PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody live in the bay area?

applemacdude
May 26, 2003, 12:37 AM
Does anybody live in the bay area?.....just courious...

MPTV-Ti
May 26, 2003, 12:55 AM
i live in san francisco

macktheknife
May 26, 2003, 01:35 AM
Yup, East Bay. BTW, if anyone in the Bay Area is interested, I might be selling a TiBook in late June. (I would rather show the perspective buyer the actual computer.) PM if you are indeed interested.

iGav
May 26, 2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by MPTV-Ti
i live in san francisco

Total envy... I'd love to move to San-Francisco... or Tomales Bay...

That or Seattle.... :)

jefhatfield
May 27, 2003, 08:47 PM
when i was younger, i wanted to move there (san francisco)

but i am happy in the rural regions of the south bay...less congested...for now

Flowbee
May 27, 2003, 09:06 PM
Alameda... where the "freeway" scene in Matrix Reloded was filmed. :D

Royal Pineapple
May 28, 2003, 02:02 AM
Marin

Steradian
May 28, 2003, 02:22 AM
San Jose baby, I go to San Jose High Academy Tee hee. :D

unfaded
May 28, 2003, 02:55 AM
When college is not in session (like now), I live in Pleasanton in the East Bay. Otherwise I live in Southern California in a town called Claremont.

true777
May 28, 2003, 02:59 AM
I live in both Palo Alto and San Francisco, am grad student in Computer Human Interction at Stanford University.

mactastic
May 28, 2003, 09:54 AM
Its not really in the Bay Area proper but I lived in Santa Cruz most of my life, and will be moving up to the area in about a year when I finish my masters degree in architecture down here in san luis obispo. Ahh only 1 more year and my decade of college will finally be over.

jefhatfield
May 28, 2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by mactastic
Its not really in the Bay Area proper but I lived in Santa Cruz most of my life, and will be moving up to the area in about a year when I finish my masters degree in architecture down here in san luis obispo. Ahh only 1 more year and my decade of college will finally be over.

once a mustang...always a mustang;)

mactastic
May 28, 2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
once a mustang...always a mustang;)
Haha! Wonder how many other colleges out there have tractor pull teams?

applemacdude
May 28, 2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Flowbee
Alameda... where the "freeway" scene in Matrix Reloded was filmed. :D

cool:D

jefhatfield
May 28, 2003, 10:40 AM
Haha! Wonder how many other colleges out there have tractor pull teams?

back when i went to cal poly over twenty years ago, the school was known for two things

the agricultural school with its cowboys

and the architectural school which was the first major there to challenge the aggie stronghold on the school

now, when i see the school, it's so cosmopolitan and hip and there are tons of majors like any other school...part of the charm of the old cal poly was that it was more like a farmer's market or county fair than a school...now, everybody looks so studious and there are actually people in the library

when i went, that library was literally empty all the time:p

strider42
May 28, 2003, 11:03 AM
I just moved from Pleasanton to Piedmont (Oakland Hills), went to school at Cal, went to High school In Danville/San Ramon. Work in San Ramon.

Hopefully the weather starts acting normal. Its been pretty nice the last couple of days. Of course, when you live on the Berkeley side of the caldecott weather is a bit more unpredictable anyway.

applemacdude
May 28, 2003, 11:10 AM
i live in east oakland

pickles
May 28, 2003, 12:37 PM
I live at Allamo Square in San Francisco.

Tomasz
May 28, 2003, 12:55 PM
Berkeley :)
And its soooo beautiful today so go outside, and if you can't get away from macrumors, take the computer with you and go to a cafe :)

vniow
May 28, 2003, 01:49 PM
Yo, I'm about 20 miles or so outside Santa Cruz.http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251585

Glossybear
May 28, 2003, 01:50 PM
SoBaAr

Santa Cruz as well. We have a Bay too!

But making the big move to LA in August...

Anybody hireing?

mactastic
May 28, 2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by vniow
Yo, I'm about 20 miles or so outside Santa Cruz.http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251585
NICEEEE!:D Which way?

vniow
May 28, 2003, 02:09 PM
NICEEEE!:D Which way?

East and a bit south I think, in the San Lorenzo Valley.

mactastic
May 28, 2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by vniow
East and a bit south I think, in the San Lorenzo Valley.
You are lucky! I grew up in Aptos, down the road, then spent a few years living in the Ben Lomond/Boulder Creek area. That was my favorite place I lived the whole time. God I miss those hills. And the Boulder Creek Brewery and Henflings.:D

vniow
May 28, 2003, 02:30 PM
You are lucky! I grew up in Aptos, down the road, then spent a few years living in the Ben Lomond/Boulder Creek area. That was my favorite place I lived the whole time. God I miss those hills. And the Boulder Creek Brewery and Henflings.:D

You actually liked it here? Personally I can't stand it, don't really know why, just doesn't fit me for some reason...wanna trade?

I live in Boulder Creek actually, way on the edge though, right before you get to the hellish curves of HW9, never been to Henflings though....

mactastic
May 28, 2003, 05:57 PM
Haha! I know, everyone who grew up in the hills wants out as soon as possible huh. I had/have a bunch of friends up there, so I wasn't ever bored. The only thing that sucked was when i lived there I was driving from BC to Aptos for work, then from there over 17 to Saratoga for school, then back over Bear Creek Road to home. Didn't leave much time to be bored up in them hills. I think if I was going to do it again, I would live up Empire Grade somewhere. Highway 9 is a major pain sometimes, although there's alot of good memories up there. I got married at Highland park, but it was after I had moved away from the area. Ah memories! Any time you want to trade though... I hope you like cowboys (or cowgirls)!

billyboy
May 28, 2003, 06:16 PM
I lived in Cupertino once upon a time. Does that count? A great place for a single red blooded Brit to see a bit of life, although the experience I had, its hard to say "real life". I remember meeting a septagenarian gold prospector with one testicle - so he told me - a very vivacious drop dead blond bombshell who nearly married me, and a scary Colombian with connections. My only connection with Cupertino now is living in the mountains in a boring little town using a Powerbook.

vniow
May 28, 2003, 06:26 PM
Any time you want to trade though... I hope you like cowboys (or cowgirls)!

Either one's fine by me..http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=257466

applemacdude
May 30, 2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by billyboy
I lived in Cupertino once upon a time. Does that count? A great place for a single red blooded Brit to see a bit of life, although the experience I had, its hard to say "real life". I remember meeting a septagenarian gold prospector with one testicle - so he told me - a very vivacious drop dead blond bombshell who nearly married me, and a scary Colombian with connections. My only connection with Cupertino now is living in the mountains in a boring little town using a Powerbook.

it does count

zed
May 30, 2003, 09:01 PM
My brother just moved to Benicia (did i spell that right?) I went to visit him a couple of weeks ago... and I loved it.... in fact, if the things that I have going here dont work out.... I may be looking to relocate ;) You guys have very beautiful surroundings.... i love the mountains... and Lake Tahoe was just to die for :)