend who's a Kung-Fu whizz!! that kind of thing.... ;)

Not tried the debit card for Amazon.com... I know you can use them in the U.S. under Cirrus so there isn't a prob there...

I used to have 3 credit cards until last year, but decided to pay them all off and close them, I'm trying to save up for a deposit on my own flat, so I'm going to need in the region of £25k.... credit cards are too tempting in a situation like this.... been there... not good!! They require self-control and when you're in London, self-control isn't the first thing that comes to mind!! heh-heh

iGav
May 28, 2003, 06:54 AM
Today....

Midnight Oil 'Earth And Sun And Moon'

Luscious Jackson 'Electric Honey'

Looper 'The Snare'

Kid Loco 'Presents Jesus Life For Children Under 12 Inches'

Alex Gopher 'You My Baby And I'

Wicked!!

anneleonard
May 28, 2003, 07:46 AM

Why don't you try play.com (http://www.play.com ) or cd-wow (http://www.cdwow.com) ? The prices are often as cheap as you'll find on the net (normally about £8.99 for a new release cd) and they are often released earlier than UK official releases, as they ship from overseas, asia, I think. I'm just about to receive the new Jewel cd 0304 which isn't going to be released in the UK until September! :eek:

Back to topic... I'm listening to by Evanescence, Bring Me To Life (I reckon it'll be top 5 when its released as a single)

iGav
May 28, 2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by anneleonard
Why don't you try play.com (http://www.play.com ) or cd-wow (http://www.cdwow.com) ? The prices are often as cheap as you'll find on the net (normally about £8.99 for a new release cd) and they are often released earlier than UK official releases, as they ship from overseas, asia, I think. I'm just about to receive the new Jewel cd 0304 which isn't going to be released in the UK until September! :eek:

I've got to try there... ;)

tazo
May 28, 2003, 08:48 AM
the radio. star 101.5

Groovsonic
May 28, 2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by skywalker
I'm currently listening to Newsboys - It Is You.

JW

yes, I agree, that is a great song. The other one that is really good off that album is 'Rescue'. Their new album is really great too. I would highly recommend it. Of course, I like pretty much anything they do...

eyelikeart
May 28, 2003, 09:45 AM
Ben Harper - Excuse Me, Mr. ;)

gotohamish
May 28, 2003, 09:54 AM
Currently Radiohead's Hail to the Thief CD. Love it so much, especially Punch-Up at a wedding.

gotohamish
May 28, 2003, 09:56 AM
I've got to try there... ;)

go with www.play.com everytime. I had terrible experience with CDWOW and have used Play for a couple of yeah, and they're fast, friendly, and best of all, cheap. Especially good for R1 DVD too!

Bengt77
May 28, 2003, 10:01 AM
I'm listening to Radar by Earthling. Not to be confused by one of David Bowie's albums, though. Before that I was listening to Protection by Massive Attack. Can't get enough of that album. It's been my absolute favourite for nine years now. Well, that's since it came out, really. This is what I'm into now:

Sleeping With Ghosts by Placebo (Brian Molko is hot!)
Ten by Pearl Jam (Read about that horrible Roskilde accident again a couple of weeks ago and had to go and play Ten three times in a row. I was there, in 2000, at Roskilde. Well, it wasn't a pretty sight, I can tell you. The look in Eddie's eyes; horrible. Will never forget that. Luckily, well for me anyway, the accident happened one metre or so in front of where I stood. Never knew so many fitted on a one metre thick row; amazing.)
Music Has The Right To Children by Boards Of Canada (Like it a tad better than I do Geogaddi, I think.)
Screamadelica by Primal Scream (Well, basically anything that comes out of their hands is utter brilliance...)
100th Window by Massive Attack (That gig was amazing!)
f#a#oo by Godspeed You Black Emperor! (Epic. Just epic.)
The Fragile by Nine Inch Nails (********** great!)
The Blue Room EP by Coldplay (Especially that last track, Such A Rush, is fantastic.)
In A Bar, Under The Sea by dEUS (I really like Little Arithmetics.)
The Bends by Radiohead (Don't you just love Fake Plastic Trees?!...)
Dubnobasswithmyheadman by Underworld (An absolute dance/techno classic. Brilliant.)
Substrata by Biosphere (Did I just hear anyone tell me to relax?!)

