Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheCreeper

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2007
Well I spilled juice on my old iBook G4 keyboard. I tried to clean it up but of course the keys stick now. I tried my best with cleaning the keys and some of them have stopped sticking but others are “stuck”. When I pulled the keyboard off I noticed the juice got to the airport area. It’s all dried now. So I cleaned that up. While I was doing this I had it on. Maybe a dumb move. The screen went GREY. So I had to hold down the power button to restart. Well the keys are sticking really badly and the screen has gone GREY one more time. Two times the computer just shut off by itself. Is it safe to assume that there is something seriously wrong with my old iBook G4? The wife tells me to fix it. I say lets go get the Macbook and get with the times. She does not want to. She thinks that buying a new keyboard and a new battery (it doesn’t charge anymore) is a better option. I disagree.

Thoughts?

Comments?

Ideas on how to convince wife to go to Apple Store this Saturday to purchase $1099 Macbook (She is actually attending a masters program so we should get the $50 off no?)

Stadsport

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2006
If it continues to just shut off randomly like that, it's likely the logic board, meaning you'll have to pay a buttload in repairs/parts anyways if you were to fix it. Otherwise keyboard/battery WOULD be cheaper, but obviously you wouldn't get a shiny new MacBook.
Yeah, shouldn't have left it on. :p

TheCreeper

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2007
If it continues to just shut off randomly like that, it's likely the logic board, meaning you'll have to pay a buttload in repairs/parts anyways if you were to fix it. Otherwise keyboard/battery WOULD be cheaper, but obviously you wouldn't get a shiny new MacBook.
Yeah, shouldn't have left it on. :p

what about the screen going grey?

i know i should have shut down. ooops. but maybe it was just me thinking, "Yes new Macbook new Macbook"

How much is a keyboard? not that i want to go that route at all but...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.