PDA

View Full Version : Hooray!! I'm getting ANOTHER new iPod!!!

mikelong622
Feb 22, 2007, 07:38 AM
Saturday I bought my first iPod EVER. I was just sittin in my room and all of a sudden I stood up and thought "I'm gonna buy an iPod." So I did. From the day i got it the whole thing was really lagging and slow, then, yesterday, the whole hard-drive failed and it completely froze up. So I got a new one for free and went home happy cuz I got to open another new iPod. When I got home and played a movie on it however, I noticed a little green dot on my screen.....A DEAD PIXEL!!! So now today I get to go in and get ANOTHER new iPod....try number 3. Anyone wanna place bets on what will be wrong this one? Maybe it'll just blow up in my hand.

psychofreak
Feb 22, 2007, 07:42 AM
Wow...apple's products have a general reputation for quality, but the latest generations of macs and iPods seem to be slipping...

cwedl
Feb 22, 2007, 07:42 AM
I had a dead white pixel on my iPod, I haven't bothered replacing it, its only noticable when I pay videos and I don't really play videos.

Psychofreak, I know a few people that have had problems with their iPods, I have been really lucky, touch wood!

Chiggs
Feb 22, 2007, 10:01 AM
I have had 17 iPods over the years and have never had an issue with any of them. You just had some bad luck...

Let us know if Apple replaces the one with a single dead pixel - last I heard they wouldn't do a replacement unless there were several dead pixels (similar to how they handle laptops and the iMac.

twoodcc
Feb 22, 2007, 10:21 AM
Wow...apple's products have a general reputation for quality, but the latest generations of macs and iPods seem to be slipping...

it may seem that way, but again, of course people post about the problems.....

i have fine macbook pro and a mac pro, and i have a great 60GB video ipod and a 4gb ipod nano :D :apple:

phungy
Feb 22, 2007, 10:23 AM
Third time's a charm. Let us know how it turns out.

mikelong622
Feb 23, 2007, 08:26 AM
Well I got my new one today...it has dead pixels too. I think the one I had before was like 4 in a row cuz it was a lot bigger than the ones this iPod has. Anyways I'm not even going to take this one back just cuz I don't care and it's obvious that I am incapable of getting a good, working, iPod.