Well, that's about it. Radar has finished playing. Time to put onother cd. What will it be? Anyways, shoudn't this thread be renamed Come over here and show off your huge music collection! or something? What do you all think?

:D

EDIT: A spelling error was corrected.

Steamboatwillie
May 28, 2003, 10:24 AM

Pat Metheny (start with Secret Story)

Amazing album.

Listening to Andreas Vollenweider - Book of Roses right now.

litosclone
May 28, 2003, 11:31 AM
The Matrix 1 & 2 Soundtracks

Foxer
May 28, 2003, 11:37 AM
what can i say? i enjoy the man's music. :D

got to see moz on valentines day. funny funny funny.

Any idea when we might have a new album from Mozzer? It's been over six years since Maladjusted - which I was listening to on the way into work this morning.

barkmonster
May 28, 2003, 12:48 PM
Marscruiser vs Andy Page featuring George Clinton - EleMENTALectro Funk

IT'S FUNKY AS HELL!!!

Moxiemike
May 28, 2003, 01:55 PM
Any idea when we might have a new album from Mozzer? It's been over six years since Maladjusted - which I was listening to on the way into work this morning.

he did that tour last year... and was on craig kilborn... and then nothing. i dunno. He debuted some songs which you can get via morrissey-solo.com but that's the most i know. The moz rumors are far and few between. But maybe we should make "www.mozrumors.com"

hehehe. "The new PPC970pompadour edition will be re-released on vinyl with gatefold next month. On tuesday."

heehee

Moxiemike
May 28, 2003, 01:58 PM

hehe. just as soon as i post i go to moz sol0 (www.morrissey-solo.com) and see this:

NEWS JUST IN!
Janice Long on BBC Radio 2 has just read out a fax from Morrissey (signed by him) to say words to the following effect (not precise transcription).

'To all 12 people in the UK who are interested, I would like to let you know that I have signed to Attack on the Sanctuary label. Have begun recording my first album in 40 years. Please dedicate (something) to my nephews Sam and Johnny and say hi to everyone that knows me.'

Janice Long then played 'The world is full...' from last year's Radio 2 session.

As I said, not 100% accurate transcription but I think most of the details are there. Pretty funny stuff served with a nice dollop of trademark self-deprecation.

Best wishes to all. Neil G, London, England.

FriarTuck
May 28, 2003, 02:17 PM
Crystal Method -- Vegas.

When that's over, Fine Young Cannibals will join the party.

Steamboatwillie
May 28, 2003, 03:09 PM
Just "mixed" up a playlist of Luna, Soul Coughing, Radiohead, Gus Gus, Hooverphonic, Sigor Ros, Kula Shaker, BT, B-tribe, Gipsy Kings and Morcheeba.

Just in that kinda mood here at work :cool:

scem0
May 28, 2003, 03:39 PM
I've been listening to an aweful lot of Daniel Beddingfield lately. I think he is a 'breath of fresh air', to be cliche, to the music industry.

Wes
May 28, 2003, 03:53 PM
When All Is Said And Done - Trapt

I really like Trapt, their album is great!

MacFan25
May 28, 2003, 04:47 PM
The Eagles - "Hotel California"

Classic song! ;) :D

shadowfax
May 28, 2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by MacFan25
The Eagles - "Hotel California"

Classic song! ;) :D have you heard that long live acoustic version? it's much cooler than the studio recording.

King Cobra
May 28, 2003, 05:13 PM
Staind -- Price To Play

I should pick up the Trapt album. They have a theme to pull you in.

