PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthdays 2007: Steve Jobs and MacRumors

MacRumors
Feb 24, 2007, 02:22 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

Today marks the Steve Jobs' 52nd birthday and MacRumors.com's 7th birthday.

Steve Jobs was born on February 24, 1955 and later co-founded Apple with Steve Wozniak in 1976. Jobs was forced out of Apple in 1985, but later returned in 1997 after Apple bought NeXT (also founded by Jobs). Steve Jobs is Apple's current CEO.

MacRumors.com began on February 24, 2000 as a site to consolidate interesting rumors and news surrounding Apple and has grown to one of the largest Mac communities on the internet.

pknz
Feb 24, 2007, 02:23 PM
Happy Birthday!

Gymnut
Feb 24, 2007, 02:23 PM
Happy B-day to both! Hopefully there'll be many more to celebrate!

tkidBOSTON
Feb 24, 2007, 02:25 PM
Yay!

Happy Birthday!! :)

G5Unit
Feb 24, 2007, 02:25 PM
52 years old huh...

5-2=3 so thats G3 but its his "5"2nd birthday. sooooo

Powerbook G5's next!... ummm, tuesday!

phungy
Feb 24, 2007, 02:27 PM
Darn, I posted in the 2006 thread...

Anyways, Happy Birthday again to Steve and MacRumors!

Chisholm
Feb 24, 2007, 02:28 PM
Congrats to Arn and all the folks that contribute to MR's continued success! And happy birthday to Steve too.

cheers!

VanMac
Feb 24, 2007, 02:28 PM
Well, Happy Birthday to both of you!

Many more!

Peace
Feb 24, 2007, 02:29 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Both to Steve And Mac Rumors

pknz
Feb 24, 2007, 02:30 PM
So whose supplying the cake?

Shadow
Feb 24, 2007, 02:31 PM
Happy Birthday!
:apple:

SMacDuff
Feb 24, 2007, 02:31 PM
Happy Birthday to Steve (exactly 10 years and 2 days before my own birthday)!!!

And congrats also to MacRumors!

Wishing both of you many many more!

bigandy
Feb 24, 2007, 02:32 PM
happy birthday :)

here, have a very colourful cake.

http://macrumors.pixellation.co.uk/pics/cake.jpg

brepublican
Feb 24, 2007, 02:32 PM
Happy Birthday MR!! Arn and crew, please continue what you're doing, you guys rock our worlds! ;)

You too Steve :apple:

amacgenius
Feb 24, 2007, 02:34 PM
Happy Birthday Steve and MR!

Kingsly
Feb 24, 2007, 02:41 PM
http://static.flickr.com/49/120952327_c2bc9f8536.jpg

Me1000
Feb 24, 2007, 02:42 PM
Who is the Dumb butt who voted negative???

probably bill gates!

Xander562
Feb 24, 2007, 02:50 PM

probably bill gates!

Yeah I bet this is his home page too. :p :D

Simon1966
Feb 24, 2007, 02:55 PM
Happy Birthday - Steve and Macrumors, long may you both Rule!!!!!!!

SeaFox
Feb 24, 2007, 03:00 PM

With every passing year, Steve Jobs gets closer to death. That would be a reason to vote this negative.

MacNtoss
Feb 24, 2007, 03:02 PM
Happy birthday Steve! and MRs:D go:apple: !

Me1000
Feb 24, 2007, 03:02 PM
We can find a way to hook him up to a mac, and make him live forever!

:o

Flowbee
Feb 24, 2007, 03:03 PM
Congratulations on the milestone, MR.

Karpfish
Feb 24, 2007, 03:07 PM
Theres a reason I love apple, its because today is my birthday too!

TimDaddy
Feb 24, 2007, 03:10 PM
Cool, I share a birthday with someone great!

