Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
I'm using the latest firmware on my iPod (with the gapless playback) and I noticed that while a song is playing, navigation (scrolling through artists or selecting things) is really sluggish or laggy (for the lack of better words). I don't remember the iPod doing this before I upgraded to the newest firmware. It's too bad because it used to be silky smooth when scrolling through songs even if a song was playing.

My other problem is. I turned on "Display Album Artwork on your iPod" and for some strange reason, it still doesn't show the Album art (Even though most of my songs have art attached to them).

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
I'm using the latest firmware on my iPod (with the gapless playback) and I noticed that while a song is playing, navigation (scrolling through artists or selecting things) is really sluggish or laggy (for the lack of better words). I don't remember the iPod doing this before I upgraded to the newest firmware. It's too bad because it used to be silky smooth when scrolling through songs even if a song was playing.

My other problem is. I turned on "Display Album Artwork on your iPod" and for some strange reason, it still doesn't show the Album art (Even though most of my songs have art attached to them).

I've noticed that my 5G is more sluggish than my nano was, but mainly in video playback. During audio I've not had trouble. I noticed that on my nano there was a short period of time right when a track started that it would respond slowly to input, which I expect the 5G act similarly to. I assumed it was just buffering the file and got to me after it finished. Never been a hindrance for me, sorry I'm not much help. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.