Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bwawn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
I know that the Cube has an external power supply. (http://www.gibbspool.com/ebay/AppleG4CubePowerSupply.JPG for a picture I found of it.)

But is there anything internal to get the power to work on a Cube? If I were to acquire a Cube motherboard with a CPU on it, and use my own casing, what do I need to get everything to power up? What do I plug the HD/DVD power cables to internally? Where does that external power supply plug into on the Cube motherboard?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Mblazened

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2002
The Valley
The whole point of a cube is that it is a powerful computer in a very small enclosure. I don't see any logic in what you are doing. Also, you won't have much luck getting it to work if all you have is the logic board and cpu - the power system in a cube is elaborate... more to it than the external converter. Internally mounted on the logic board is the DC-DC board, responsible for the power distribution. You need this piece, and this piece needs the external converter. You need more pieces.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.