Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JSRockit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2002
NYC
My new 10GB (new version) iPod's battery seems to drain even when it is supposedly turned off. My other iPod...which once you pressed the pause/play button to turn it off...and then turn it back on it would not continue on the song that you turned it off on. My new iPod, once I turn it back on, it continues on the same song, in the same spot...like it has just been paused for hours..which seems to drain the battery...even though the screen is off. Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
reminds me of my sleep light on my powerbook. if it sleeps for too long the computer will finally die and shut off completly. never had that problem with my pismo. hopefully remembering that doesnt take much battery life, or maybe is doesnt work with the battery at all.

iJon

JSRockit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2002
NYC
Oh yeah...I do use the hold button as well. Why do the new iPods automatically start on the song that you paused when shutting off the machine? My old one would just start on a different song when I turned it off, then on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.