PDA

View Full Version : Best Armband for Running?

Kalns
Feb 9, 2007, 07:45 PM
I'm going to get a Nano soon and I was wondering what the best armband for running would be? Oh and I intend to use the Nike iPod kit so it has to work with that attachment thing. Thanks!

gog
Feb 9, 2007, 10:57 PM
I'm going to get a Nano soon and I was wondering what the best armband for running would be? Oh and I intend to use the Nike iPod kit so it has to work with that attachment thing. Thanks!

The best option is the Nike+ nano armband (see the apple online shop). I have a standard apple nano armband, which is just fine too. Except I had to make a hole in the botton with a sharp knife so the Nike+ reciever would poke through, and I wear it upside down so that the headphone jack is directed straight up under my t-shirt sleeve.
This works very well.
Make sure you join the macrumors nike+ running club when you're set up - we have some motivating challenges going each month!

spicyapple
Feb 9, 2007, 11:23 PM
Heh. I just put the nano in my pocket. :)

If you've never used an armband before, I'll tell you my experience with the previous mini armband was less than pleasant. It kept sliding off my arm...

7ttman
Feb 10, 2007, 05:51 AM
i've been running for longer than I've been living and my experience is "don't bother"

spend the money of a pair of ron-hill roadsters instead and tuck the nano into the inside pocket... thread the wires up between your teeshirt and jacket so they don't get "in the way" as you pound up the hills

Lau
Feb 10, 2007, 06:32 AM
Make your own. :D

(The lurid stripy sweatband is covered by long sleeves for the winter I plan to get hold of a black one once I get my arms out :p )

Kalns
Feb 10, 2007, 07:15 AM
Pocketed shorts it is then. I was reading up on the Nike armband and I noticed how small everyone was saying it was. I'm a big guy so that wouldn't work for me.

mashinhead
Feb 10, 2007, 04:07 PM
i second the nike, i mean you kinda answered your own question when you said it had to work with nike +. I've had two nike armbands the current one and the previous. Both recommended. THe new one though hides the nano, so you can't see the screen or controls which suck. oh and that nike + running tracker has an RFID in it, from what i've read you can be tracked. Plus you have to by a new one when the battery dies. any way that's my .02