PDA

View Full Version : Blantant Bias: The Worst Thing You've Said to a PC User

patrick0brien
May 27, 2003, 06:50 PM
-All

In the spirit of, and inspired by, Tazo's "the worst question a pc user has aksed you", what is the worst thing you've said to a PC user in response to what you may consider a "dumb" thing to say?

Note: I am a PC user as well <shock><gasp>, as I suspect most others here are, this thread is for responses to dumb things like:

"But it's a Mac."
"Mac's suck."
"Does it come with the internet?"
"I won't buy the Mac because it doesn't have the Internet. With a normal computer, the box it comes in says that the Internet is included. The Mac boxes say something about Ethernet. So, Ethernet is like the Internet for Mac. What does 10/100/1000 mean? Is that like the number of Web sites you can go to on this Ethernet, depending on your membership level? I need to be compatible with the real world, so I won't buy a computer that doesn't already have the Internet."-Atributed by arogge

tazo
May 27, 2003, 06:54 PM
Thread stealer :D jkjk

Prolly something along the lines of:
Yeah? Well the mac is really easy, just like your mom.

-tazo

P-Worm
May 27, 2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by tazo
Thread stealer :D jkjk

Prolly something along the lines of:
Yeah? Well the mac is really easy, just like your mom.

-tazo

And Microsoft's security is loose, just like your mom.

P-Worm

springscansing
May 27, 2003, 08:42 PM
I told them to **** off and shut the **** up and get the **** away from me.

O:-)

Mr. Anderson
May 27, 2003, 08:46 PM
Anyone going to have anything constructive to say or is this going to be wasteland material....

I think the worst thing I've said is 'But I have a Mac....' to a PC user that's venting about their PC to me and not getting any sympathy. :D

Although, I have to admit there are times when I'm just as irate at my mac, but its more fun knowing that at least I can usually fix my problems.

D

Stelliform
May 27, 2003, 09:55 PM
I know I have told at least 10 PC users when they have asked me, "Do most people have this problem?" I say, "Well most Microsoft users." Then they usually say, "Well do you have these problems?" and I say, "Nope, I use a Mac." Gets em everytime. :)

tazo
May 27, 2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by P-Worm
And Microsoft's security is loose, just like your mom.

P-Worm

dude. a joke isn't funny when you just put different names in :)

Anderson, buddy, honestly no :)

maraczc
May 27, 2003, 10:09 PM
dude. a joke isn't funny when you just put different names in :)

Anderson, buddy, honestly no :)

Give him a break, he was just mentioning that there is another variation of the joke.

tazo
May 27, 2003, 10:10 PM
Hey changing the circumstances of the chicken doesn't make the chicken/cross/road joke funny :o

mim
May 27, 2003, 10:29 PM
"Yeah, well stick THIS in your frickin' PC"

(It was a floppy with the Love Letter virus on it that someone had given to me as a joke. The funniest bit then was ofcourse I had no floppy drive...duh!)

mcrain
May 27, 2003, 10:30 PM
Hey changing the circumstances of the chicken doesn't make the chicken/cross/road joke funny :o

And dried beef is still just Jerky. :rolleyes:

sparkleytone
May 27, 2003, 10:37 PM
i think one of my favorite things to say to a pc user comes because of my job. people come to me cause their pc's aren't working right...and if i actually have to sit down to fix it (5+ mins) then i say 'yeah sorry i'm taking so long, i've been using a mac for 2 yrs now so im used to computers doing what i tell it to.'

tazo
May 27, 2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by mcrain
And dried beef is still just Jerky. :rolleyes:

don't think I didn't get that.

pianojoe
May 27, 2003, 11:09 PM
Thanks for your email alert on the xyz computer virus. Please note: This virus only destroys systems using Microsoft Windows as an operating system AND Outlook Express as email client. So please don't just forward virus alert emails to everybody in your address book - there might be people who don't use Windows or Outlook! In blindly forwarding that email you contribute to network congestion (which could itself be regarded as virus-induced malice).

By the way, I'm using an Apple Macintosh computer which works absolutely fine, and I haven't seen a virus in years. (Cool, isn't it? I never have to reinstall my system, and if I want to uninstall an application, I simply drag it to the trash. I don't have to register my computer with the system manufacturer either.)

