Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CockyMB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2007
London
hi everybody,

just got my first macbook (black)

now i have a problem...
i installed bootcamp and did the partition for windows...the installation did not work so i gave up and decided to stick with the OS X for now...
went back to bootcamp and reformated the partition...( i have the 120GB HDD) i thought something was wrong so i popped in my cd that came with the macbook.
now after the installation which by the way took like 3 hours i have 92GB free on the HDD now i am no expert but i think something is completly wrong..i may have been responsible for selectig all the otions it gave me on the recovery menu..

so my question is:

what are the basic options that i need to select ...i do not want most of the demo applications installed..and i do not need all th language packs..any help would be greatly appreciated...
regards

smueboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2006
Oz
So, if you want to bother re-installing the OS again, choose erase and install and then unckeck the things you don't want - like iwork demo, garageband, iweb, printer drivers you don't need, languages you don't need. Shoud save you quite a few GB.

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
hi everybody,

just got my first macbook (black)

now i have a problem...
i installed bootcamp and did the partition for windows...the installation did not work so i gave up and decided to stick with the OS X for now...
went back to bootcamp and reformated the partition...( i have the 120GB HDD) i thought something was wrong so i popped in my cd that came with the macbook.
now after the installation which by the way took like 3 hours i have 92GB free on the HDD now i am no expert but i think something is completly wrong..i may have been responsible for selectig all the otions it gave me on the recovery menu..

so my question is:

what are the basic options that i need to select ...i do not want most of the demo applications installed..and i do not need all th language packs..any help would be greatly appreciated...
regards

To be honest, it is pretty self-explanatory when doing the install. Anything that is custom and able to be unchecked is stuff you do not necessarily need, but may want.

Language packs can be uninstalled if you like without any detrimental effects. As can all of the printer drivers, but you may want to keep the ones for the models you have or are ever likely to use.

David

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.