Happy Birthday, Steve!

monke
Feb 24, 2007, 03:12 PM
Happy Birthday! :)

Telp
Feb 24, 2007, 03:20 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

How different my life would be without both Jobs and MR...
:D

:apple: :apple: :apple:

cwedl
Feb 24, 2007, 03:27 PM
Happy Birthday! To both

rockthecasbah
Feb 24, 2007, 03:37 PM
Yay, happy birthday! I wish there could have been some surprise birthday releases to go along with this though :rolleyes:

PDiPietro
Feb 24, 2007, 03:40 PM
The negative voters need to stop drinking the Haterade. :(

richard4339
Feb 24, 2007, 03:47 PM
Happy Birthday Steve and MacRumors!

thogs_cave
Feb 24, 2007, 03:48 PM
Egad, we're all getting older. Has it been seven years already?

It's hard to believe that Apple Computers is over 30, that means Steve was already a success before he was even 25. He's also been in and out of Apple for well over half his life. Wonder when he'll retire?

iDeal
Feb 24, 2007, 03:50 PM
Happy birthday to both of you!

p.s. First post!

Doctor Q
Feb 24, 2007, 03:56 PM
I wonder if Steve purposely chose to be born on the future anniversary of the founding of MacRumors. :rolleyes:

maccam
Feb 24, 2007, 03:57 PM
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Steve
happy birthday to youuuuu... :) :) :p

Fearless Leader
Feb 24, 2007, 03:58 PM
I wonder if Steve purposely chose to be born on the future anniversary of the founding of MacRumors. :rolleyes:

diffidently

Happy birthday.

I wonder what his cake looks like?

iJawn108
Feb 24, 2007, 04:00 PM
Happy Birthday to both

Abstract
Feb 24, 2007, 04:08 PM
MacRumors.com began on February 24, 2000 as a site to consolidate interesting rumors and news surrounding Apple and has grown to one of the largest Mac communities on the internet.

And best.......this is one of the biggest and "best" Mac communities on the internet. ;)

MacNut
Feb 24, 2007, 04:09 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

How different my life would be without both Jobs and MR...

:apple: :apple: :apple:You mean you would have an actual life.;)

ghall
Feb 24, 2007, 04:10 PM
Wow, my top 3 favorite birthday's (besides mine :) ) are today.

Steve Jobs
MacRumors
and my mom!!!

Dagless
Feb 24, 2007, 04:10 PM
This news is NEGATIVE as Macrumors should have been born on Steve's birthday too. Simply no excuse.

steverumors.com

rumour has it...

MacNut
Feb 24, 2007, 04:14 PM
Hey why is MacRumors not listed under "Todays Birthdays":confused: :p

Chosenbydestiny
Feb 24, 2007, 04:15 PM

Steve Jobs
MacRumors
and my mom!!!

Party time!!!

EngBrian
Feb 24, 2007, 04:16 PM
Happy bday macrumors. and i guess you too Steve.

Thanks for giving me a way to procrastinate.

photomaniac
Feb 24, 2007, 04:19 PM
Happy Birthday, Both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doctor Q
Feb 24, 2007, 04:26 PM
Hey why is MacRumors not listed under "Todays Birthdays":confused: :pBecause MacRumors the person is very private and shy about his or her birthday, and is no doubt embarrassed by this news story and thread by MacRumors the website.

jhedges3
Feb 24, 2007, 04:27 PM
52 years old huh...

I know it'll never happen. But I’m actually starting to wish it would, if for no other reason then to quell what has certainly become the most trite and banal half-joke on MR.

I’d almost rather be hearing jokes that begin: ‘why did Steve cross the road?” If the G5 PB was ever funny it’s not any longer.

Here’s a prediction, starting next Tuesday no MR user will ever ever say another word, let alone an entire post, that has anything to do with G5 PB.

By the way, you should look into a career in number theory. Seems like you’d be good at it, like it’d be something you’d enjoy.

jhedges3
Feb 24, 2007, 04:29 PM

Steve Jobs
MacRumors
and my mom!!!

Are these in order of ascending order of importance?

arn
Feb 24, 2007, 04:33 PM
Hey why is MacRumors not listed under "Todays Birthdays":confused: :p

Good point. :)

added...

arn

jhedges3
Feb 24, 2007, 04:34 PM
The negative voters need to stop drinking the Haterade. :(

Perhaps they’re reflecting on the fact that Steve is getting pretty old now. And when he goes what will become of the most important company in our lives?

