PDA

View Full Version : happy birthday cleo!

janey
Jun 2, 2003, 08:09 PM
i promise this is my last birthday thread :p

happy birthday cleo! you're turning 23 today aren't you? btw, i love your blog :)

King Cobra
Jun 2, 2003, 08:15 PM
Come on, cleo. Feel great today. :cool:

wdlove
Jun 2, 2003, 08:24 PM
Happy 23rd B-Day cleo. I hope that you will have many more to come!

arn
Jun 2, 2003, 08:29 PM
haven't seen cleo in a while...

Cleo - you out there?

arn

MrMacMan
Jun 2, 2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by übergeek
i promise this is my last birthday thread :p
:)

Suuurrreee.

Arn can we set a standard: PM or Thread?

If it is thread then I was utterly screwed for my b-day. :rolleyes:

shadowfax
Jun 2, 2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman
Suuurrreee.

Arn can we set a standard: PM or Thread?

If it is thread then I was utterly screwed for my b-day. :rolleyes: PM for n00bs and losers like us, thread for "senior" members.

applemacdude
Jun 2, 2003, 08:40 PM
happy b day cleo:)

eyelikeart
Jun 2, 2003, 08:43 PM
I have a question here...

how many people here actually "know" cleo?

MrMacMan
Jun 2, 2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Shadowfax
PM for n00bs and losers like us, thread for "senior" members.

Yeah, go to hell.

(If any of you are confused, sorry its an insider joke thing)
Senior, my foot!

King Cobra
Jun 2, 2003, 08:46 PM
MrMacman, your post speaks for itself.

No, I have not met cleo in person, but I do visit her blogs every so often.

Rower_CPU
Jun 2, 2003, 08:53 PM
Well, in case you come by and happen to see any of this foolishness, I hope you had a great birthday and are doing great, cleo. :)

shadowfax
Jun 2, 2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
how many people here actually "know" cleo? what, like in the biblical sense of the word "know?"

medea
Jun 2, 2003, 08:58 PM
happy birthday, though you probably won't read this thread......

janey
Jun 2, 2003, 08:59 PM
PM for n00bs and losers like us, thread for "senior" members.
hehe how about threads for all the demigods, demigoddesses and gods and the senior members, then PM's and stuff for other people.
Or perhaps we could just start one big birthday thread.

shadowfax
Jun 2, 2003, 09:02 PM
hehe how about threads for all the demigods, demigoddesses and gods and the senior members, then PM's and stuff for other people.
Or perhaps we could just start one big birthday thread. the only problem with an official birthday thread is that the people you are honoring would have to check it or get PMed to know about it. takes away that special feeling from seeing a thread just for you on your b-day, which a number members on here definitely deserve, IMO.

but other than that, one big thread would be convenient. for some, i think a PM just isn't enough.

janey
Jun 2, 2003, 09:16 PM
the only problem with an official birthday thread is that the people you are honoring would have to check it or get PMed to know about it. takes away that special feeling from seeing a thread just for you on your b-day, which a number members on here definitely deserve, IMO.

but other than that, one big thread would be convenient. for some, i think a PM just isn't enough.
true...
of course, even if we have one big b-day thread, we'll still have to start a new thread for king cobra's b-day which is coming up :p not to mention at least 50 other people who deserve special recognition (i.e. vniow, you, arn, mr. anderson, etc.)

MacBandit
Jun 2, 2003, 09:20 PM
I have a question here...

how many people here actually "know" cleo?

When I started here back in August she was posting a quite a bit but went away soon after that. That should give you a timeline of who knows here and who doesn't.

Happy Birthday wherever you are.

beez7777
Jun 2, 2003, 09:36 PM
what, like in the biblical sense of the word "know?"

heh, i doubt he meant it like that. :)

anyways, i didn't really know cleo, but i was around for some of her later posts, and i remember when she won the avatar contest. happy birthday cleo. :)

eyelikeart
Jun 2, 2003, 09:38 PM
I was more curious than anything since über started this thread & I didn't think she was even around when cleo was active.

