PDA

View Full Version : what brand are your best shoes?

jefhatfield
May 29, 2003, 11:37 PM
i used to have a pair of black rockport shoes and they lasted for two years being worn several times a week...they were for dress but i used them for everything

now i usually wear tan rockports or a pair of brown rockport sport walking shoes

when i really need heavy duty shoes, i wear a pair of carolina boots

otherwise, i have pretty much worn no name generic shoes, sandals, or boots

tazo
May 29, 2003, 11:42 PM
New Balance 806s

edit: it was 806, not 804

blackpeter
May 29, 2003, 11:46 PM
New Balance (all the way!)

...technically, my best shoes in terms of style/cost are Coach.

jefhatfield
May 29, 2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by tfaz1
New Balance (all the way!)

...technically, my best shoes in terms of style/cost are Coach.

wow, i didn't know coach made shoes...they must be expensive...where i live there is a coach discount outlet and even that is expensive

i wanted to buy my wife a leather jacket there but the prices were too high...so we saved 50% percent and got a less expensive eddie bauer leather jacket which seemed just as good

coach has some really nice stuff but too expensive for me;)

Rower_CPU
May 30, 2003, 12:03 AM
My pair of slippers (that's thongs or flip-flops to you haoles). No shoes when I can get away with it. :)

3rdpath
May 30, 2003, 12:08 AM
running: saucony

hiking: merrill

boot: blundstone

dress: cole haan

summer: white buckskins

favorite: barefoot

scem0
May 30, 2003, 12:15 AM
ive been wearing the same new balance shoes since the beginning of 8th grade - almost 3 years now. There is a huge hole in the toe of the left one. I still love them. My foot just gets wet when it rains. :p :D

vniow
May 30, 2003, 12:23 AM
Tha ones I can't afford...http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=252654

LethalWolfe
May 30, 2003, 12:33 AM
I have a pair of Dan Post boots that are absolute gorgous. Only wear them for weddings or other special occasions. I have a very nice and comfortable pair of black LLama doe-skin boots that usually go w/my dress attire. For everyday knocking around I either wear my black, square toed HH boots or a dark brown pair of HH Aero Glide 7 boots. For rougher work I recently bought a pair of black Justin boots w/a steel toe and wedge sole. I also have a pair of standard GI combat boots for just kicking around/light work and a pair of 19-hole Doc Martins for those nights on the town. ;)

On the rare occasions I have to wear shoes, not boots, I have a pair of Adida's Samba Classics (my 3rd o 4rth pair) and a pair of NB 608's or something.

Lethal

jefhatfield
May 30, 2003, 12:33 AM
i prefer a horseshoe:confused:

edit> my wife put that in:p

shadowfax
May 30, 2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
i prefer a horseshoe:confused: nails through your feet? wow! [ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch]

i had some rockport boots i wore for awhile. those were damned fine, so comfortable.

i have some timberlines now that wore out way too fast but are very comforatble. oddly, the insoles and insides of the timberlands wore out, but they had the toughest soles. the treads haven't even started wearing out. the Rockports' insides lasted a long time, but the treads are almost worn through. strange twist. i'm in the market for some new shoes.

MacBandit
May 30, 2003, 01:29 AM
I have a pair of Gore-Tex Dockers (it's very wet here most of the year). They're semi dressy but I love to wear them all the time. They are very well built and are very comfortable after breaking them in. They should last a very very long time and are resoalable.

vollspacken
May 30, 2003, 01:56 AM
"...can't live without my Adidas!"

wsteineker
May 30, 2003, 02:04 AM
Best Casual Shoes: Clark's Desert Trek

Best Dress Shoes: Tie between Johnston & Murphy lace-ups and Cole-Haan loafers

Best Athletic Shoes: New Balance 574

Best Sandals: Chaco Chongs

kiwi_the_iwik
May 30, 2003, 02:43 AM
I LOVE my Vans - they're just like big slippers (really comfy...)...

I'm lucky that I can get away with wearing them to work - even when I'm working with some big names (politicians, royalty or celebrities). It keeps me - well - me.

Sometimes, of course, I've got to wear a suit (in which case, black shoes are the norm!)...

;)

ShaolinMiddleFinger
May 30, 2003, 02:44 AM
Vans! Black Graphs! Yeah, they're getting beat up but they're super stylish. Works with everything I got

scem0
May 30, 2003, 02:57 AM
I was just wondering, but does anybody wear K-swiss.

I think the commercials are funny. ;)

I love my K-swiss, I love my K-Swiss. :D

pseudobrit
May 30, 2003, 04:40 AM
Let's see...

it depends what I'm doing. I've footwear for everything

Adidas for soccer and running (one each)
CCM Tacks 652 for ice hockey
CCM Tacks 452 for inline hockey
EMS boots for hiking and mucking around
Timberland brown dressy shoes
Sketchers black (Italian made) dress shoes
Vans ragged roomy sneakers for slumming around.
Airwalk snowboard boots
Payless crap that cost $20 that I wear to work

I'm going to need some surf shoes for when I build my currach and I've wanted some sandals for awhile.