They could also be lamenting the lost time that seven years of MR has brought them. Think of the net negative effect with respect earnings that MR must have for all of its users. Long live procrastination.

jhedges3
Feb 24, 2007, 04:35 PM
happy birthday :)

here, have a very colourful cake.

http://macrumors.pixellation.co.uk/pics/cake.jpg

That's so cool! Did you make that?

quigleybc
Feb 24, 2007, 04:38 PM
Happy Birthday MR !!

Thanks for being my favorite website !

iRachel
Feb 24, 2007, 04:42 PM
:apple: Happy Birthday Steve and Macrumors :apple:

Here's hoping there are many more to come!

Samurai
Feb 24, 2007, 04:42 PM
My wife has the same birthday as Steve Jobs (same day but she's much younger). I gave her a card and a couple of lame gifts then just when she thought that was all she was getting I said that since she was born on the same day as Steve Jobs there was "one more thing". I sent her on a scavenger hunt in the house where she found a brand new digital camera that she had been wanting for some time. :D :apple:

Yvan256
Feb 24, 2007, 04:54 PM
Happy Birthday to both Steve Jobs and MacRumors!

sparks9
Feb 24, 2007, 05:06 PM
Congrats to both! :)

Multimedia
Feb 24, 2007, 05:13 PM
Only took me almost 6 years of being here to figure out how to give MacRumors money Thursday. :eek: :p

We love you Arn and Steve

You make being a Mac fanatic a lot more fun with 8 Cores and More. Whoot!

bleachthru
Feb 24, 2007, 05:46 PM
So out of curiosity, why does a birthday announcement have negative votes? Are people really that stupid, or is it some jackass trying to be special by voting negative to an issue, that is really not an issue or a speculation, but an announcement.

ReanimationLP
Feb 24, 2007, 05:48 PM
Happy Birthday. :D Today is also the birthday of Hawk, the artist of the webcomic Applegeeks.

Benjamin
Feb 24, 2007, 05:49 PM
Happy Birthday!!

TheBobcat
Feb 24, 2007, 05:53 PM
Ok, so who's going to pool the money to send Steve and Arn each a stripper?

theLimit
Feb 24, 2007, 05:53 PM
Well, that makes four birthdays I've celebrated this week! My own, Dakota Fanning's, Steve's, and MacRumor's.

Rocketman
Feb 24, 2007, 05:57 PM
I take it it is no coincidence macrumors.com's birthday and Steve Jobs' birthday is on the same date.

How long in advance was this planned, Arn?

Rocketman

sushi
Feb 24, 2007, 06:11 PM
Happy Birthday to both! :D

ibook30
Feb 24, 2007, 06:19 PM
Ok, so who's going to pool the money to send Steve and Arn each a stripper?

I'll pitch in -

Happy Birthday :apple: Steve and MR !

Rot'nApple
Feb 24, 2007, 06:34 PM
Happy Birthday to you both!

Montserrat
Feb 24, 2007, 06:41 PM
I know it'll never happen. But I’m actually starting to wish it would, if for no other reason then to quell what has certainly become the most trite and banal half-joke on MR.

I’d almost rather be hearing jokes that begin: ‘why did Steve cross the road?” If the G5 PB was ever funny it’s not any longer.

Here’s a prediction, starting next Tuesday no MR user will ever ever say another word, let alone an entire post, that has anything to do with G5 PB.

By the way, you should look into a career in number theory. Seems like you’d be good at it, like it’d be something you’d enjoy.

OK....

Why did Steve cross the road (next Tuesday)?

To announce the PB G5

(Sorry it's been a long hard day and there was a little voice in my head making me write that :o )

Oh... and by the way, Happy Birthday.

Best Wishes,
Tom

bigandy
Feb 24, 2007, 06:43 PM
That's so cool! Did you make that?

no, t'was found via the joys of google. :rolleyes:

Grakkle
Feb 24, 2007, 06:58 PM
Well, 'fraid I'm not going to say happy birthday - too banal and I don't love Steve-O that much.