I just found it interesting that's all... ;)

MacBandit
Jun 2, 2003, 09:47 PM
I was more curious than anything since über started this thread & I didn't think she was even around when cleo was active.

I just found it interesting that's all... ;)

Your right. I doubt über ever saw any of Cleos posts at all. I had a few good talks with her when the weather was really bad where she was.

shadowfax
Jun 2, 2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by MacBandit
Your right. I doubt über ever saw any of Cleos posts at all. I had a few good talks with her when the weather was really bad where she was. she may have. i know i have seen a few of cleo's posts, but i didn't know her at all. never interacted with her on the forums for sure.

eye-yeah i was just messing around.

Doctor Q
Jun 2, 2003, 09:59 PM
Cleo's last post (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=333976#post333976) was a month ago. She certainly hasn't been posting here as much as she was previously. But her online journal had this to say today:Today was an amazing affirmation to me that I'm meant to be here, now, with all of these amazing loving people around me.I guess she doesn't mean us. :(

eyelikeart
Jun 2, 2003, 09:59 PM
Your right. I doubt über ever saw any of Cleos posts at all. I had a few good talks with her when the weather was really bad where she was.

was this during the huricane season by chance?

MacBandit
Jun 2, 2003, 10:04 PM
was this during the huricane season by chance?

Sure was. Wasn't she in Louisiana?

job
Jun 2, 2003, 10:07 PM
of course, even if we have one big b-day thread, we'll still have to start a new thread for king cobra's b-day which is coming up

My birthday is on June 27th.

Whee....end of WWDC... :D

eyelikeart
Jun 2, 2003, 10:08 PM
Sure was. Wasn't she in Louisiana?

no she was in Florida...I was actually here in New Orleans during it...

she was actually helping me keep my sanity while home for 2 consecutive storms in 2 weeks... ;)

mymemory
Jun 2, 2003, 10:10 PM
Feliz cumple...

Show us a pic:D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 2, 2003, 10:47 PM
I actually posted to here blog wishing her a happy b-day. Cleo is one of the original 20 demi gods and won the first avatar contest. She's been doing a lot of studying lately, I think.

Happy B-day again, Cleo.

D

eyelikeart
Jun 2, 2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
I actually posted to here blog wishing her a happy b-day. Cleo is one of the original 20 demi gods and won the first avatar contest. She's been doing a lot of studying lately, I think.

nice...I sent her an email earlier... ;)

MrMacMan
Jun 2, 2003, 11:05 PM
true...
of course, even if we have one big b-day thread, we'll still have to start a new thread for king cobra's b-day which is coming up :p not to mention at least 50 other people who deserve special recognition (i.e. vniow, you, arn, mr. anderson, etc.)

Urg, oh well, I Loathe you all too.

Good night!

p.s, big thread of b-days work because I will never get a thread anyway...

edit: not directly directed at über in anyway.

shadowfax
Jun 2, 2003, 11:11 PM
p.s, big thread of b-days work because I will never get a thread anyway... acting like you have on this thread, absolutely! we never said you wouldn't get one. aren't you a rather senior poster? it's not like she specifically left your name out.

don't worry about it so much. and stop telling us to go to hell and that you loathe us. if you did, you wouldn't care whether or not we made you a birthday thread.

chin up dude, this is not the place ;)

MrMacMan
Jun 2, 2003, 11:16 PM
acting like you have on this thread, absolutely! we never said you wouldn't get one. aren't you a rather senior poster? it's not like she specifically left your name out.

don't worry about it so much. and stop telling us to go to hell and that you loathe us. if you did, you wouldn't care whether or not we made you a birthday thread.

chin up dude, this is not the place ;)

I'm not feeling in the chipper mood right now.