Now
Saliva -- R.I.P.

cocopelli
May 28, 2003, 05:33 PM
I just finished the Exies My Goddess now im listening to Fastball Out of My Head

billyboy
May 28, 2003, 06:41 PM
Got my core audio back at last and am now enjoying some beaty tunes from Extremodura and Heroes del Silencio

vniow
May 28, 2003, 06:47 PM
Ashley Macissac - Sleepy Maggie.

Yummy Celtic/hip-hop/rock goodness...

wdlove
May 28, 2003, 06:51 PM
"American Journey" John Williams

iGav
May 29, 2003, 10:52 AM
Today's fav choon...

Rae and Christian with Bobby Womack 'Get A Life'

Ace!:D

thekaiser
May 29, 2003, 11:20 AM
Coldplay...their new album is great...thanks iTMS

thekaiser
May 29, 2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by thekaiser
Coldplay...there new album is great...thanks iTMS

Ok...i am retarded. I did not look over my post. It should be "their album"...sorry for the bad english.

tazo
May 29, 2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by thekaiser
Ok...i am retarded. I did not look over my post. It should be "their album"...sorry for the bad english.

tiz ok:p just go up to the post with the so called bad english, and far right, click 'edit', then you can edit the post to say 'their', and not there :)

-tazo

maradong
May 29, 2003, 12:34 PM
ottis redding - Sitting on the dock of the bay

thekaiser
May 29, 2003, 12:46 PM
tiz ok:p just go up to the post with the so called bad english, and far right, click 'edit', then you can edit the post to say 'their', and not there :)

-tazo

Thanks man. I have never edited my posts before. I will be sure to do that from now on. Good day.

guitargeek
May 29, 2003, 04:45 PM
Right now I'm listening to Presto-Allegro assai from Beethoven's 9th Symphony.

powder8
May 29, 2003, 05:34 PM
Built to Spill
Pavement
Modest Mouse
Blackalicious
Radiohead
Kruder & Dorfmeister
Nightmares on Wax
DJ Shadow
Nirvana

trebblekicked
May 29, 2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by powder8
Built to Spill
Pavement
Modest Mouse
Blackalicious
Radiohead
Kruder & Dorfmeister
Nightmares on Wax
DJ Shadow
Nirvana

couldn't have put it better myself...

right now i'm listening to Mission Venice by Nightmares on Wax....

King Cobra
May 29, 2003, 07:20 PM
Incubus -- Glass

From the S.C.I.E.N.C.E album. If you have a sub, play the beg. of the song loud.

Yo, [g]rossfyter, if you're reading this, I still listen to this album you suggested a while back.

wdlove
May 29, 2003, 07:41 PM
Minority Report by John Williams for the original motion picture score

pivo6
May 29, 2003, 07:55 PM
American IV - Johnny Cash
Melli Melli - Checb Mami

MrMacMan
May 29, 2003, 08:27 PM
Daft Punk
'Da Funk'

Next will be NOFX's
'Franco Un-American;

iGav
May 30, 2003, 05:21 AM
Todays abit of a hotty... so I'm coming over all ambient pop....

St Etienne 'Sound Of Water'
R.E.M. 'Reveal'
Groove Armada 'Vertigo'
Elastica 'Elastica'
Curve 'Come Clean'
Adrian Utley + Mount Vernon 'Arts Lab'

It's going to be a hotty again today.... we were hotter than Athens yesterday!! :D

tazo
May 30, 2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by maradong
ottis redding - Sitting on the dock of the bay

how old school!:D :D

<----puts on 'whats going on?' ;)

wdlove
May 30, 2003, 10:05 AM
"Frank Sinatra: Duets"

Luther Vandross
Aretha Franklin
Barbara Streisnad
Gloria Estefan
Tony Bennett
Natalie Cole
Liza Minnelli
Carly Simon

Mr. Anderson
May 30, 2003, 10:23 AM
Ok, no more daily updates - and for all of you who have contributed so much, I give you a free

song (http://bau2.uibk.ac.at/sg/python/Sounds/spam_song.au)

to download and put in your play list ;):p

D