Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mass Hysteria

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Hello

I am happy with the photo side of the G7, but have found that when I play back recorded movies, there is a loud constant high pitched whistle on the audio.

This happens with all settings except compact (probably because compact doesnt record with enough audio range for anything high pitched?)

Does anyone else get this noise or has my camera got a fault? :confused:

HckySo

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2006
turn around
I doubt you'll be able to fix it, my friends all have these Nikon Coolpix cameras all from 2200s to L4s (pretty much all the Nikon Coolpix Point and Shoots) and they all make the same repetitive clicking noise throughout all the video.:mad:

Point and shoots are horrible for videos, it's almost as bad as a camera phone taking a video. I know someone who has a G2 so I'll ask him about that when I see him later.

Mass Hysteria

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
thanks for the reply, the camera is still under warranty so I could send it back. I just found a vid on dpreview for the G7 and it doesnt have the same whistle so it could be this particular camera

I would like to know if anyone else has it though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.