Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josephkyles

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
I just got Final Cut Express! I shot some footage today in widesscreen on a standard definition Canon Optura 50. How exactly do I import my video? Do I use DV-NTSC anamorphic, or regular DV-NTSC? What about DV converter and firewire basic? What are they used for?! Also, PAL is used only in europe? And I have to have an HD camera to used HDV Apple intermediate codec?

bimmzy

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2006
London
I just got Final Cut Express! I shot some footage today in widesscreen on a standard definition Canon Optura 50. How exactly do I import my video? Do I use DV-NTSC anamorphic, or regular DV-NTSC? What about DV converter and firewire basic? What are they used for?! Also, PAL is used only in europe? And I have to have an HD camera to used HDV Apple intermediate codec?

If you shot it anamophic you need to import it that way so DV-NTSC anamophic will be ok. if you're in the states or canada don't bother with PAL. if its not HVD dont bother HDV or with intrmediate codec either.

when you come to create a project for editing, if you have chosen 4:3 in your sequence settings, fce should convert your widescreen footage to the same pixel ratio (though it may letter box your footage (now thats a whole new lesson) (dont even talk about non-squair pixels here)) as your project!

good luck, though i suspect we'll here from you again!!! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.