Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nicrose

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Does anyone know what an "ad pick-up" is? It's a term I found on a job posting for an ad company.
I looked it up on wikipedia, but no luck.

Thanks.
Nicrose
MacBook Pro user

bigus7674

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2005
ad pick up

can you post the link to the job posting; might be easier to decipher the meaning to see the context in which they are using the term.

EDIT* from what i can see, ad pick up would be the process of sending the ad out to the corresponding publication to be published...usually by uploading the file(s) to the publications FTP site or emailing them. So, it appears to be more of a production type of position rather than a design-based (ie actually designing the ads) position....

Idioteque

macrumors member
May 5, 2005
I work for a design and branding firm, and we produce a monthly magazine. For us the term "pick-up" means using an ad from a previous issue of the mag. So instead of having to design an ad, it would say pick-up from Feb issue. Meaning we would have to find the pdf of the ad from Feb issue and use it in the March issue.

nicrose

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Hi Thanks

To the last responder:
I think you were right about it meaning pick-up from the last issue. It sounded like a production job. ick.:(
thanks for your help.

nicrose
macbookpro user

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.