Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phillyabe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2007
I have a movie in quicktime that I can watch on my laptop, but when I burn it to a DVD it will not work on my home DVD player. I'm assuming it is becasue they are different formats?

How can i take a quicktime file and make it so that I can watch it on the separate DVD player connected to my TV?

Thanks

Phillyabe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2007
I do but it doesn't just let me drag and place. unfortunatly that's the extent of my Mac knowledge ... "drag this here and that there."

mac000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2005
I have a movie in quicktime that I can watch on my laptop, but when I burn it to a DVD it will not work on my home DVD player. I'm assuming it is becasue they are different formats?

How can i take a quicktime file and make it so that I can watch it on the separate DVD player connected to my TV?

Thanks

You'll have to user a program like Toast to make a 'DVD Video', the program will have to convert the quicktime files to your 'dvd format'. OR, you could buy apple's 'apple'TV haha,

thegrandmaster

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2007
Valhalla!
Ok here goes.

Hope this works for you,

the video you have in Quicktime, as long as its supported by the App itself and not a plugin, will open in iMovie as well.

Open iMovie and create a new project and drag your clip right on in there, it should go in and appear on a timeline at the bottom. Now that its there, check you can hear the sound by playing it back.

Now you're in iMovie you can go to the share button along the top bar and select iMovie, this is iMovie 6 btw, it is different for earlier versions, not that different though.

When you've used the share option it should open iDVD and you just have to choose how you want the menus to appear on your TV and stuff, or if you're not bothered about that, just hit burn disc with a compatible blank DVD in.

Leave to whirr for however long is necessary. When complete extract DVD and fire into your nearest player, enjoy!

If you have any trouble just ask.

Phillyabe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2007
I tried these options and it says the Quicktime file is toolarge. Is there anyway to split the large file into more than one DVD?

Annhilater1985

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2009
Very Simple

google mac burn download burn, install, open, click tab that says video, click the pull down list and click dvd, drag your video file into it, name it, and click burn, when it asks you if you want to convert click yes, it will convert to mpeg 2 and will burn disk upon completion and presto.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.