PDA

View Full Version : I found treasure!

ibookin'
May 31, 2003, 02:02 AM
The science department at the high school I work at was cleaning house, and left a ton of old Mac stuff outside to be picked up with the trash. :eek: Being the pack rat that I am, my friend and I went outside to look, and we scored some pretty cool stuff. This is what I got:

A Farallon MacRecorder Sound System

This thing is really cool. It is like the Griffin iMic for a serial port. Works just fine on my Mac Classic with System 6.0.7.

Came with: Complete with box, manuals, and original software

Thunderware LightningScan Handheld Scanner

Another good find. Name is pretty much self-explanatory. It has a fairly large SCSI interface and works with my Classic as well.

Came with: Scanner, Interface, Manuals, Software, original cabling, SCSI terminator

Digital Vision ComputerEyes Video Digitizer

Takes frame grabs from an NTSC analog video source.

Came with: Nothing except the digitizer and an RCA cable. No software, anyone know where to find this?

MicroMac Technology 16MHz 68030 Upgrade for 68000 and 68020 Macs

Name is pretty much self explanatory. Works with my Classic, so I'll be upgrading the Classic soon.

Came with: Complete with box, card, Compact Mac adapter, software, and manuals.

Volumes 1-5 of Inside Macintosh, Published by Apple

A resource for developers explaining in detail the innerworkings of the Mac OS.

Think C C IDE for System 6

A C IDE for OS 6. I played with it a little on the Classic, but found it hard to program on that little display. Going to try it on the Quadra.

Came with: Complete in box.

"Macintosh C Programming Volume 1" by Mark and Reed

Book on programming using C on the Mac platform.

An Original Copy of SimCity Supreme

This is the classic game. So graphics intensive that it requires 2MB of RAM to run under color mode, and 1MB under monochrome mode.

Came with: Complete in box

So:

Does anyone know anything about any of these things. I am having fun playing with them and am wondering if they are worth anything.

Also, as I mentioned before, I have no software for the video digitizer. If anyone has this or knows where to get it, please contact me via email or post in this thread. Thanks.

maradong
May 31, 2003, 02:53 AM
lucky one :D

applemacdude
Jun 2, 2003, 06:05 PM
damn,....i want free mac stuff..:D

ibookin'
Jun 3, 2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by applemacdude
damn,....i want free mac stuff..:D

This really is the epitome of the saying "One man's trash is another man's treasure"

Anyone know anything about the video digitizer?

jethroted
Jun 16, 2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by ibookin'
The science department at the high school I work at was cleaning house, and left a ton of old Mac stuff outside to be picked up with the trash. :eek: Being the pack rat that I am, my friend and I went outside to look, and we scored some pretty cool stuff. This is what I got:

A Farallon MacRecorder Sound System

This thing is really cool. It is like the Griffin iMic for a serial port. Works just fine on my Mac Classic with System 6.0.7.

Came with: Complete with box, manuals, and original software

Thunderware LightningScan Handheld Scanner

Another good find. Name is pretty much self-explanatory. It has a fairly large SCSI interface and works with my Classic as well.

Came with: Scanner, Interface, Manuals, Software, original cabling, SCSI terminator

Digital Vision ComputerEyes Video Digitizer

Takes frame grabs from an NTSC analog video source.

Came with: Nothing except the digitizer and an RCA cable. No software, anyone know where to find this?

MicroMac Technology 16MHz 68030 Upgrade for 68000 and 68020 Macs

Name is pretty much self explanatory. Works with my Classic, so I'll be upgrading the Classic soon.

Came with: Complete with box, card, Compact Mac adapter, software, and manuals.

Volumes 1-5 of Inside Macintosh, Published by Apple

A resource for developers explaining in detail the innerworkings of the Mac OS.

Think C C IDE for System 6

A C IDE for OS 6. I played with it a little on the Classic, but found it hard to program on that little display. Going to try it on the Quadra.

Came with: Complete in box.

"Macintosh C Programming Volume 1" by Mark and Reed

Book on programming using C on the Mac platform.

An Original Copy of SimCity Supreme

This is the classic game. So graphics intensive that it requires 2MB of RAM to run under color mode, and 1MB under monochrome mode.

Came with: Complete in box

So:

Does anyone know anything about any of these things. I am having fun playing with them and am wondering if they are worth anything.

Also, as I mentioned before, I have no software for the video digitizer. If anyone has this or knows where to get it, please contact me via email or post in this thread. Thanks.

What kind of computer do you have that you can actually hook all this stuff up to?

hariya
Jun 16, 2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by ibookin'

Try NIH Image. http://rsb.info.nih.gov/nih-image/Default.html

It is free and should most probably work. At work, we have an old classic mac we use for image capture. Lot of our work involves high speed film recording and then we play the tapes in a VCR and use NIH image to capture snippets of video or stills for our talks and papers.

janey
Jun 16, 2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by jethroted
What kind of computer do you have that you can actually hook all this stuff up to?
he has a LOT of computers :p
here's a pic (ibookin you're not really a pack rat, but try to clean your room once in a while :p). You can see a lot of old computers.

edit: don't think he'll like it if i post the pic up :p
they're old macs tho

celaurie
Jun 19, 2003, 07:27 AM
It's amazing at the things schools throw out. Especially when they are always shouting about low funding. I'm sure half of that stuff would have sold on ebay!

nvdeynde
Nov 21, 2006, 02:21 PM
Hi,

I have just bought a MacRecorder at Ebay but regrettably I have no drivers or software.

Does anyone still have the software and drivers for the MacRecorder ?

If so, you would do me a huge favour if you could email or upload a copy of the discs to my FTP server ( as soon it's up again )

Regrettably Farallon does not exist anymore so I can't ask them :-(

Regards,

Nico - Belgium

keysersoze
Nov 30, 2006, 10:33 AM
WOW you just dug up a three year old thread! Best of luck!

gkarris
Dec 8, 2006, 04:00 PM
I remember some of this stuff.

I actually have my original LC II and it has that upgrade processor you found....

Wish I still had all the original stuff for it..

charkshark
Dec 8, 2006, 11:27 PM
LUCKY!!!! I wish my school would be throwing out some of this awesome stuff.

thejadedmonkey
Dec 8, 2006, 11:32 PM
Hi,

I have just bought a MacRecorder at Ebay but regrettably I have no drivers or software.

Does anyone still have the software and drivers for the MacRecorder ?

If so, you would do me a huge favour if you could email or upload a copy of the discs to my FTP server ( as soon it's up again )

Regrettably Farallon does not exist anymore so I can't ask them :-(

Regards,

Nico - Belgium
How much did you pay for it?