I don't really care either, maybe some sleep will do me good, I dunno.
I am a revitalized member, I posted alot 'at the beginning' stopped for school and then 'came back' so yeah.

You guys mean alot to me, so when I was PM'ed by 2 people and other people who haven't posted in a month get a thread (sorry cleo, I'm sure your a nice person)... I am suspicious...

shadowfax
Jun 2, 2003, 11:26 PM
I'm not feeling in the chipper mood right now.

I don't really care either, maybe some sleep will do me good, I dunno.
I am a revitalized member, I posted alot 'at the beginning' stopped for school and then 'came back' so yeah.

You guys mean alot to me, so when I was PM'ed by 2 people and other people who haven't posted in a month get a thread (sorry cleo, I'm sure your a nice person)... I am suspicious... i know this prolly belongs in a PM, but your box is full anyhow:

1) i am sorry you didn't have a nice evening. i know the feeling, more or less.

2) stop taking things we aren't doing personally. the fact that these people have been getting threads and you didn't says less than nothing about how we collectively feel about you. threads are created by people acting alone anyway.

3) wasn't i one of the folks that PMed you for your birthday, or am i off?

vniow
Jun 2, 2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by job
My birthday is on June 27th.

Whee....end of WWDC... :D

Mine's July 16th, there's some sort of Apple event going on that day, I forget what it is though...

scem0
Jun 3, 2003, 12:00 AM
Congrats Cleo. Cast Contentment continously, k?

:rolleyes: :p :D :D

MrMacMan
Jun 3, 2003, 06:25 AM
i know this prolly belongs in a PM, but your box is full anyhow:

1) i am sorry you didn't have a nice evening. i know the feeling, more or less.

2) stop taking things we aren't doing personally. the fact that these people have been getting threads and you didn't says less than nothing about how we collectively feel about you. threads are created by people acting alone anyway.

3) wasn't i one of the folks that PMed you for your birthday, or am i off?
2. Yeah oh well, speak about me they didn't.
I had a sucky day, sorry.
3. Yes you did.

MY BOX IS FULL:GAH!!!

'delete, DELETE, DELETE!'

Mr. Anderson
Jun 3, 2003, 07:36 AM

Your b-day was March 7th according to your profile - and you're upset about not getting recognized now?

I'm sorry you feel left out, but you're making it even worse by making it an issue. I'd recommend you stop worrying about it and move on.

You'll probably get one now on your 16th next year :D

D

MacBandit
Jun 3, 2003, 12:09 PM
2. Yeah oh well, speak about me they didn't.
3. Yes you did.

MY BOX IS FULL:GAH!!!

'delete, DELETE, DELETE!'

Don't worry abot it. I know I haven't been here as long as you but I didn't get a thread for my birthday either. I didn't even get PM I just got a couple side mentions in a couple of active threads. Doesn't really matter I mean I hope you do have real friends and family outside of this virtual reality.

wdlove
Jun 3, 2003, 02:04 PM
Urg, oh well, I Loathe you all too.

Good night!

p.s, big thread of b-days work because I will never get a thread anyway...

edit: not directly directed at über in anyway.

Sorry that we disappointed you MrMacman! I will try to remember to start a thread for you next year. You are well deserving of a thread! ;)

beez7777
Jun 3, 2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by vniow
Mine's July 16th, there's some sort of Apple event going on that day, I forget what it is though...

Mine's the 17th, i went to MWNY and the opening of the SoHo store that day, it was quite fun. :D

Doctor Q
Jun 3, 2003, 03:03 PM
;) There's a way to make this much more fair. We just need a new feature in vBulletin. It should start a new thread automatically whenever it is a member's birthday. Then, 24 hours later, it should move the thread to the Wasteland automatically.

shadowfax
Jun 3, 2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Doctor Q
;) There's a way to make this much more fair. We just need a new feature in vBulletin. It should start a new thread automatically whenever it is a member's birthday. Then, 24 hours later, it should move the thread to the Wasteland automatically.
1) not everyone's birthday deserves a thread, as we have said, there are 17000 users, and still hundreds or thousands of people that just started posting that no one really knows. but i would hate to confine a b-day thread to some terms like "demis and 6502's+ only" or something along those lines.

