PDA

View Full Version : Pixar profiled on 60 Minutes II tonight

pmac933
May 28, 2003, 07:10 PM
Thought I'd give everyone a last-minute heads up on this story. I'm sure that some people here would like to see it.

wdlove
May 28, 2003, 07:23 PM
Yes, I saw an advertisment for the show on Monday during "CSI: Miami" During the commerical they showed a 17" PowerBook. I wonder if they will interview Steve Jobs? It will be shown at 9pm EDT! :cool:

MacFan25
May 28, 2003, 07:50 PM
I may take a couple mins. to watch a little bit of it. I hope that this new movie does good at the box office!

MrMacMan
May 28, 2003, 08:42 PM
Any good/bad news?

Probably all for Nemo and The next one "The Incredibles"

I hear The Incredibles is gonna be the biggest one yet, from what people have seen it is told me to totally kicking.

Wardofsky
May 28, 2003, 09:48 PM
Here in Australia we have 60 minutes but even if a good company is on the show they always have to add dramatic lighting effects and a heart burning storyline.

As little Pixar struggles through the world of big animation companies, it finds that it has a weak heart.

More after these commercials...

jelloshotsrule
May 28, 2003, 10:20 PM
stupid finding nemo. anyone who sees my movie compares it to it... bah on pixar

those damn amazing geniuses.. hah

andrewlandry
May 28, 2003, 11:19 PM
thanks for the tip. i watched it and it was actually pretty good. john lasseter is so cool. he's proof that you don't have to be evil to have genius.

tazo
May 28, 2003, 11:29 PM
as far as i am concerned, MI was the last good pixar movie.

jelloshotsrule
May 29, 2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by tazo
as far as i am concerned, MI was the last good pixar movie.

perhaps because it WAS the last pixar movie at all? :rolleyes:

wdlove
May 29, 2003, 02:57 PM
I watched the segment and thoroughly enjoyed the interviews. A good thing to take away is that the workers at Pixar are kid's at heart. From the second interview with Steve, it appears that he feels Pixar has attained stature. He's looking to negotiate a better deal with Disney! :)

MacFan25
May 29, 2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
He's looking to negotiate a better deal with Disney! :)
Yeah, I watched it too. I thought that it was interesting that in 1986 he bought Pixar for $10 million. Now it is worth about $3 billion! :D

JesseJames
May 30, 2003, 04:46 PM
God, that place must be a paradise for CGI people. I watched the segment and saw Pixar as a place somewhere over the rainbow. I thought of my current job and I got really really depressed. Excuse me while I go hang myself. :(

wdlove
May 30, 2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by JesseJames
God, that place must be a paradise for CGI people. I watched the segment and saw Pixar as a place somewhere over the rainbow. I thought of my current job and I got really really depressed. Excuse me while I go hang myself. :(

I pray that you were serious about your last two sentences! Your sig would suggest that you were kidding!