Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrs29

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2007
I am just starting to use Final Cut Express HD. I have set it up enough to capture from my camera, however on all of the clips when they are finished there is an error message that says the audio sample rate may not be the same as the sample rate for the video, and because of that the audio may not match up. The video will look fine on the timeline and in the preview viewer but there is no audio attached to any of the clips. What can I do to change my settings so audio will be captured as well?

mrs29

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2007
i took a look at my camera and the audio settings were already set to 16bit. thank you for the suggestion....do you have any other ideas though? do I just need to render it before I would be able to hear anything?

hoop

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2007
Bath, yookay.
Have you tried unplugging your firewire device and restarting FCP? In my experience, if I try and play back captured footage with the deck still connected, I get no sound.

seniorstinky

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
i took a look at my camera and the audio settings were already set to 16bit. thank you for the suggestion....do you have any other ideas though? do I just need to render it before I would be able to hear anything?

Check your settings for your capturing. You probably have it set to capture audio at 12 bit instead of 16 bit. Perhaps someone who is near their Mac could direct you exactly to where this is set (I can do it later tonight once I'm home)

mrs29

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2007
re: hoop

I tried what hoop suggested and unplugged my device after capturing and restarted final cut...and that seemed to do the trick. thank you for you help..

Filojoan

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2008
Thanks too

It helped me too to disconnect my camera and restart FCP. Am really puzzled why so suddenly this happened, I've started FCP a million times with my camera connected. Thank you anyway.

bosco7

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2009
Help!

Hey,

I'm having the same problem, except my audio is out of sync. Sadly, I recorded in 12 bit. Now, I know how to change the capture presets in Final Cut Pro, but I have Final Cut Express and don't know how to do it using that program. You said you did--please help? It would be very much appreciated. I need to know how to change the capture preset from 16-bit to 12-bit.

Thanks very much.

Filojoan

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2008
I don't know

Hello,
I'm afraid I cannot help you with this particular problem. My problem is solved by quitting final cut pro (I'm using pro now) and restarting with the camera connected. When I connect it later, it cannot find the audio.
Joan

Mr-Stabby

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2004
Hopefully there is no need to quit or even unplug your device. With a camera plugged in, it is automatically set in Final Cut to play sound through the device.

My first port of call if this happens is to go to the 'view' menu, 'video out' and set the output to 'Canvas Video playback' rather than 'Apple Firewire PAL'. I believe the wording in the menus is slightly different in 'Pro' but the above applies to 'Express'.

Hope this helps :)

j morton

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2010
No audio files being captured from camera to Final Cut Ex

Suddenly, I am not able to capture audio files when I capture my video files. I can hear the sound when I press "clip" and the transfer begins, but once I have the clip in my bin it does not have sound files attached.
What am I suddenly doing wrong?

j morton

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2010
I can not capture audio in Final Cut Ex

I have been using my final cut express for sometime without problems, but suddenly I am unable to capture the audio files.

I can hear the sound when the video from my camera is being captured, but then the newly captured clip does not contain an audio file when moved into the timeline. I have opened the clip's folder in quicktime and have looked in the final cut audio files, and sure enough there are no audio file being captured.

Older clips that were captured last week do work, I can play them and hear the sound and see the audio files in the timeline, my music files work as well. What Have I done?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.