Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

suneun

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2002
I've decided that the coolest improvement for my ipod would be a wireless solution for the headphones...

Unfortunately, all wireless headphones I've seen require you to plug in the transmitter (they're for stereos and such). I've found two suggested solutions, one more viable than the other:

1. Radio headphones. Use the arkon transmitter or something like it, and wireless radio headphones. This seems like the easiest solution, but maybe not the best quality. However, it has the plus of being able to pump the ipod music into stereos that have radio but lack audio-in.
http://www.arkon.com/SF121.htm

2. Wireless headphones with transmitters, hack. It might be possible to purchase a wireless headphone system and rewire it so that the transmitter can run off of batteries. This would give me exactly what I wanted, except I'm not positive I can get it to work. Also, transmitters are bulkier than the radio transmitter.

Anyone else tried or thought of wireless headphones for portable devices?

davidc2182

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2001
Sin City
bluetooth!

get a bluetooth module that hooks up to the headphone jack and is either powered by battery or by also jacking into firewire, then a blue tooth enabled headset so you have like 10 feet between you and the pod, and besides we wanna mess up all those peecee users who use blue tooth for their excuse for a pda!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.