PDA

View Full Version : Apple store and Gates Foundation have same number

Zaid
May 27, 2003, 08:57 AM
Saw this over at Slashdot.

Call the Apple Store, get Bill and Melinda Gates (http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/03/05/26/1958210.shtml?tid=133&tid=186)

From the /. post

The area code in Seattle is (206). Right across Lake Washington in Bellevue the area code is (425). If you're trying to reach the new Apple Store in Bellevue from Seattle, don't forget to dial the area code or you'll find yourself talking to the reception desk at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. The 7 digit number, coincidentally, is the same for both places. If you make the mistake I'm sure that the Foundation will be able to suggest some solutions to all of your Apple problems

Anyone out in that neck of the woods willing to see if this is true ?

It'd be quite funny and ironic if it was the case :)

Mr. Anderson
May 27, 2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Zaid
Saw this over at Slashdot.

Call the Apple Store, get Bill and Melinda Gates (http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/03/05/26/1958210.shtml?tid=133&tid=186)

From the /. post

Anyone out in that neck of the woods willing to see if this is true ?

It'd be quite funny and ironic if it was the case :)

Well, if its true now it probably won't be soon. That is pretty damn funny though ;)

D

mrjamin
May 27, 2003, 09:02 AM
/me chuckles to himself.

tazo
May 27, 2003, 09:03 AM
It's true :)

I just tried dialing it :)

dial 709-3100, you get Billy's number
dial 425-709-3100, you get Stevie :)

wdlove
May 27, 2003, 10:57 AM
Here in Boston we are required to dial all 10 numbers, even if you are dialing our next foor neighbor! This occured because Massachusetts mismanaged the selling of phone numbers. I'm sure that the Gates foundation isn't laughing! :p

GeneR
May 27, 2003, 01:11 PM
I doubt Apple would just "happen" to have the same number as the Bill Gates Foundation. There's a lot of planning they must have to do to find the right location, etc. for each Apple store. (Or so I believe! :D) And I would be surprised if some prankster at Apple didn't come up with this idea.

:D It makes for a good joke though doesn't it?

janey
May 27, 2003, 09:51 PM
hehe lmao :D
yup, that's true all right they have somewhat identical numbers :p

ibookin'
May 28, 2003, 02:13 AM
Since I have unlimited Night and Weekend Minutes on my cell phone AND free long distance, I just tried it from here in L.A. and it is indeed true.

Quite funny when you think about it, actually.

applemacdude
May 28, 2003, 01:02 PM
apple should fix this...dont want to get messed up with the wrong people...

voicegy
May 28, 2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by applemacdude
apple should fix this...dont want to get messed up with the wrong people...

The Gates Foundation obviously needs to change their number...that's the only solution.:D

wdlove
May 28, 2003, 07:14 PM
I would think tha if the Gates had the number first they should be allowed to keep the number. Afterall they are a nonprofit doing humanitarian work. Maybe the phone company would work with the Apple Store because of the problem!

donigian
Jun 5, 2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
Here in Boston we are required to dial all 10 numbers, even if you are dialing our next foor neighbor! This occured because Massachusetts mismanaged the selling of phone numbers. I'm sure that the Gates foundation isn't laughing! :p

Wow, that really sucks. Remind me not to move to Mass. Doesn't it kinda piss you off that you have to do that every call you make?