PDA

View Full Version : ipod music transfer to computer

zblaxberg
Feb 20, 2007, 05:08 PM
Ok so I have read a lot of stuff about this and please be calm and don't hate me for asking because i'm sure a million of you know how to do this so insults are not welcome in this thread. I have an ipod video 30gigs...I have a lot of music on it and it syncs with the music on my computer. i'm getting a macbook pro soon and I need all of those songs moved over to that computer. however these songs are not all purchased off of itunes so they wont automatically be downloaded. most of them have been ripped off of cd's or downloaded on limewire (i know i know...shutup). anyways I'm wondering what folder/files I need to copy to my mbp and will I lose any of the itunes info about artist/song name/genre/rating etc. I just need help finding the best way to do this or if anyone knows of a program that will rip songs off the ipod...thanks:apple:

dllavaneras
Feb 20, 2007, 05:11 PM
don't hate me for asking because i'm sure a million of you know how to do this so insults are not welcome in this thread.

Whoa, relax! No one's going to cut your head here :)

To transfer songs from your iPod to your mac, use Senuti (http://fadingred.org/senuti/). And take it easy ;)

zblaxberg
Feb 20, 2007, 05:13 PM
Whoa, relax! No one's going to cut your head here :)

To transfer songs from your iPod to your mac, use Senuti (http://fadingred.org/senuti/). And take it easy ;)

ok thanks man...a lot of people get pissed off cuz i'm a switcher...I'm getting a mbp for college and I just recently entered the mac world. i'm gonna major in digital video and they work on all macs at james madison university and I gotta take my music with me

gauchogolfer
Feb 20, 2007, 05:17 PM
ok thanks man...a lot of people get pissed off cuz i'm a switcher...
Don't worry, no one's going to hate you for being a switcher.

Quite the opposite.

pianoman
Feb 20, 2007, 08:31 PM
i didn't know JMU used only Macs. that's pretty cool :cool:

zblaxberg
Feb 20, 2007, 09:49 PM
i didn't know JMU used only Macs. that's pretty cool :cool:

the school of media arts and design has like 3 or 4 mac labs so all the multimedia type work is on a mac but i think the rest of the campus might be pc. i can't wait to go there, i've been in a multimedia program for 3 years at school so i'm no expert but i know a lot about final cut, premiere, after effects, photoshop, illustrator, maya, dreamweaver, flash