Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
Does anyone know about when adobe will give us a new version of dreamweaver?
I think it is crucial not only for uiniversal binary but because of new technologies that should be supported, like ajax.

Have you read anything about it?

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I'm looking forward to a new Web Bundle from Adobe. Seems like bundling Photoshop w/Imageready, Dreamweaver, and Flash would be a huge deal for them. Could throw in Illustrator too, for that matter, or Freehand if it sticks around.

BTW, anyone know if GoLive will be assimilated into Dreamweaver or not? Seems to me that Dreamweaver's the better known and more popular name in the market, and probably the main reason for the purchase.

jW

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
I did amateur web design in the late 90s with Photoshop and GoLive and had a really good time with it. So much has changed since then--and I have very little understanding of it. There's the ubiquity of Flash and "Web 2.0"-centric coolness. I've been wanting to teach myself how to make modern web-sites again since I want to be able to deal in whatever the current form of communication is of the world--and of course that means being able to communicate over the Internet. So, the other day I was at Adobe's web-site looking at their web product offerings, and realized that it's basically a waiting game. They sell two different web design programs now, neither of which natively runs on my intel mac.

I know that Macromedia made Flash to develop flash animations, but I sort of recall Adobe having a program to do the same a while back. Anyhow--whatever their next bundle is--do you think it will include programs to make Flash sites, and Web 2.0 type features?

cool11

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
Dreamweaver will have an new version when cs3 suite comes out?

jsm4182

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2006
Beacon, NY
Dreamweaver will have an new version when cs3 suite comes out?

From what has been discussed in the last few months regrding dobes next big release, it seems cs3 will be a combination of adobe and former macromedia software. the most talked about possibiliy is a suite that contains phooshop, illustrtor, indesign, dreamweaver, and flash.

dkirlew

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2007
From what has been discussed in the last few months regrding dobes next big release, it seems cs3 will be a combination of adobe and former macromedia software. the most talked about possibiliy is a suite that contains phooshop, illustrtor, indesign, dreamweaver, and flash.

Don't know if you've heard but Adobe is announcing the "largest software release in the compan's 25 year history" on March 27th (not my words, but Adobe's). Adobe IS NOT shipping the products on March 27th. Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop will of course be in the next CS3. Dreamweaver is replacing GoLive in CS3. GoLive will remaiin a standalone app. RUMOR I've heard says that FireWorks will replace ImageReady and that Flash CS3 will be in the new suite.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
What is the new name extension for dreamweaver? Cs3? 9?

Is there any beta available for downloading?

janitorC7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2006
California
Cool! How did you get into their beta testing? Is there some kind of developers' membership thingy?

I dont really remember, I think that I appled on macromedia's site like 2 years ago, before 8 even came out...

Then like in oh, december I think, I was looking though my junk mail, randomly and I saw a email from Adobe PreRelease. haha, and that was the only shot I had, I;m really glad I looked at my junk mail that day

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.