PDA

View Full Version : My cat peed on my laptop case!!!

evil
Jun 1, 2003, 11:40 AM
can anyone give me any tips about getting the stank out of it?
i cant just put it in the wash and i dont really want to pay to get it dry cleaned, if that is even possible.

pseudobrit
Jun 1, 2003, 11:49 AM
Eww... cat pee!

Try baking soda, lemon, if all else fails, bleach will always neutralise urine.

evil
Jun 1, 2003, 11:51 AM
bleach? lemon juice? will these effect the blackness of the case. i dont want stains either.
yeah and the damn cat also peed on my digital camcorder case as well.
same material, same stink.

pseudobrit
Jun 1, 2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by evil
bleach? lemon juice? will these effect the blackness of the case. i dont want stains either.
yeah and the damn cat also peed on my digital camcorder case as well.
same material, same stink.

The bleach probably will but it depends on the concentration. The lemon juice shouldn't. What you want to do is attack it with bases and acids. Try some of the OxiClean crap; I hear it gets stains out well.

job
Jun 1, 2003, 11:58 AM
1. Get rid of cat.
2. Buy new case.

Problem solved. ;) :p

Honestly, I haven't had to deal with cat pee before. There are some carpet cleaners designed specifically to get rid of pet odors. I've had to use them for dogs and I'd imagine that they would be just as effective against cat piddle. On the plus side, these cleaners don't stain. However, the cleaners were designed to be used on carpets, so I'm not too sure how effective they would be on a laptop case.

evil
Jun 1, 2003, 12:00 PM
id rather get rid of the case then the cat.
just friday his little man cat testes were removed. so far its helping

he also received a complimentary sack shaving

pseudobrit
Jun 1, 2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by job
1. Get rid of cat.

I'll go along with that, but I'm a bit biased, being violently allergic to them. I don't like them. They're not pets; they're just these half-wild creatures that happen to live in your house and do as they please.

At least the bugger is neutered now; one less cat spreading his seed around.

job

That. Is. The. Funniest. Thing. I've. Ever. Read.

:D :D :D :D

I haven't been able to stop laughing for the past 10 minutes.

I've got a cat too and he was neutered last month. He couldn't walk for a week. :p

mymemory
Man, if you can not figure out how to wash a case!!!:rolleyes:

rainman::|:|
Jun 1, 2003, 12:20 PM
well, i know that if a car hits a skunk, you wash the underside with tomato sauce-- and skunk juice is really horrifically strong...so that's what i would try.

OOh... is it all nylon? Just thought of something. Cascade makes this stuff for your tupperware/dishwasher insides that takes the stain and odor out of the plastic... Get a tube of that, follow instructions, and run the bag through the dishwasher. See if that stuff doesn't do it.

BTW i hope you kicked the cats ass...

pnw

evil
Jun 1, 2003, 12:22 PM
ya know. the dishwasher thing might not be a bad thought. id hate to have cat stink in the dishwasher though.
no i did not kick his ass.
i told him to piss on my girlfriends HP next time he has to go.

scem0
Jun 1, 2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by job
1. Get rid of cat.

Change to
1. Get rid of cat. Get dog.

Dogs are so much better than cats. :)

evil
Jun 1, 2003, 12:31 PM
i dont have the time nor patience to do dog stuff such as take it out for walks and all that.
dogs are alright though.
i prefer cats.

scem0
Jun 1, 2003, 12:34 PM
Ive never touched my dog... okay that's not true.... Ive never taken it for a walk and it's not fat. I let it run outside. I let it run around the house (not wildly).

BTW it is a Rat Terrier, and a great dog.

evil
Jun 1, 2003, 12:36 PM
i dont have anywhere to let a dog run around either...
i live in a big apartment building in the downtown area.
the little balcony wouldnt be big enough. :D

job
Jun 1, 2003, 12:39 PM
i prefer cats.

Yeah, me too.

They are far more independent and self-sufficient.

scem0
Jun 1, 2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by job
Yeah, me too.

They are far more independent and self-sufficient.

not to mention prissy, arrogant, and boring. :rolleyes: ;)

MacFan25
Jun 1, 2003, 12:50 PM
I'm allergic to cats...dogs are way cooler. ;)

Good luck on trying to get the pee smell out of the bag! ;)

pseudobrit
Jun 1, 2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by paulwhannel
well, i know that if a car hits a skunk, you wash the underside with tomato sauce-- and skunk juice is really horrifically strong...so that's what i would try.

OOh... is it all nylon? Just thought of something. Cascade makes this stuff for your tupperware/dishwasher insides that takes the stain and odor out of the plastic... Get a tube of that, follow instructions, and run the bag through the dishwasher. See if that stuff doesn't do it.

BTW i hope you kicked the cats ass...

pnw

Actually, tomato juice doesn't really work.

The most effective formula for removing skunk odors is:

- 1 litre of three per cent hydrogen peroxide
- cup sodium bicarbonate, or baking soda
- dash of dishwasher detergent

vniow
Jun 1, 2003, 01:40 PM
I prefer lizards myself.

shadowfax
Jun 1, 2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by scem0
not to mention prissy, arrogant, and boring. :rolleyes: ;) ummm. i have had a number of cats. the one i have now (sort of) is indeed a prissy bitch who never comes when i call and frequently bites and hisses when i pet her anywhere other than her neck. needless to say, she doesn't live inside. or ever come inside except when the extreme austin cold motivates me to pity her.

i used to have a cat, though, that would play around with me and be generally fun, and slobbered a lot less than most dogs. she was sharp as a tack and shy with most people except the family, which i like. it makes me feel like my pet prefers me over others rather than just stupidly whoring itself to anyone to get its neck scratched while panting and wagging its tail. a lot of parrots are like that too, possessive of their owners and very loyal.

ultimately, i prefer to stick with Robert DeNiro's commentary on cats and dogs from meet the parents.

;) but i wouldn't diss any pet categorically. that's stupid. i have seen great dogs, and great cats, and plenty of terrible ones from each group too.

scem0
Jun 1, 2003, 02:44 PM
I have never met a cat I liked. Kittens are a different story. Kittens rock, too bad they don't last.

My dog is like your cat Shadowfax, not very trusting of new people. But she loves our family and close friends. Silly silly dog.

evil
Jun 1, 2003, 02:48 PM
neither of my cats are prissy or arrogant at all. thank god.
neither of them hiss or scratch or bite. they are both super friendly and like people a lot. visitors to my house usually end up having one of them on their lap.
my house wouldnt be the same without them around.
they even play fetch with me and meow at me when i sneeze.

tazo
Jun 1, 2003, 03:02 PM
Change to
1. Get rid of cat. Get dog.

Dogs are so much better than cats. :)

I second that :)

and if you don't have room, get a dashund, they are the coolest dogs and they really dont have to be walked very much, since they themselves cannot handle a lot of walking.

shadowfax
Jun 1, 2003, 03:04 PM
My dog is like your cat Shadowfax, not very trusting of new people. But she loves our family and close friends. Silly silly dog. look, a dog that defied my purported prejudice! ;)

there are cats that are unusual too, in funky ways. my youth group leader had this cool cat named dostoevesky (DOS for short), and that cat would go and sit with anyone in the room, and try and get them to pet him till he managed to annoy them into doing so. he was so affectionate it was startling. hell, even for a dog it would have been odd.

Megaquad
Jun 1, 2003, 03:06 PM
I had a cat few years ago, and it was very boring.
He was living outside and only coming in for like 60 seconds when he needed food or when I was sick.. (I wake up and find cat in my bed.. uh oh, that means i got flu or something simmilar).

Too bad I developed some kind of psychological alergy on cats.
Oh.. poor cat anyway.

Flowbee
Jun 1, 2003, 03:10 PM
There's a product called "Nature's Miracle" that works quite well on cat urine stains. You can find it a your local Petsmart store (and probably at petsmart.com).

wdlove
Jun 1, 2003, 03:11 PM
"Haley's Hints"

Pet accidents: Pour liberal amounts of club soda on the area and blot immediately with paper towels. If odor is there the next day, cpver the area with about 1/4 inch of baking soda and let it sit for 2 days, then remove.

If the stainor odor persists, try this method. Add 1 cup of hydrogen peroxide to 1 tbsp. of baking soda. Add 1/2 tsp. of dish soap and stir well. Apply a solutions to the stained area with a sponge. Let dry and wipe off.

Hope that this will be successful!

evil
Jun 1, 2003, 03:14 PM
interesting!
thanks to all for the tips.

donigian
Jun 5, 2003, 06:50 PM
id rather get rid of the case then the cat.

LMAO, litteraly. Thanks for telling all the details and cheering up my day.

evil
Jun 5, 2003, 07:16 PM
i try to entertain as well as inform

actripxl
Jun 5, 2003, 07:19 PM
Well thats what you get for having a cat.:D Really I hate cats, its not like they do tricks (can you tell im a dog lover):D

evil
Jun 5, 2003, 07:29 PM
they do tricks. say "sleep" and they sleep.
say "piss on my laptop case" and they will do that as well

donigian
Jun 5, 2003, 08:06 PM
they do tricks. say "sleep" and they sleep.
say "piss on my laptop case" and they will do that as well

WOW!!! You really taught your cat to do that, I'm impressed! Can I hire you to teach my cat tricks?

(I think she gets the sleep command though, and the shed-your-hair-over-all-my-clothes command.)

Sun Baked
Jun 5, 2003, 08:14 PM
There is a more permanent and tasty solution to keep those nasty neighborhood cats from messing with your property.

donigian
Jun 5, 2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Sun Baked
There is a more permanent and tasty solution to teach those nasty neighborhood cats from messing with your property.

I never thought about that, feeding it to your evil teachers...I'll be right back, have to catch a cat.

Captnroger
Jun 5, 2003, 08:28 PM
Dogs are so much better than cats.

After just paying a $1000 vet bill to have a sock removed from my stupid arse Golden's tummy, I disagree. Well wait, dogs are better than cats, but a whole lot dummer.

This guy eats a sock or towel every month, and he's 6 years old. First time he's never been able to pass it. Don't even start with the 'you should have kept it away from him' talk - it doesn't matter with this one. If you turn away, it's gone. He's had problems before, but always has passed them (something looking out back seeing your dog with a 2 foot long towel hanging out his backside), but this time he met his match. They had to go in and remove it.

Stupid dog.

donigian
Jun 5, 2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Captnroger
After just paying a $1000 vet bill to have a sock removed from my stupid arse Golden's tummy, I disagree. Well wait, dogs are better than cats, but a whole lot dummer.

This guy eats a sock or towel every month, and he's 6 years old. First time he's never been able to pass it. Don't even start with the 'you should have kept it away from him' talk - it doesn't matter with this one. If you turn away, it's gone. He's had problems before, but always has passed them (something looking out back seeing your dog with a 2 foot long towel hanging out his backside), but this time he met his match. They had to go in and remove it.

Stupid dog.

The dogs dummer than what exactly?
j/k

My father's cat used to eat the tinsel from Christmas trees and it would, well, kind of pass.

Dad enjoyed laughing at the cat as it walked around the house dragging his poo with tinsel hanging out his ass, but he never enjoyed pulling it the rest of the way out.

evil
Jun 5, 2003, 09:04 PM
im glad i never had to pull anything out of my cats ass.
they only eat their own food. no towels, tinsel, or anything else.

donigian
Jun 5, 2003, 11:36 PM
im glad i never had to pull anything out of my cats ass.
they only eat their own food. no towels, tinsel, or anything else.

My, aren't you a lucky one. You should feel blessed that your cat acts "normal," for a cat at least.