PDA

View Full Version : Jobs forgot to show off iCal??

lu0s3r322
Feb 10, 2007, 12:02 PM
I was watching the keynote and when he demos the phone part of the iPhone he says he wants to show off the phone, photos, iCal, and SMS texting features. He goes thru the phone, then the sms texting and photos but I wonder why he didn't show off iCal features.

psycoswimmer
Feb 10, 2007, 12:06 PM
I was watching the keynote and when he demos the phone part of the iPhone he says he wants to show off the phone, photos, iCal, and SMS texting features. He goes thru the phone, then the sms texting and photos but I wonder why he didn't show off iCal features.

Probably a time limit. He talked about the iPhone for a very long time as it is.

Feb 10, 2007, 12:06 PM

Maybe because it is just a very simple, yet elegant app, that we already know petty well. I don't think you can innovate iCal a lot more.
But you never know, it's Apple we are talking about. Whatever Apple makes haves a mystery behind:cool:

Fearless Leader
Feb 10, 2007, 12:10 PM
Id say the time limit.

BoyBach
Feb 10, 2007, 12:14 PM
Maybe it wasn't ready to be shown.

ReanimationLP
Feb 10, 2007, 11:43 PM
It has been said that some of the buttons were just place-holders, maybe he goofed and then remembered that it was yet, a place-holder. The product is still deep in development.

Stella
Feb 11, 2007, 06:40 PM
That bit of functionality probably wasn't complete on the iPhone, or, SJ didn't think it was interesting enough to put into the keynote.

I can't imagine for one minute that Apple would ship the iPhone without an iCal application that syncs OSX <-> iPhone.

dllavaneras
Feb 11, 2007, 07:06 PM
I'd say both time limit and a glitchy app.

buffalo
Feb 21, 2007, 06:48 PM
This must've been cut before the Keynote, because I would think that there would be slides about iCal in the Keynote. It just doesn't seem like it would be because of time... I would think they would have practiced and known how long the speech would take beforehand.

BigPrince
Feb 21, 2007, 06:49 PM
i was shocked how long he did spend on the iPhone.

netdog
Mar 4, 2007, 06:03 AM
It isn't like he has to finish at a certain time.

mjstew33
Mar 4, 2007, 09:38 AM
I think he does have to finish at a certain time, actually.

BigPrince
Mar 4, 2007, 09:42 AM
Well there are sessions that start i think between 11-12, so you have a huge chunk of the people that would be missing out a session that may of paid well over 1k for.

vincebio
Mar 4, 2007, 09:43 AM
I don't think you can innovate iCal a lot more.

why do i get the feeling you will be eating those words at some point in the near future...;)

this is why apple are top class....they see things most people dont

FunFred2007
Mar 9, 2007, 07:32 AM
From the hands-on reviews I have read, it was not a time limit. When they tried to go to the calendar app, it was simply an image of what it would look like. So that means it was too glitchy.

OldManJimbo
Mar 14, 2007, 12:59 AM
I don't think you can innovate iCal a lot more.

Sorry - but iCal is actually the Mac app I am least happy with. There is SO much more it could do.

Don't hear what I'm not saying - iCal does have some nice functions, but as someone who uses the calendar A LOT - I can come up with quite a few things I'd like to see it do:

Better output choices for printing lists of activities
More precise choices for alarms on tasks
Ability to drag an event from the Day or Week view over to the little Month view and drop it on a certain date
Ability to print a list from the sort/search function - so I can search for everything I did for a certain client and then print it out
Ability to search for - and then print - a list of activities by calendar. So I can find and print out all the airline trips I took last year.
On the Month view - the ability to scroll through more than just the one month that comes up. Helpful if I'm looking at a set of activities that span more than the single month.

mattscott306
Mar 14, 2007, 09:25 AM
If iCal were to see an overhaul, I'd greatly appreciate it. I need used it for the first couple semesters of my college life to keep track of papers and whatnot, but the usability of it, I really didn't feel was that great. Maybe iLife '07 or Leopard will show iCal some love...