Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cschaeffer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2007
I just bought my first Mac and a Cannon XTi and would like advice on software.

I will be taking mostly outside Sport pictures and want to print large multi picture presentations.

What software would be recommended for this Application.

Thanks

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I just bought my first Mac and a Cannon XTi and would like advice on software.

I will be taking mostly outside Sport pictures and want to print large multi picture presentations.

What software would be recommended for this Application.

Thanks

You mean you want to assemble multiple images into one file and then print on huge poster sized paper or will each print be on it's own paper and frame. In the last case what you are doing is completely conventional and any software will work I'd start with iPhoto and then move on only if you find some limitation that bothers you.

If you want to combine the images you need a photo editor. I'd start out with Adobe Photoshop Elements. You can go with the full up CS2 package but I doubt many photographers can list features they use in CS2 that are not present in "Elements"
It would be easy in element. Just make a big "canvas" then drop in the background color and then add the images

Along with "elements" you will need something to catalog and store the files other wise you got get a zillion folders and no way to search them. iPhoto works well for this and it is free. But also there is Aperture and Adobe's products. I'd start with the iPhoto/Elements combo. They work well together, almost seamless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.