PDA

View Full Version : iBook Powersupply

mrjamin
May 27, 2003, 08:46 AM
Anyone out there willing to sell a new style UK powersupply for an iBook/TiBook?

We were broken into the other night - my friend's old iBook was in our living room plugged into my charger - they stole both so now i'm without a powersupply. I know what you're thinking - "why not use the powersupply from that iBook?" - well, its broken - thats why it was charging on mine.

I'd really appreciate your help - i'm apoor student and really can't afford to buy a new one off apple - they're extortionate. So yeah, any spares out there, let me know!!

applemacdude
May 27, 2003, 12:09 PM
why dont u buy one off ebay....maybe not:) ...some websites might have the old hockey style ps for less $$

mrjamin
May 27, 2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by applemacdude
why dont u buy one off ebay....maybe not:) ...some websites might have the old hockey style ps for less $$

couldn't find any on the ebay uk site. As for the hockey style ones, they're pretty lousy - the LED integrated into the latest ones is a great idea and i'd rather have one like that.

Wardofsky
May 28, 2003, 06:38 AM
This may be stupid but wouldn't you or you're friend be covered by theft insurance?

But that really sucks, a few Apple resellers (3rd Party) may have a few 2nd hand ones that are ex-showroom.

Good luck...