MacRumors is an amusing and (sometimes) informative site, however, and Mr. Jobs is... well, he's fifty-two.

MacNut
Feb 24, 2007, 06:59 PM
Ok, so who's going to pool the money to send Steve and Arn each a stripper?You might want to send the stripper to the server not Arn, He might get in trouble.:eek:

Mac-Mariachi
Feb 24, 2007, 07:06 PM
Steve, Happy B-Day man! I just wanted to tell you that I can´t even imagine going everyday to work and have a darn PC staring at me all day. I love using my Mac because it really gets the job done and It looks beautiful (both the work and the computer).

MacRumors, thanks for keeping us up to date with all the info you give us. Here´s for many more years!

Mac-Mariachi
Feb 24, 2007, 07:07 PM
My wife has the same birthday as Steve Jobs (same day but she's much younger). I gave her a card and a couple of lame gifts then just when she thought that was all she was getting I said that since she was born on the same day as Steve Jobs there was "one more thing". I sent her on a scavenger hunt in the house where she found a brand new digital camera that she had been wanting for some time. :D :apple:

Hey that´s pretty cool!

Congrats!

TheBobcat
Feb 24, 2007, 07:23 PM
You might want to send the stripper to the server not Arn, He might get in trouble.:eek:

I can see it now, a sexy new XServe slipping out of the rack, the MR Server blinks increasingly faster.

mrrory
Feb 24, 2007, 07:59 PM
What do you think Steve gets for his birthday??? Apple products would all be high on our birthday lists, I doubt it's the same for him.

MacNut
Feb 24, 2007, 08:09 PM
What do you think Steve gets for his birthday??? Apple products would all be high on our birthday lists, I doubt it's the same for him.A Zune.:D

mrrory
Feb 24, 2007, 08:10 PM
A Zune.:D In pieces!

iAlan
Feb 24, 2007, 08:43 PM
"Why did Steve cross the road?”

To get to the PowerBook G5 on the other side...

Anyway Happy Birthday Steve, MacRumors, ghall's Mom and Samurai's Wife!

milatchi
Feb 24, 2007, 10:12 PM
Happy birthday MacRumors.

xxavier
Feb 24, 2007, 10:21 PM
Hey guys, I'm a 19 years old Mac fans from the faraway China, and im just so excited that i wrote an article.. A few minutes ago I made up my courage to post it on here :D . Anyone who spends your time on it please accept my sincere thank-you. Feel free to correct me of any mistakes (it's quite naive i know..) and thanks for your time of devotion!

-------------------------

Well it's a few hours later here in Beijing time, but it's the right time in your own timezone - February 24th.

So, just cut to the chase. To the great :apple: Steve, here's my most sincere wish: Happy 52th Birthday! You know 52 years ago you came to this human world and demonstrated why it were no longer the same. You have changed the world around us so much, since the Mac in 1984 and the iPod in 2001. And I'm sure you will continue to do so with your iPhone.

The world's been a better place. Without you and your Apple ][, the PC industry wouldn't hv taken off as is, at least not so elegantly. Without you and your Macintosh (perhaps plus Xerox Parc), we'd still stuck in the command line user interface, no window, no mouse, and with clunky in-consisitent keyboard shortcuts (aka "amazing UI" as in NeXTSTEP 3 Demo). Bill and Microsoft would've nowhere to copy Windows from, Ballmer'd have no one to shout "Developers Developers.." to. Tho the big brother is still watching almost everyone, the revolution hasn't been succeeded, there's more and more Switchers just as the 12 Disciples following Jesus and Washington and Jefferson, who "switched" and led others switching to the American belief. The Macintosh is a dream and a belief. A dream where computers is easy to use, great to look at and elegantly to feel. A dream where there weren't no hassle dealing with Viruses, Malwares, BSoDs, DLLs and Registries. A belief where no IT person and Encyclopedia-like thick User Manuals (plus, aftersale support calls to India) are needed. We Evangelists swear to slowly take people back from confuses and panics and unneccessary pains. We live in this Windows world and we ought to be good citizens, but time will prove why this Troy will forever alter the Windows world, because "Once you switched to Mac, you never look back."