By the way, thanks for disclosing all your email aquaintances to me. I'm not sure wether you meant to do that, though.

Have a good time!

ibookin'
May 28, 2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by sparkleytone
i think one of my favorite things to say to a pc user comes because of my job. people come to me cause their pc's aren't working right...and if i actually have to sit down to fix it (5+ mins) then i say 'yeah sorry i'm taking so long, i've been using a mac for 2 yrs now so im used to computers doing what i tell it to.'

Yeah, when I'm fixing someone or helping someone with their Windows computers (especially my dad, he hasn't switched and I like to rub it in his face when his computer doesn't work :D), I like to mention that such problems don't occur on the Mac.

For instance, one time I was fixing a teachers computer at the high school where I help out, and she asked if many of the computers in the school had the particular problem hers was having (bad NIC drivers), and I said that computers like this (running Windows) do, but the Macs (I pointed to the one across the room) don't.

She decided that she was going to use the iMac from now on. That's what I usually recommend to the teachers whos PCs don't work. They all have iMac 500s in their classrooms, so they should use them.

PC Clone
May 28, 2003, 03:31 AM
I just send them to this article:
http://macnet2.com/more.php?id=338_0_1_0

caveman_uk
May 28, 2003, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by PC Clone
I just send them to this article:
http://macnet2.com/more.php?id=338_0_1_0
Why do you come here when you

a) Don't own a mac

b) probably never will

No job? No girlfriend? No life? Can't buy a beer yet? You obviously like being flamed...

PC Clone
May 28, 2003, 04:01 AM
Balance my friend... balance...

And only immature people "flame"... I don't flame anyone therefore wouldn't expect anyone else to flame me...

springscansing
May 28, 2003, 04:06 AM
I donno man.. if you can't buy beer you're obviously a loser..

What the ass kinda logic is this?

gerror
May 28, 2003, 04:08 AM
I'm allways playing the smart*ss at work where we have pc's. If a machine has a virus or it is not working, I allways mention the fact I have a Mac.
And I have a screensaver wich only shows my desktop from my mac at home. Everybody thinks it looks cool :)

mrjamin
May 28, 2003, 04:49 AM
perhaps a better question is "what's the worst thing you've ever said to a pc?"

Perhaps not - the worst thing i've ever said would just be replaced by an array of *'s on here.

loneAzdgari
May 28, 2003, 04:59 AM
PC Clone, If you believe any of that complete rubbish in that article you are a fecking moron, its just a rant by an idiot PC user, pretending to be a Mac User. Okay, its true that Microsoft is going to get more sales with their music service, but look who they are copying, Apple. Also this new 19in longhorn powered pc isnt coming out until 2005, and what are the features?
A single wire from computer to monitor = ADC,
A widescreen monitor = Studio Display,
a cube shaped computer = G4 Cube, Longhorn with graphics accelerated GUI = Quartz Extreme.
Built in Bluetooth = Apple built in bluetooth

And why is he blaming Apple for a comments system, that he implemented?

And now, after apple releases a 17in laptop, what have several PC makers announced, 17in PC laptops!!

The reality is that Apple is ahead of the entire wintel world, not in sales but innovation, without apple we would be stuck with huge beige boxes, crt screens and massive laptops.

So basically all the arguement he has is that AAC is a bad format (which isnt true)
and that Apple has bad customer support.

Give it up.

PC Clone
May 28, 2003, 05:14 AM
Looks like you should have gone to the Hamster Dance :D

mrjamin
May 28, 2003, 05:20 AM
as for the customer support issue - i've been quite impressed with apple.

With a pc - you get ok(ish) customer support if you buy an entire system from a big name (like dell, tiny, time etc..) BUT you get completely ripped off. If you build your own, your parts are covered by crappy manufacturers warranties where you have to liase directly with them if you want to get anything achieved!

I've had a couple of problems with my iBook, both pretty heavy ones too; it's never been gone more than 4 days and they've collected it from me within 48hrs of me calling them.

loneAzdgari
May 28, 2003, 05:25 AM
So, why couldnt this man just say we are fed up with constant flames on the comments and that is why we are not reviewing mac software anymore, he had to make it 4 pages long.:mad: