PDA

View Full Version : My switching experiance

MetallicPenguin
May 25, 2003, 08:05 PM
Well I was watching the switch ads back during the summer, and finally got the nerve to go over to Apple's website and make fun of the macs...then realized they were awesome, persuaded my parents for about a month, and then kept checking back...and finally bought my mac! Unfortunatly, 3 days afterwards, Jaguar was announced and I still had to pay the $129! Three days off! Oh well, it was worth it.

Roger1
May 25, 2003, 08:25 PM
OOOOOOO, too bad :(
I think they were offering it to people who bought Macs in the previous 90 days to announcing Jag, for something like 19.99. I think you really missed out (those in the know correct me if I'm wrong). Anyway, glad you like your Mac. What kind did you get?

MetallicPenguin
May 25, 2003, 08:30 PM
Yeah they were offeing it for 19.99 for anyone who bought a mac the day of or after the announcement of Jaguar. I think I bought mine on the 14th, and they announced it on the 17th or something.

I got a flat-panel iMac. Very nice, although I 'll prolly keep it for 2 more months or so, donate it to my school (or sell it on eBay), then by another one or maybe a Power Mac.

But I did get my free subscription to Macworld (the magazine not the conferences) on the bright side.

Vlade
May 25, 2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by MetallicPenguin
mac! Unfortunatly, 3 days afterwards, Jaguar was announced and I still had to pay the $129! Three days off! Oh well, it was worth it.

Thats why i love macrumors.com :)

MetallicPenguin
May 25, 2003, 10:07 PM
Yeah that was back when way ere I knew about this site. If I didn't know about this site I'd prolly buy a Power Mac with 10.2 right now, and then the 970 and 10.3 would come out.:p

tazo
May 25, 2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by MetallicPenguin
Yeah they were offeing it for 19.99 for anyone who bought a mac the day of or after the announcement of Jaguar. I think I bought mine on the 14th, and they announced it on the 17th or something.

I got a flat-panel iMac. Very nice, although I 'll prolly keep it for 2 more months or so, donate it to my school (or sell it on eBay), then by another one or maybe a Power Mac.

But I did get my free subscription to Macworld (the magazine not the conferences) on the bright side.

Allow me to be blatant rude and point out that you must be very well off if you can 'donate' a flat panel imac. wow.

sparkleytone
May 25, 2003, 11:33 PM
so where in NC are ya?

MetallicPenguin
May 26, 2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by tazo
Allow me to be blatant rude and point out that you must be very well off if you can 'donate' a flat panel imac. wow.

No, thats just what my mother said was a possibility, and either way the only reason I would do it would be to get a Mac into my school, all we have are pc's.

I live outside of Winston-Salem.