Without you and your iPod+iTunes, Rock and Roll wouldn't have reborned and we won't be listening to music this easy and as-like. Without your struggle and continued efforts with the Big Five, no one would be able to own the music. Windows Media DRM plus the greedy Record Lables would've forever locked people out from the world of justice and right and jail everyone in this new digital music world. Tortured UI would've ruled every single Music Player out there, with tiny screens and awkward nipple-like buttons. "128MB with 30 songs in your pocket" would've been our wildest dream. And no one wants more because merely those 30 songs would've taken well over an hour to "sync" to the players without Firewire (Intel'd never invent USB2.0 were there not have been Firewire), which could and were even worse because the success rate of a sync were well below 50% (remember that Yepp?), and after which or halfway thru the battery died out and you had to buy some new AAAs and let out some more Leads the environment to even begin listening to these 30 songs.

Without you and your Pixar (Now assets of Disney), CG and computer animation would not be seen in movies and less laugh could've been observed in the cinema. Toy Story? Finding Nemo? The Incredibles? Cars? Well why "serious people" would even want it!

Without you and your Apple (Now Apple Inc.), beige boxes would still be the symbol of a computer with cords and wires dangling around like . Industrial design and elegance would never be relevance to a machine. Passion, Stevenote, RDM, Wow factor, "Boom", "blow away", "amazing", "mere mortal", rocket concert would be far away from the computer industry. No one around the world would camp out the night before in a cold winter day, fly to or across America, or stay up until 2 o'clock late in the morning (in other countries of other continents) just for a better seat for the next day's keynote of a CEO or simply to watch it; no multi-hundred people would line up stretching out a few blocks just to wait for the opening of a Computer Store; no one would cut or shave or paint his hair to mimic a company logo; no one would create a community with countless rumor sites having various "sources" claiming a new tech products were on the horizon, and thousands of people follow up immediately to piping up their dreams. No one…

We are seen as the crazy ones from time to time, but we like the umbrella. Since the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do. It's 2007 and the first 30 years were just the beginning. For Apple, and for us all.

Happy Birthday, Steve. From Beijing.

macEfan
Feb 24, 2007, 10:57 PM
happy birthday Steve!

Happy birthday MacRumors. Keep up the good work Arn, Dr. Q, and everyone else!

neutrino23
Feb 24, 2007, 10:57 PM
Happy Birthday Steve Jobs and MacRumors.

Teddy's
Feb 24, 2007, 11:04 PM
Happy birthday Steve and MacRumors.

Samwise592
Feb 24, 2007, 11:11 PM
wow... 52 and he still hosts those keynotes... gotta hand it to him, hes got one hell of a work ethic.

happy birthday!

mrkramer
Feb 24, 2007, 11:17 PM
Happy birthday to both of them.:D :D :apple: :apple:

zander
Feb 24, 2007, 11:28 PM
Happy birthday to all!

Cult Follower
Feb 24, 2007, 11:35 PM
How could someone put a negative on this??

Am3822
Feb 24, 2007, 11:56 PM
Great website -- helped me a lot with my mac, keep up the good work.

Mgkwho
Feb 25, 2007, 12:00 AM
H:apple:ppy Birthd:apple:ay M:apple:cRumors!!

-=|Mgkwho

puckhead193
Feb 25, 2007, 12:23 AM
Happy Birthday to Steve and MR...
are you 1....are you 2...are you 3..... :rolleyes:

flir67
Feb 25, 2007, 12:56 AM
happy birthday steve

twoodcc
Feb 25, 2007, 01:51 AM
Happy Birthday (i know i'm late, but i gotta say it anyways)

p0intblank
Feb 25, 2007, 02:45 AM
I'm about four hours late, but...

Happy birthday, Steve Jobs and MacRumors!!! I find it amazing how both their birthdays fall on the same day.

That... is called fate. :p

naco
Feb 25, 2007, 03:19 AM
Looking for a new product? It might just be happening. As of right now, (1:17 AM Pacific Feb. 25) [wow, i need to get a life:) ] the Apple store is down.