Damn, my girlfriend's shoe fetish is contagious. When I met her I had two pair (minus the snowboard boots).

iGav
May 30, 2003, 05:00 AM
Just bought a pair of Adio 'Bam V1's' and they're the nutts!!

Also wear..

Accupuncture 'Beefer'
Accupuncture 'Strap-On'
NB 802
Old Skool Adidas thingy's
Converse 'All Star Hi'
Tsubo 'Auriga'

Fav pair, that are now sadly dead...

Vans Chuggly... :(

cc bcc
May 30, 2003, 05:01 AM
Vans, multifunctional shoes aight!

And Lowa when hiking.

jefhatfield
May 30, 2003, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by pseudobrit
Let's see...

it depends what I'm doing. I've footwear for everything

Adidas for soccer and running (one each)
CCM Tacks 652 for ice hockey
CCM Tacks 452 for inline hockey
EMS boots for hiking and mucking around
Timberland brown dressy shoes
Sketchers black (Italian made) dress shoes
Vans ragged roomy sneakers for slumming around.
Airwalk snowboard boots
Payless crap that cost $20 that I wear to work

I'm going to need some surf shoes for when I build my currach and I've wanted some sandals for awhile.

Damn, my girlfriend's shoe fetish is contagious. When I met her I had two pair (minus the snowboard boots).

that's a collection...for a guy

when i was first married, i also had two pair, now it's five but i refuse to go beyond that...why buy shoes i would never wear since i tend to favor some of them and always wear those while the others get neglected

the payless shoe source shoes that are only 20 dollars are sometimes a good buy, but now that i have developed a pronation or flat feet over the decades, i have to make sure they have adequate arches and many of the payless shoes don't have those

but for the two shoes that i have that don't have arches, i use leather arch supports and they seem to help even though when i am wearing them, they are uncomfortable

overall, i hate the feeling of arches in my shoes but at night, those arches that i put up with in the day keeps away foot pain while i sleep

MacFan25
May 30, 2003, 06:01 AM
I mostly wear tennis shoes. Right now i have a pair of nike. I'm not too picky about what brand of shoe I have.

billyboy
May 30, 2003, 06:19 AM
I hate shopping so I bite the bullet and pay top money for the best 'timeless' footwear so I dont have to trouble the shopkeepers too often. It works out cheaper in the long run too.

Zamberlan walking boots most of the time. 7 years old, and not even a long trek in the Himalayas has hurt them.

Shimano clipless cycling shoes which have done about 20,000kms in the last three years and will last many years to come.

fatcow242
May 30, 2003, 06:36 AM
Probably adidas, but my birkenstocks are completely molded to my feet too.

pivo6
May 30, 2003, 06:46 AM
The last couple of pairs that I bought have been pretty comfortable.

Lowa for hiking/work
Sketchers for casual
New Balance for everything else

pseudobrit
May 30, 2003, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
that's a collection...for a guy

Actually, I lied. It's worse. I have another inline hockey pair that I haven't used since getting the 452s.

And you should see my hockey stick collection -- it puts my shoe collection to shame (love those Synergys though)!

pseudobrit
May 30, 2003, 07:01 AM
Damn it. This thread is making me want to buy shoes.

I gotta go do some manly things to get my mind off it... rare steak... yeah... then I'll go play hockey... yeah... then I'll kill something with my bare hands... then I'll take a pee standing up! ...yeah, but I'm NOT buying shoes.

tazo
May 30, 2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
My pair of slippers (that's thongs or flip-flops to you haoles). No shoes when I can get away with it. :)

Long live flip-flops :) :) I wear either American Eagle flip flops or those Nike, socccer type sandals to school everyday now. why wear shoes when you don't have to :p

Moxiemike
May 30, 2003, 08:35 AM
Hm. Seems I'm a shoe-whore too.

And to think, I rarely buy clothes. But I like to keep a few pairs of shoes, so they seem to last longer. haha.

I have a nice pair of kenneth cole shoes that I wear when I'm out being a hipster on the town.

I have an old pair of R.Wayne for when i go to clubs/shows, knowing they will eventually get stepped on, beer stained and smelly from dancing.

I have another pair of R.wayne for business meetings--very conservative but with a bit of hip styling. A nice compromise between classic wingtips and the hipster stuff.

A pair of New Balance running shoes, which get the most wear. Good for urban exploration and photo outings.

And for hardcore Urban E (Steel mills, etc... places with HEAVY steel **** that might do damage to my feets....) I have a pair of Carolina Steel Toe jump boots that i've had since 1993. Those ******** are still going strong.

