Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamcz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2003
The guy behind me in line at lunch today said this into his phone:

"I have two iphones from Apple. I'll ship you one of them tomorrow. You'll have to get a charger; you can use a V60."

What phone uses a v60 charger? I don't know what that is. Does that provide us with any new info about how the phone will connect/charge?

Of course they could still be sending out prototypes at this stage - I wouldn't know. Just passing on what I overheard.

adamcz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2003
Probably BS but why did you not ask him for one?
He was saying that he had two phones, and one was meant for the person he was talking to. I'm really sure he was hoping to find a stranger to give the other to. After I left, I started wondeirng how much I would be willing to pay though - the thought entered my mind as to how much it would fetch on ebay right now.

I don't know what the Motorola V60 is, but I guess it means that the iphone (or at least the prototype) has some sort of normal standard input on it.

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
The OP either misinterpreted the conversation, made it up, or was unintentionally / intentionally mislead by the person having a conversation on a phone nearby.

The Motorola V60 charger has an connector that is specific in shape to the Motorola handheld. there's a .000001 % chance of being able to use this charger with an iPhone without additional devices attached or some mildy intensive plastics and electronics smelting /crafting.

The Apple iPhone can be charged by using a standard iPod USB cable therefore no additional AC charger needed.

it can be plugged into any powered USB slot on any PC and be charged in this manner regardless of OS platform or configuration.

I don't work in the industry or as a cell phone tech person type. However, if the persons mentioned in this conversation above don't know this and I do well then Houston, we have a problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.