PDA

View Full Version : 2 New Movies online

teabgs
May 28, 2003, 11:11 PM
I have posted two new movies on my webpage (http://homepages.nyu.edu/~jgg221/)

Just thought I'd share this with the community.

NOTE: Only one has actually been uploaded at the time of this posting. That is The Storm. The other one (Love Hurts) will be up within 24 hours from now. I just need to update all the html files, some jpeg's, and compress/upload Love Hurts. But I'll do it after sleep, as I'm very tired.

Hope ya'll enjoy these as well as the others.

P-Worm
May 29, 2003, 12:04 AM
Hmm, I couldn't get it to load...

While were on the topic of personal videos, there are some on my site if you hadn't already checked them out.

P-Worm

GeneR
May 29, 2003, 04:13 AM
Was that Maya generating the particles? I remember taking a few Maya classes a while back but can't remember for the life of me the other Alias Wavefront program that I also learned. One was better at rendering, Maya was better at particles etc.

I look forward to seeing the next one. :D

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2003, 08:07 AM
Cool stuff - the only thing is that the water is rising, but its not flowing. Any way you can add a horizontal (x or z axis) motion to the fluid? That would make it look a little realistic.

Also lighting is a bit off - but it has great potential. Any plans to do something more with it?

D

teabgs
May 29, 2003, 08:55 AM
Gene: Yes, Maya generated all the particles. I wanted to use Mental Ray to render, but didn't have the time. Then the render would look a lot better.

Which brings me to Duke: The lighting was setup to be rendered with Mental Ray. Also, I plan on making the water collide with the land and ripple.wave based on that as well.....when I can get it to work properly. I also want to have the rain look better....and have that create ripples.....

all in good time I guess...

will get to the next movie momentarily....once I'm caffeinated I'll hop to it.....will post here...stay tuned....

teabgs
May 29, 2003, 10:04 AM
Love Hurts is now online. Hope you all enjoy it...

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by teabgs
Love Hurts is now online. Hope you all enjoy it...

Nice!!!

It was a little tough figuring out there was a wall there in terms of the animation, but it worked nicely - the finish is good.

Got to love the clay....:D

D

teabgs
May 29, 2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
Nice!!!

It was a little tough figuring out there was a wall there in terms of the animation, but it worked nicely - the finish is good.

Got to love the clay....:D

D

yeah.....sound has not been done yet. There will be some sound effects soon hopefully. A nice "Thump" should do the trick with that....

Also with the pole...should help out a bit

yeah....I love clay. No matter how cool CG is, theres nothign more fun than Stop motion. you get to have your hands right on everything, get all down and dirty, sit under scalding lights all day sweating like you're in the Sahara during a heat wave :D Oh yeah....that's the life :cool:

Love it

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by teabgs
yeah.....sound has not been done yet. There will be some sound effects soon hopefully. A nice "Thump" should do the trick with that....

Also with the pole...should help out a bit

Sound would be a great help - let us know when you get the audio track done - and any songs in particular you have planned on using here? ;)

D

teabgs
May 29, 2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
Sound would be a great help - let us know when you get the audio track done - and any songs in particular you have planned on using here? ;)

D

I don't plan on music, until I get my copy of FCP 4.....so, we're waiting on apple here.

Wanna use Soundtrack....good excuse to play, and it counts as doing work at the same time :D

the Sound efx, CAN be done before that though....but, I have a few other projects that I'm starting up now. A few proposals, storyboards....there will be a new thread here in a month or two most likely about one of these.....

GeneR
May 29, 2003, 07:09 PM
Really liked the LOVE HURTS one. Really, really funny and fun to watch. I'd love to see a soundtrack with all of that. What kind of clay did you use for that, Teabgs? It could have been plasticine (sp?) but I nowadays they seem to have so many different types of things on the market... who knows?

If you don't mind me asking: how long did it take you do to that short? And how did you map out the facial expressions? Was it just following your gut or did each expression need to be planned beforehand? Anyway, great stuff. I really appreciate you sharing that. Look forward to seeing more in the future... :D

teabgs
May 29, 2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by GeneR
Really liked the LOVE HURTS one. Really, really funny and fun to watch. I'd love to see a soundtrack with all of that. What kind of clay did you use for that, Teabgs? It could have been plasticine (sp?) but I nowadays they seem to have so many different types of things on the market... who knows?

If you don't mind me asking: how long did it take you do to that short? And how did you map out the facial expressions? Was it just following your gut or did each expression need to be planned beforehand? Anyway, great stuff. I really appreciate you sharing that. Look forward to seeing more in the future... :D

Glad you liked it :D

Yes, it's plasticine and more specifically it's #3.

I didn't keep very good track of time while working but I'll guestimate that it took anywhere from 40-60 hours. I had a few shots that I wasn't happy with the first time and so I had to reshoot, and some Final Cut and After Effects to add a little extra somethin to it...ie...Should have held this for x frames longer...should have cut here...etc.

For the facial expressions, I knew where the story was going and I had storyboards, but other than that it was a mixture of gut feeling, and acting it out myself.

I'm glad you look forward to seeing more, cause I look forward to making more ;)

I have a feeling people here will like my thesis film when it's ready. So brace yourself....in one year I will finally goto sleep, step away from the computer (maybe), and get some sun...and of course there will be an awesome 3-5 minute clay/CG piece online. :D :cool:

eyelikeart
Jun 2, 2003, 10:47 PM
Love Hurts was pretty damned funny! :D

I esp. liked the end shot...nice direction... ;)