Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Why are you on MacRumors on a Friday night?

• I want to find out about the iWalk.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've got my flamethrower, and I'm looking for a fight.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It's Friday?!?

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Where else would I be?

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

dualburn001

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2002
hey don't feel bad

my friends all went out and I'm on the computer, but hey it's not

that bad.

Just sit down and watch the iMAC commercial over and over and

you'll feel better.

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
After working until about 7:30 (pm) I didn't feel like going out. Besides, I need to finish upgrading my landlord's computer so that I can give it back to him and get paid for it.

Got to see Stargate SG1 on Showtime... and now listening to my iPod.. :D gotta love that little bit of Apple wonder.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
being overweight and my age, it is hard to have the energy...don't laugh, you will be there someday

but saturday night is another issue...i could rest all day, eat, then go out

but tonight, i had to take an online test for my cisco studies...gross...i got an 87 which will do for me...i am not one of those cs geniuses who pull 100s week after week...darn, this cisco stuff is hard and it is never a sure thing that cisco will be around for much longer...the ceo says they have to grow at 30 percent a year, still, to just survive...good luck...it could all be in vain

...maybe i should have been out dancing my brains out til 4 am...yeah, right:p

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
friday

I worked all day today then came home and studied for a Discrete Math Midterm. then at about 1am i went out to Norms to meet some budies for some pancakes. That was my friday night.

afonso

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2002
San Francisco
Not the only one...

With too much work going on at the same time, I just stayed at home programming a Cocoa utility so I can save the titles of all my CDs...

But tomorrow I'll go out to the movies somewhere in central London. Yipppi!
:D

Later,
Afonso

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
Originally posted by jefhatfield
being overweight and my age, it is hard to have the energy...don't laugh, you will be there someday

but saturday night is another issue...i could rest all day, eat, then go out

but tonight, i had to take an online test for my cisco studies...gross...i got an 87 which will do for me...i am not one of those cs geniuses who pull 100s week after week...darn, this cisco stuff is hard and it is never a sure thing that cisco will be around for much longer...the ceo says they have to grow at 30 percent a year, still, to just survive...good luck...it could all be in vain

...maybe i should have been out dancing my brains out til 4 am...yeah, right:p

Like you, I have been learning that cisco stuff! Its a pain isn't it! When I first started taking the tests I was getting in the 90's regularly. However, I now get in the 80's. Nevermind, its a pass. They better be around for a long time becasue I have put a lot of time and money into getting the qualification.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
I like to be at home. Right now I'm very exited producing video fotage for my VJ presentations.

I'm working a lot with ArtMatic wich is a software that creates ramdom patterns and then you can create quick time movies out of them.

Is bad to wanted to go out on a friday night, that means you didn't go out enough during the week.

I'm 27 now and things change a little, when I was younger I though I was waisting my time spending a week end at home, but that is just too much energy acumulated because of the age.

I'm glad here in Venezuela we have a lots of caffes in the open air, that mean that you can go out with some one and the you will find a lot of other peole in the cafe and become a big group.

But when I was younger I decided to spend more time with my equipment because I like them a lot, and then I became an expert in midi and some other stuff. Unfortunately that doesn't make any mony here in my country. So, I decided to go with visuals then, easy to sell.

kansaigaijin

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2002
the great ether
lame friday night?

it is Saturday night in Japan.

i take the train sat morning to Osaka, 1.5 hours, to teach a class of students going to study overseas. Got to be energetic for that. And standing up for the train ride. Brutal.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Originally posted by Falleron

Like you, I have been learning that cisco stuff! Its a pain isn't it! When I first started taking the tests I was getting in the 90's regularly. However, I now get in the 80's. Nevermind, its a pass. They better be around for a long time becasue I have put a lot of time and money into getting the qualification.

i is just spying on you guys

i have no interest in becoming a roving cisco techie as i am a microsoft roving field techie and i don't want to spread myself too thin

...with microsoft there is enough to learn and then have to implement and support before one can really call themselves a true network administrator

...a BS or MS degree or mcse just won't cut it in the silicon valley unless you want to be branded a "paper tiger"...all theory and no know-how...it is the kiss of death in this field to become a paper tiger, so get good experience in your lab at school or in your house before you even put out your first resume

trust this old 38 year old newbie...i learned the hard way and in silicon valley, so now i am back tracking and i am just a network engineer/analyst/help desk/client side/technician, but i don't dare call myself an administrator...that is usually the guy who has the very last say on a network...one that he/she usually designed and set up

all the non techies in a biz will call you a network administrator not knowing any other terminology

there is only one certification, network techie side, that is considered a season professional right out of school...that is the CCIE or cisco certified internetworking expert and it is known as the phd of the networking certifications...but after the CCNA, it's at least another five years for that designation

the silicon valley is brutal and letters behind names don't mean jack unless it says CEO or ccie (if you are a techie)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.