2) that would be terrible to wasteland them automatically. if this were implemented, we would need a b-day archive subforum. they could go there.

Doctor Q
Jun 3, 2003, 04:14 PM
Those problems are easy to overcome.

To handle the 17,000 new threads a year, arn just has to sell thousands of extra mugs and buy a server farm.

To handle the problem that nobody knows some members, we'll hire a detective to dig up more personal information about each member who hasn't supplied enough details and add "the dirt" to their profile whether they like it or not.

And to make room for the archive with so many birthday threads, we'd get rid of less-useful forums like News and Software and Community Discussion. And, while we're at it, we might as well rename the site to MacRumorBirthdays.com.

(Shadowfax, if I didn't know better I'd think you were taking my suggestions seriously. I'm teasing all of us but, actually, I don't mind these birthday threads as long as there aren't too many of them, and there haven't been so far.)

shadowfax
Jun 3, 2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Doctor Q
(Shadowfax, if I didn't know better I'd think you were taking my suggestions seriously. I'm teasing all of us but, actually, I don't mind these birthday threads as long as there aren't too many of them, and there haven't been so far.) arhh, shame on me. it was partly a good idea, and while a little outrageous, not really outrageous enough to seem clearly like a joke. lol, my bad.

wdlove
Jun 3, 2003, 05:59 PM
I would just hate to miss a good friends B-Day, trying hard to check daily!

janey
Jun 3, 2003, 06:09 PM
i have read a few of her posts.
mrmacman: i'm sorry i didn't mention you but your birthday is far away and if you really wanted a thread why didn't you start a "happy birthday to myself" thread? really, this isn't the best place to bitch about not getting a b-day thread :rolleyes:
don't be so sad though :p
happy day after your original birthday cleo, even though i know you'll never read this thread :)

King Cobra
Jun 3, 2003, 06:19 PM
>of course, even if we have one big b-day thread, we'll still have to start a new thread for king cobra's b-day which is coming up :p (über)

I figured someone was paying attention.

>not to mention at least 50 other people who deserve special recognition (i.e. vniow, you, arn, mr. anderson, etc.)

A lot of summer birthdays...

We'll definately have to throw something onto the forums for around that time. :D

Oh, and as for all the personal/literal crap that's been surfacing within this thread, I find it very annoying that such discussion is in a birthday thread of all things.

Message each other and don't spoil the cake with the big "23" number candles on it.

job
Jun 3, 2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
A lot of summer birthdays...

We'll definately have to throw something onto the forums for around that time. :D

Who has the first summer birthday?

That member could start a nice big "summer birthday" thread and leave it at that. All the other users with summer birthdays could then update the thread when their birthday rolls around.

King Cobra
Jun 3, 2003, 06:34 PM
Since Ms. V already announced the date of her summer birthday, I feel it's appropriate to add to that:

July 20

job
Jun 3, 2003, 06:39 PM
At the risk of re-posting, mines June 27th.

When's yours KC?

[edit: oops, i guess july 20th is yours. nevermind.]

scem0
Jun 3, 2003, 06:57 PM
Lots of people are born in April and May (as I was - April 17)

April Showers bring May flowers - and babies.

:rolleyes: ok I don't know where that came from.

MrMacMan
Jun 3, 2003, 08:01 PM
Yeah sorry about my complains yesterday, they are wayy too many and wayy too much.

Tho, I have brought this up in other threads... :rolleyes:

wdlove
Jun 3, 2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by scem0
Lots of people are born in April and May (as I was - April 17)

April Showers bring May flowers - and babies.

:rolleyes: ok I don't know where that came from.

How about that our B-Days are very close, scem0. I was born on April 26th!