PDA

View Full Version : switched for good

o187em
May 26, 2003, 10:48 PM
Hi my name is alex. My Mac oddysey began a about 2 years ago. I went into Circuit City and fell in love with the Ti Powerbook and a couple of weeks later decided to buy myself one. I couldnt afford the top of the line G4 550 so I went for the 400mhz one. Now I was a PCholic back in those days. I built my own PC and upgraded it about every 6 months with the latest and greatest thing available. But once I got my Powerbook I stopped. I had that Powerbook for about 6 months and unfortunately had to sell it because my wife was pregnant and we needed some money. But I could never get my beatiful Powerbook out of my mind. Then in August 2002 I found this website Macraffle.com and decided to buy a raffle ticket. Low and behold I won an Imac G4 17", and my life was great. I was a little worried when the site was shut down and I was contacted by an Ohio state Attorney. It seemed that Macraffle was illegaly running an online gambling site and the feds were on to them. But the attorney informed me that they just needed to berify that everyone who won actually got their prize and I had nothing to worry about. "GREAT NEWS FOR AT LEAST FOR THE MOMENT". Around January 2003 my cars transmission started acting up to the sum of $1300.00 "bye bye iMac". Again I had to sell my precious Mac, I was bummed. went back to using my now outdated PC and hated every second of it. But this story has a happy ending. Got my Income tax return in March "a cool $4,000 thank you President bush for the lovely tax cuts" and went out and bought me a new 17" G4 Imac. Life is now great again, I also canabalized my old PC and sold it off bit by bit. Well thats my story thanks for reading it hope it didnt bore you. I aint ever going back to Windows

mymemory
May 26, 2003, 11:06 PM
All that is good but I recomend you to get a new job:rolleyes:

beatle888
May 26, 2003, 11:29 PM
mymemory what the?

that is a horrible thing to say.

nagromme
Jun 19, 2003, 01:46 AM
Wow, good luck and bad!

If your kid has a college fund, you can always raid that for a PowerMac 970 :)