PDA

View Full Version : Adding Search Functionality - Dashcode

davidjearly
Feb 22, 2007, 07:11 PM
Hi,

Quite a simple request I think. Here's hoping someone can help.

I have a simple RSS Widget created in Dashcode that grabs an RSS feed and displays it in Dashboard.

All I want to do is implement a search field on the face of the widget so that I can search the articles displayed from the feed for particular search terms.

I know that using the Library in Dashcode, I can drag the search field onto the widget, but I am unsure how to set the code to work.

Any help, please?

David

slooksterPSV
Feb 22, 2007, 09:22 PM
When you use the inspector to change onsearch, type in there search(event); and it works

davidjearly
Feb 23, 2007, 03:24 AM
When you use the inspector to change onsearch, type in there search(event); and it works

Thank you! It works!

Appreciate the help.

David

davidjearly
Feb 23, 2007, 06:06 PM

Ok, so one more question!

How can I create a hyperlink from a graphic or text object within dashcode. E.G. If I have a text box containing 'www.mywebsite.com', how can I make it so that when I click on this it goes to that site?

Thanks, David

davidjearly
Feb 24, 2007, 08:00 PM
Anyone? Please...

slooksterPSV
Feb 25, 2007, 11:37 PM
Simple:

EDIT: I used the My RSS Feed text and made that the hyperlink

dbuller
May 11, 2011, 08:05 PM
today i was playing around in dashcode. im not very experienced so i didnt rly know what to do when making the search bar actually function and search things. im trying to make it search for locations on my map which comes from googlemaps and move to that location. ive been having trouble and tried search(event) but it didnt work for me. any ideas?