What might we see?

Mass Hysteria
Feb 25, 2007, 04:02 AM
Bit early for leopard, what could it be?

pixies4ever
Feb 25, 2007, 04:38 AM
:apple: TV unleashed

iMikeT
Feb 25, 2007, 05:40 AM
Here's to more years of great technology and rumors about technology to come!

tjcampbell
Feb 25, 2007, 05:47 AM
Happy Birthday MacRumors, thanks again for providing this awesome forum. Cheers, tom

zac4mac
Feb 25, 2007, 06:02 AM
OOOppps Five hours late -

Haapppy Birrrthdaaaay to His Steveness and Arn's baby

And to all you youngsters - easy on the old man cracks. I know 52 sounded old to me 30 years ago too, but now it seems so "last year" to me.

Best Birthday I've had yet was when I turned 50.

May the best day of your past be the worst day of your future - Irish toast.

Z

jonutarr
Feb 25, 2007, 07:13 AM
move to page 2

Dr_Maybe
Feb 25, 2007, 07:27 AM
Events, births and deaths on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/February_24#Births

Steve Jobs is already there. Maybe someone should add MacRumors to the events section ;)

BenHagerty
Feb 25, 2007, 08:08 AM
February 24th is my birthday too!

Rockabizzydilly
Feb 25, 2007, 09:08 AM
Happy birthday Mister Jobs and MacRumors,

cbrain
Feb 25, 2007, 09:25 AM
Happy Birthday to both of you!

lorductape
Feb 25, 2007, 09:45 AM
I must say, anyone who voted "negative" for this story is not :apple: worthy.

wmmk
Feb 25, 2007, 09:56 AM
So whose supplying the cake?

I'd say Jaffa (http://forums.macrumors.com/member.php?u=38312) will be bringing the cake...

Happy birthday MR and Steve! Is this a coincidence, or was it planned?

steve_hill4
Feb 25, 2007, 10:11 AM
52 years old huh...

While I admire your efforts, surely he would be counted in his fifth generation at the moment, so that's the G5 bit. But he's in his second year of his G5, which corresponds to the second day of the week, Tuesday.

Anyway, happy birthday to Jobs, MacRumors and all MacRumors members who also shared their celebrations yesterday. :)

lorductape
Feb 25, 2007, 10:39 AM
52 years old huh...

no, it's 5+2. therefor, they'll skip over the name of G6 and go straight to G7, to be released on 5/2. Also, the 7 is a tribute to the 7 years of macrumors, so the G7 mac's will be Macrumors special editions, to compliment the special edition beatles iPod that mr. merlin mann has declared will happen.

Doctor Q
Feb 25, 2007, 11:54 AM
I enjoyed your article, xxavier (this post). It's nice to read about Steve Jobs' and Apple's contributions from the point of view of an appreciative fan. Steve's birthday is a good time to reflect.

I admit that I don't know much about Apple in China, how widespread Macs and iPods are there so far, how good the language support is in Mac OS X, when we might expect iTunes China or retail Apple Stores in China, and so on.

And whether we know what to expect or not, it's always fun to speculate!

jonharris200
Feb 25, 2007, 02:07 PM
Belated h:apple:ppy birthd:apple:y to the MR team! :)

MattG
Feb 25, 2007, 03:09 PM
Happy b-day Steve and congrats on your newest store opening yesterday in Bonita Springs, FL! :D

TheDance511
Feb 25, 2007, 03:28 PM
Happy b day steve & macrumors..thanks:)

DMann
Feb 25, 2007, 06:17 PM
Happy Birthday and a Day, Steve!

And to you too, MacRumors.........:p

7on
Feb 26, 2007, 09:13 AM
well, today is my birthday :p

Maccus Aurelius
Feb 26, 2007, 12:33 PM
With every passing year, Steve Jobs gets closer to death. That would be a reason to vote this negative.

And Jobs has no real successor. He's basically Apple. If he were to croak, he'd probably take Apple with him, and investors would get plenty worried.

BuzWeaver
Mar 2, 2007, 11:16 AM
Congrats all around!!! :cool: