Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stadidas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
Kent, United Kingdom
I just bought a copy of Parallels at the Apple Store today. I registered the software with no problems, using the activation key on the booklet. I then went online and downloaded the RC3 build. It installed properly, but for some reason will not accept the activation code that is printed in the documentation on my booklet, even though their website says: "If you are a current Parallels Desktop for Mac user this Update will use your existing activation key. New users need to get a trial key to use the software." Has anyone else had this problem?

micvog

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2003
I just bought a copy of Parallels at the Apple Store today. I registered the software with no problems, using the activation key on the booklet. I then went online and downloaded the RC3 build. It installed properly, but for some reason will not accept the activation code that is printed in the documentation on my booklet, even though their website says: "If you are a current Parallels Desktop for Mac user this Update will use your existing activation key. New users need to get a trial key to use the software." Has anyone else had this problem?

It is a known problem for non-US activation keys. Last I checked Parallel's forums, the work around was just to request a trial key.

pauly6734

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2007
No problem

I did the same thing as you did. Bought the box from Apple store. Had lots of problems; threw out the Parallel/window XP combo. Downloaded the beta from paraellel then activate it using the activation key from the Box. Works OK with me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.