I never really throw shoes out either. Some become driving shoes. Others become mow the lawn and wash the car shoes. I'd VERY anal about keeping my nice stuff nice....it just bugs me when my stuff gets messed.

DakotaGuy
May 30, 2003, 09:02 AM
New Balance for running, walking, etc. They are the most durable and well built athletic shoes. I am still amazed that they still are (most models) "Made in the USA" when most of the athletic shoes are made in China, etc. I have a couple pairs of Dr. Martins that I wear all the time and a pair of Doc sandals. The quality is quite good and I like the Air soles. Some are quite heavy on your feet though. I find they are expensive for a casual shoe or boot, but last forever. England knows how to make a good leather boot.

deryk
May 30, 2003, 09:22 AM
Like many, it depends on how I'm using the shoe.

Dress: Kenneth Cole
Business Casual: Diesel
Hiking: Merrell
Gym: Adidas

DavidFDM
May 30, 2003, 09:34 AM
I have a pair of LLBean hiking boots for kicking around in most of the year. Thank God for Gore-tex, a nice pair of Sebagoes for when I need to dress up, New Balance sneakers for the summer and New Balance running shoes for, well, running.

Foxer
May 30, 2003, 09:48 AM
I can only recall two specific pairs of shoes I've owned, so I guess those are the winners...

1st prize - A wonderful pair of Brown DOC MARTENS that I bought at the DM store in London. I was walking around all day, the shoes I had on were not comfortable, so I bought these. Very nice. Wing-tipped, no yellow threading (typical on almost all DMs), wore them for years until I found them again and bought a replacement pair which was just as satisfying. For some reason, these always seemed more comfortable than the standard alt-statement black DMs (shoes and boots) that I wore in college.

2nd prize - Some Nike hiking sandals. Very comfortable, elstaic bands that didn't pinch. More comfortable cushioning than all the Birks I've owned, and not as flashy as Tevas I replaced them with.

ejb190
May 30, 2003, 10:12 AM
Running - New Ballance (Several numbers)
Biking - Shimano SH-MO37
Scuba Diving - ScubaPro Molded Sole
Work - Rockport or Timberland Boots
All the time - My custom rigid orthotics! I used to have severe arch pain and moderate knee and back pain until I got these things. I wish I had gotten them a long time ago!

wdlove
May 30, 2003, 10:16 AM
Dress: New Balance
Walking: New Balance
Around the house: Teva Sandals

Like to have shoes so that I don't wear the same shoes 2 days in a row!

mactastic
May 30, 2003, 10:25 AM
I absolutely love my Globes for everyday wearin, and my Salomon boots for hiking/backpacking. Oh and my Doc's for dressier occasions.

MacBandit
May 30, 2003, 12:13 PM
Okay here's the rest of my shoes.

Hiking - Danner Gore-Tex (Oregon company)
Dress - Dexter
Dress - Docker Gore-Tex (Oregons Wet)
Casual - Nike ziper shoes (Oregon Company)
Shop Work - Nike slip ons
Heavy Work - Dickies steel toe
Bicycle - Nike bicycle clipless
Summer - Airwalk Sandals
Summer Hiking - Nunn Bush Sandals (strap on)
Motorcycle - BMW Gore-Tex Boots
Motorcycle Off Road - Oneal Motocross Boots

medea
May 30, 2003, 12:21 PM
Dress: bannana republic and a pair of Bass
Casual: Steve Maddens, but I have my eye on a pair of Diesel's.

yzeater
May 30, 2003, 11:04 PM
Coming from a 16yo male:
Dress: Johnson & Murphy, Sperry, Kenneth Cole Reaction
Casual: Diesel
Sandals: Bass, Teva
Active: Nike, Adidas (2 pair), some cheap ones for racquetball
Motocross: Alpinestar

pEZ
May 30, 2003, 11:58 PM
Dress: Rockport, but need new ones
Casual: Clarks - they are the most comfortable thing to happen to feet, mine are pretty worn out because I wear them so much. Maybe Diesel next though
Running: New Balance
Hiking: Timberland
Now: Naot sandals (also very comfy)
Usually: barefoot

ColoJohnBoy
May 31, 2003, 12:05 AM
I swear to God I'm not a trend pimp/whore/john, or whatever, but my best shoes are my Steve Madden shoes. They look like brown leather bowling shoes, but they're durable, comfortable, and survived hour after hour of shoveling out of five feet of snow in Denver.

My nike sneaks are also pretty damn good. Comfy is all that really matters to me when I go jogging, and you can't beat those trainers.

Visit Blue Pudding!
http://bluepudding.1hwy.com

QCassidy352
May 31, 2003, 01:13 AM
Asics 2080s!

mac15
May 31, 2003, 05:06 AM
Etnies - Taj mihelich signature shoes. Killer ones for my BMX riding :)